Leinster v Munster, URC Final Round, Sat. 21st May, 7:15pm, Aviva

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Re: Leinster v Munster, URC Final Round, Sat. 21st May, 7:15pm, Aviva

Post by Oldschool »

The Slaintecare approach to Munster isn't working.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

They were still wrecked from having to play 100minutes against Toulouse two weeks ago, it wasn’t fair.

Well done Leinster, welcome back Jordan Larmour.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

McCarthy and Baird absolutely belting off the line and bursting Munster carriers was brilliant. Both had great games.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Thought Murphy was actually mostly fine. Main quibble being the YC/non YC calls. Great to have a ref who doesn’t need to review everything.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

I felt bad for Kendellan having to go off with whiplash....

...caused by Scott Penny running rings around him
I have Bumbleflex
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Larmour was so good and has brilliant feet.

But can't help but feel he doesn't fit into the structured style of the first 23, particularly if he has to come on at fullback.

He takes so much out of the ball and goes for the big play so often, whereas JOB & Hugo are very different players, without the footwork but with a lot more 'directness' to their game and far better passing/kicking/catching games.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Though Larmour did have an excellent game and looked a class above I thought that McCarthy was the best player on the pitch today, he was a beast
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Dave Cahill wrote: May 21st, 2022, 9:24 pm I felt bad for Kendellan having to go off with whiplash....

...caused by Scott Penny running rings around him
:lol: :lol: :lol:
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

paddyor wrote: May 21st, 2022, 9:22 pm Thought Murphy was actually mostly fine. Main quibble being the YC/non YC calls. Great to have a ref who doesn’t need to review everything.
He was very decisive on the penalty try. Absolutely correct decision
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

TRK and the rest of the Munster Twitterati is losing it.

You love to see it.

https://twitter.com/threeredkings/statu ... 3610156033
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

wixfjord wrote: May 21st, 2022, 9:24 pm Larmour was so good and has brilliant feet.

But can't help but feel he doesn't fit into the structured style of the first 23, particularly if he has to come on at fullback.

He takes so much out of the ball and goes for the big play so often, whereas JOB & Hugo are very different players, without the footwork but with a lot more 'directness' to their game and far better passing/kicking/catching games.
He had a great game. Think he might edge JOB for the other wing. But it’s Keenan, JOB, Larmour for me at 15.

GI joe edges Baird on the bench next week I think.

We get the winner of stormer a Embra if we win according to ultimate rugby. Doesn’t seem right.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Delighted for ROL tonight I have to say. He has burst his gut in blue and had some great days and really gave everything tonight. He'll be a big loss.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

paddyor wrote: May 21st, 2022, 9:40 pm
wixfjord wrote: May 21st, 2022, 9:24 pm Larmour was so good and has brilliant feet.

He had a great game. Think he might edge JOB for the other wing. But it’s Keenan, JOB, Larmour for me at 15.

We get the winner of stormer a Embra if we win according to ultimate rugby. Doesn’t seem right.
There's absolutely no hope he edges JOB for next week.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Great Selection, Preparation & Motivation, Substitutions, Defence and Player Performances. It adds up to great Coaching.

What a match, what a night. Too many excellent Leinster performances to list them now but a wonderful way for Dev & Nugget to depart the Aviva with such memories. And also for other departees like RO'L, Adam Byrne, Pete Dooley, Josh Murphy; they left everything out there. And welcome to our two new scrumhalves. Now you understand what the standard is and you both reached it.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

wixfjord wrote: May 21st, 2022, 9:32 pm TRK and the rest of the Munster Twitterati is losing it.

You love to see it.

https://twitter.com/threeredkings/statu ... 3610156033
That’s demented. Calling for a full reset too.
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
John23
Enlightened

Post by John23 »

paddyor wrote:

Nearly certain if Leinster prevail over Glasgow they meet Bulls/Sharks winners
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

I almost feel sorry for Munster and their fans. Almost.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

wixfjord wrote: May 21st, 2022, 9:43 pm

There is. And it’s because JOB didn’t have a great outing last weekend. Bombed at least one try, maybe 2.
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

paddyor wrote: May 21st, 2022, 9:48 pm
wixfjord wrote: May 21st, 2022, 9:43 pm

There is. And it’s because JOB didn’t have a great outing last weekend. Bombed at least one try, maybe 2.
There really isn't.

JOB will start in Marseille. Larmour may make the bench.

Mark this post and come back to it on Friday at around 12.01.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Ruckedtobits wrote: May 21st, 2022, 9:44 pm Great Selection, Preparation & Motivation, Substitutions, Defence and Player Performances. It adds up to great Coaching.

What a match, what a night. Too many excellent Leinster performances to list them now but a wonderful way for Dev & Nugget to depart the Aviva with such memories. And also for other departees like RO'L, Adam Byrne, Pete Dooley, Josh Murphy; they left everything out there. And welcome to our two new scrumhalves. Now you understand what the standard is and you both reached it.
Foley looks like a great option. Season probably over with the injury, but also it’s knockout rugby from now on so barring injury not going to feature anyway. V happy with Ben Murphy. Wasn’t expecting much but if you can come on in a tight game and keep the errors down you’re winning. One of McGraths first outings was away to Connacht in a tight game(horrible night tbf) and he came on and coughed the ball a few times.
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles