A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Leinster v Munster, URC Final Round, Sat. 21st May, 7:15pm, Aviva

Post by ronk »

Twist wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 12:17 am
Blueberry wrote:
enby wrote: May 21st, 2022, 9:15 pm Total humiliation. Looking forward to having a look at their forum later.

All the media nonsense about Kendellen, Ahern and JOD. Decent players but not in the class of Penney, McCarthy and Max.

Poor Earls and Conway never got a decent attacking pass all night. Farrell is great at the bish bosh SA style stuff but he hasn't an ounce of creativity about him. Joey is a pale shadow of his former self and Murray's race is run.
Pour a nice glass of something then tuck into Munsterfans.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I did. It turns out it’s the IRFU’s fault.

“What is wrong with the IRFU? What is the composition of the board 90% Leinster and the rest of us? This is so wrong, a second string Leinster team can beat any first team from the rest of Ireland, a concerned munster supporter tries to bring in a world class center and they block him, we have nothing they are destroying everyting we care about, the rebel county needs to stand up and fight against this ****!”
That was someone's first post. Was it you?
Hoofhearted
Bookworm

Post by Hoofhearted »

I see on MF there is the usual chat about a lack or heart from the Munster players being behind their inability to beat Leinster.

Toxic bunch. Won't be long till they are booing their players again.
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

by hugonaut

Joe McCarthy: Tough on Reds.
His nickname has got to be Tailgunner now.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

enby wrote: May 21st, 2022, 11:15 pm
paddyor wrote: May 21st, 2022, 11:03 pm Saying it again because it’s not getting any traction. Frank Murphy was mostly good because he didn’t review everything. Is it just me?
Overall, much to my surprise, I agree. He backed himself on the big decisions like JOD try, the penalty try and the Russell yellow (which I thought was way too harsh) without recourse to the TMO and he only reviewed ROL try because TMO told him to. Normally he is a ref that I don't like but I will concede that he largely did his job fairly and with authority tonight
He should have reviewed their first try, the final pass was 2-3 yards forward off a static pass so no forward momentum.

He should have reviewed Russell’s yellow cause it wasn’t one, not even close.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Delighted to see Deegan & Penny stand up last night.

Their compatriots in the red backrow have been grabbing a lot of headlines, so good to see the time honoured tradition of much vaunted Munster backrows being handed their ass against us.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Thought Jenkins had a few good powerful carries when he came on. Stats have him 38 metres in 6 carries.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Hoofhearted wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 8:49 am I see on MF there is the usual chat about a lack or heart from the Munster players being behind their inability to beat Leinster.

There's probably a bit of something in that. Munster probably were still a bit down after Toulouse.

Leinster were unified by a clarity of purpose, they were confident and had belief. It's impressive that they did that with such a disparate group. 7 academy lads already showing different experience levels, retiring legends, departing players, internationals returning from injury trying to impress and a few core squad players who wanted to do their part. Different personal motivations, but all working for each other.

They were fierce in contact. Some absolutely huge hits that really slowed down momentum and made it hard for Munster to get go forward. They were unusually aggressive at the breakdown. They earned it.

Munster played with spirit, that was a tough hard fought match. But too much is unfocused such as when Haley pushed Harry Byrne into Kendellen off the ball to start a scrap. They got impatient going through phases. The penalty try was a killer. Why add a yellow on top.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Apparently Munster can't wait for the end of the season to come and that's the real reason they lost on Saturday.
QF should be a doddle for Ulster.
If I were a Munster fan I'd be p!ssed off with that sort of analysis.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Dave Cahill wrote: May 21st, 2022, 10:09 pm Joe McCarthy is the real deal, he's a proper player who, touch wood, will have a very long career in blue and green
He reminds of a young Joe Launchbury- bring him on.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

ronk wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 9:37 am
Hoofhearted wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 8:49 am I see on MF there is the usual chat about a lack or heart from the Munster players being behind their inability to beat Leinster.

There's probably a bit of something in that. Munster probably were still a bit down after Toulouse.

Leinster were unified by a clarity of purpose, they were confident and had belief. It's impressive that they did that with such a disparate group. 7 academy lads already showing different experience levels, retiring legends, departing players, internationals returning from injury trying to impress and a few core squad players who wanted to do their part. Different personal motivations, but all working for each other.

They were fierce in contact. Some absolutely huge hits that really slowed down momentum and made it hard for Munster to get go forward. They were unusually aggressive at the breakdown. They earned it.

Munster played with spirit, that was a tough hard fought match. But too much is unfocused such as when Haley pushed Harry Byrne into Kendellen off the ball to start a scrap. They got impatient going through phases. The penalty try was a killer. Why add a yellow on top.
That for me is where they lost the match. It was almost like when a 15 year old tries to start a scrap with a fully grown man all hormones and bluster
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

paddyor wrote: May 21st, 2022, 9:22 pm Thought Murphy was actually mostly fine. Main quibble being the YC/non YC calls. Great to have a ref who doesn’t need to review everything.
He picked a bad game to have probably his best performance. :lol:
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

paddyor wrote: May 21st, 2022, 10:23 pm
wixfjord wrote: May 21st, 2022, 10:04 pm
paddyor wrote: May 21st, 2022, 10:02 pm
I’m not saying it’s a certainty, I’m saying he’s going to make the coaches consider it. He’s a big game player. Slam, HEC, pro14 etc. 2nd time he’s delivered a big performance in a win for Leo in this fixture. He will take the bench at the least imo.
He'll possibly bench if Frawley is out.
Who do you think is ahead of him for the bench spot(assuming we don’t 6-2 split). I’m working on the assumption Frawley’s finished for the season.
6-2 seems like a real possibility.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Twist wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 12:17 am
Blueberry wrote:
enby wrote: May 21st, 2022, 9:15 pm Total humiliation. Looking forward to having a look at their forum later.

All the media nonsense about Kendellen, Ahern and JOD. Decent players but not in the class of Penney, McCarthy and Max.

Poor Earls and Conway never got a decent attacking pass all night. Farrell is great at the bish bosh SA style stuff but he hasn't an ounce of creativity about him. Joey is a pale shadow of his former self and Murray's race is run.
Pour a nice glass of something then tuck into Munsterfans.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I did. It turns out it’s the IRFU’s fault.

“What is wrong with the IRFU? What is the composition of the board 90% Leinster and the rest of us? This is so wrong, a second string Leinster team can beat any first team from the rest of Ireland, a concerned munster supporter tries to bring in a world class center and they block him, we have nothing they are destroying everyting we care about, the rebel county needs to stand up and fight against this ****!”
A demand for more Slaintecare.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

It's only fair to point out that this Leinster team is battle hardened.
A trip to SA with two games against very tough opposition and picking up a BP in both cases was no mean achievement.
This was a team performance as opposed to the an ad hoc 23 just thrown together.
Last edited by Oldschool on May 22nd, 2022, 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 9:53 am
That for me is where they lost the match. It was almost like when a 15 year old tries to start a scrap with a fully grown man all hormones and bluster
https://www.sportsjoe.ie/rugby/alex-ken ... ter-261538

Fans haven't gotten their money's worth if they don't get a SUAF moment.
SoupyNorman
Bookworm

Post by SoupyNorman »

ronk wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 10:55 am

I thought Byrne was just going in to get a touch of the ball to prevent a quick throw-in for Munster myself.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

SoupyNorman wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 11:52 am
ronk wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 10:55 am

I thought Byrne was just going in to get a touch of the ball to prevent a quick throw-in for Munster myself.
You could be right there, but Kendellan trying to start a scrap was an amateurish move there…
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

Another fascinating week of podcasts ahead as we delve into the big questions, ones that haven't been asked for as long as 5 weeks now.

What is Munster's identity?
Where do Munster go from here?
Can Munster resurrect their season with some silverware for the departing JVG?

I used to like Bernard Birch Jackman as a pundit, despite his difficulties with the 'th' blend. He was amusing and liked a joke about Munster. Then somewhere along the line he shelved that to take up the position of key Pandering Officer for Munster fans. "I'd like to see them go on....." etc. Part of me thinks as his profile grows in media circles, Bernard Birch Jackman is protecting the Jackman Brand. He knows too well how sensitive they are to criticism down south. He doesn't want to be labeled part of the "Dublin media" or "D4 bias" so he's rarely found drifting away from the topic about how awesome the young Munster players are. That can be shoe horned into any response about Munster's identity and culture. The recent senior and U20 6N squads were largely without strong Munster representation and it appears the only chance a Munster player starts for Andy Farrell is if he's 29. Still waiting for the successor to PoM as the next Munster developed player to feature regularly for Ireland. PoM made his debut in 2012. Their good young players are found wanting again against the Ladyboys.

At full time on Premier, Birch Jackman immediately delivered these words. "In fairness to Munster they really put it up to Leinster. They're still in the hunt to win this competition." In fairness. It isn't like Munster were strong favorites, against a team that never played together before, in a must win game. In fairness Munster really stood up.
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

You don't have to go as far as MF. Although no vitriol, there are alot if angry fans posting on the IT.
elephantman
Knowledgeable

Post by elephantman »

wixfjord wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 9:31 am Thought Jenkins had a few good powerful carries when he came on. Stats have him 38 metres in 6 carries.
Jenkins’ carrying stats are very good and he hasn’t missed a tackle this season either. Admittedly he’s only played 218 minutes.

Jenkins definitely has potential and I think Leinster will get the best out of him.