Leinster v Toulouse HC SF Sat 14th May 3:00pm

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Re: Leinster v Toulouse HC SF Sat 14th May 3:00pm

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: May 14th, 2022, 4:50 pm Jesus lads, that’s some marker laid down there…

What a performance
Funny thing I think we still are not at full pump, we were a little iffy again in the 2nd half - my god if we get a perfect 80 mins going what would that be like
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Anyone But New Zealand
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Cut out the faffin' about on the opposition restarts and we could even win in the final!!!! :-)
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Very precise, even spectacular at times, in attack. Breakdown work, handling, offloading, passing, absolutely superb. Ambitious, scintillating stuff.

Scrum is a concern, especially against another mammoth team (whether Racing 92 or La Rochelle) in the final. Maul defence also a concern. Restarts could have been better, and one or two line-outs were off. Basically, the set-pieces in generally probably need to improve 10-20 per cent. Also, as excellent as Leinster were in attack at times, they could probably be even more clinical.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

We pushed the envelope in off-loads and made a few unnecessary mistakes in attack. But when you play at that pace and that high on the line, that's the risk. Lots of great performances, truly great, all-time, performances and difficult to call MOTM.

LAR the likely opponents but after that, it's our performance I'll look forward to rather than worry about R92 or LAR
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Brilliant win. Special mention to the two colossuses in the second row. Molony unbelievable hands. Well done Leinster.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Only concern now is injuries. Lowe had a bad ankle twist at the very end. Furlong looks the most concerning. Kelleher failing hia
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

OTT wrote: May 14th, 2022, 5:13 pm Brilliant win. Special mention to the two colossuses in the second row. Molony unbelievable hands. Well done Leinster.
Molony was a monster today for us, thought he was very unlucky not to get motm but j10 was just special today to get it
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Theleinsterlad wrote: May 14th, 2022, 5:15 pm
OTT wrote: May 14th, 2022, 5:13 pm Brilliant win. Special mention to the two colossuses in the second row. Molony unbelievable hands. Well done Leinster.
Molony was a monster today for us, thought he was very unlucky not to get motm but j10 was just special today to get it
Could equally probably have gone to VDF , Henshaw or Molony
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

alanair wrote: May 14th, 2022, 5:23 pm
Theleinsterlad wrote: May 14th, 2022, 5:15 pm
Could equally probably have gone to VDF , Henshaw or Molony
Gan dabht. I'd've given it to Lowe, I reckon.
blaker
Enlightened

Post by blaker »

Early but any word on Lowe and Furlong?
Leinster jersey on the Great Wall of China.The Mongolians couldn't breach it but the Blues did!
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

blaker wrote: May 14th, 2022, 5:29 pm Early but any word on Lowe and Furlong?
2 weeks to recover … so fingers crossed
Cheeses of Nazareth
Knowledgeable

Post by Cheeses of Nazareth »

Thought Lowe looked ok walking around at the end. Probably just a bit of tightness as he covered a lot of ground over the 80. I’d be more concerned for Furlong
Cheeses of Nazareth
Knowledgeable

Post by Cheeses of Nazareth »

Great stat at halftime
Leinster average ruck speed 2.6 vs 4.2 for Toulouse
52% quick ruck ball to 30% for Toulouse.

We really ran them off their feet. I thought the Toulouse pack looked knackered after about 15 mins.
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

blaker wrote: May 14th, 2022, 5:29 pm Early but any word on Lowe and Furlong?
My guess is Furlong has a sprain. His boot and ankle were all strapped up as though he was carrying a mild sprain into the game and then he aggravated it.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

I actually didn’t enjoy that very much cos of the Furlong injury. Our scrum immediately looked suspect. I think we’ll be under huge pressure in the final if he doesn’t recover.
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Twist wrote: May 14th, 2022, 6:11 pm I actually didn’t enjoy that very much cos of the Furlong injury. Our scrum immediately looked suspect. I think we’ll be under huge pressure in the final if he doesn’t recover.
I stand to be corrected but I was very disappointed with dickinsons ruling on the 2nd pen he gave after furlong had gone off. Kelleher had told ala and Porter to drop lower in their scrum position which was a great strategy and meant Toulouse if they matched would not have the same power to go through. Toulouse didn’t and their TH collapsed the scrum, but Dickinson penalised us and said we were going in too low.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

We'll just have to see how Racing and La Rochelle come thru tomorrow. As was mentioned earlier, Skelton is already out for the rest of the season, it seems.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

riocard911 wrote: May 14th, 2022, 6:29 pm We'll just have to see how Racing and La Rochelle come thru tomorrow. As was mentioned earlier, Skelton is already out for the rest of the season, it seems.
That's very significant if true. The physical dominance he and Antonio alone secured for them last year was extremely decisive. I know they have other huge guys but nothing on those two's level.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

neiliog93 wrote: May 14th, 2022, 6:30 pm
riocard911 wrote: May 14th, 2022, 6:29 pm We'll just have to see how Racing and La Rochelle come thru tomorrow. As was mentioned earlier, Skelton is already out for the rest of the season, it seems.
That's very significant if true. The physical dominance he and Antonio alone secured for them last year was extremely decisive. I know they have other huge guys but nothing on those two's level.
I still believe that the only constant in our losses against both sarries and LR was Skelton. Last season he was a one man wrecking ball against us.