Leinster v Toulouse HC SF Sat 14th May 3:00pm

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Leoslovechild
Mullet

Re: Leinster v Toulouse HC SF Sat 14th May 3:00pm

Post by Leoslovechild »

carlow man wrote: May 13th, 2022, 8:20 am How is it pissing off core fans? Ita about trying to get as many people into the ground on Sat. Core fans will be there every time as we all know. For Sat its about trying to generate as much noise and getting a full house gives the team that extra push when it's needed. Away fixtures in France has shown us that.
Very simple really .So I went to Leicester last week, bought my ticket early this week and some Johnny come lately sits next to me for half price? I'd be rightly pissed off.And as I have noticed at the Aviva a lot of those extra fans are only there for the beer!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Leoslovechild wrote: May 13th, 2022, 8:57 am
carlow man wrote: May 13th, 2022, 8:20 am How is it pissing off core fans? Ita about trying to get as many people into the ground on Sat. Core fans will be there every time as we all know. For Sat its about trying to generate as much noise and getting a full house gives the team that extra push when it's needed. Away fixtures in France has shown us that.
Very simple really .So I went to Leicester last week, bought my ticket early this week and some Johnny come lately sits next to me for half price? I'd be rightly pissed off.And as I have noticed at the Aviva a lot of those extra fans are only there for the beer!
And who would by a ticket early next time?
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

I think the seats offered to season ticket holders could have been better and I'm not sure why the map wasn't available during our sale.

If I check Ticketmaster now I can see a decent amount of tickets available in blocks which are better than the tickets on offer to STHs plus you can use the map to pick your seats.

Can't say I'm too impressed with that.
pangurban1
Bookworm

Post by pangurban1 »

A lot of regular supporters are looking for an extra ticket anyway.
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

nc6000 wrote: May 13th, 2022, 9:40 am I think the seats offered to season ticket holders could have been better and I'm not sure why the map wasn't available during our sale.

If I check Ticketmaster now I can see a decent amount of tickets available in blocks which are better than the tickets on offer to STHs plus you can use the map to pick your seats.

That regularly happens to the season ticket holders everytime there is a pre-release, they get us to soak up all the mediocre tickets knowing the good ones will sell themselves. It is a complete abuse of fans loyalty to the team
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Theleinsterlad wrote: May 13th, 2022, 10:09 am
nc6000 wrote: May 13th, 2022, 9:40 am I think the seats offered to season ticket holders could have been better and I'm not sure why the map wasn't available during our sale.

That regularly happens to the season ticket holders everytime there is a pre-release, they get us to soak up all the mediocre tickets knowing the good ones will sell themselves. It is a complete abuse of fans loyalty to the team
Ps. These are the same supporters that they do this to that get on trains planes and automobiles to support the team abroad
Last edited by Theleinsterlad on May 13th, 2022, 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Schumi
Enlightened

Post by Schumi »

They must be feeling good about sales, more blocks have opened up in the upper tier in the Southwest corner and the back of the East.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

335 tickets left available on ticketmaster from what I can see
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

mildlyinterested wrote: May 13th, 2022, 10:11 am 335 tickets left available on ticketmaster from what I can see
That's only those that have been opened for sale. There are blocks not on sale like the West upper.
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

Leoslovechild wrote: May 13th, 2022, 8:57 am
I didn't say that they would be sat in the expensive seats. Perhaps I should have said that the clusters of seats higher up that are clearly not going to be sold even at 30 or 40 euro a pop could be sold for 10 euro in a flash sale.
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

the spoofer wrote: May 13th, 2022, 8:08 am
carlow man wrote: May 13th, 2022, 7:06 am
Ray Donovan wrote: May 12th, 2022, 10:26 pm

Not exactly rewarding the fans who bought early to show their support!!
I know but if it gets a full house and people spend money in the area and at the stadium then it makes a lot of sense. Half of the fans going on Sat are only there cos its a big match at the aviva. I'd rather see a few more blue jerseys in seats than a load of green!
It makes no sense for Leinster to p1$$ off their core fans to generate additional income that they don’t receive.
+2. 65x2 + service charge paid.
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

It takes longer to process ticket sales with the map. About twice as long apparently. I took what was offered initially but went back in when the map opened and got the ones I really wanted. I was able to put my original tickets up for resale at face value and they went in ten minutes. If you have time and patience it all works.
Colmodon
Knowledgeable

Post by Colmodon »

D4surfer wrote: May 13th, 2022, 10:36 am

It takes longer to process ticket sales with the map. About twice as long apparently. I took what was offered initially but went back in when the map opened and got the ones I really wanted. I was able to put my original tickets up for resale at face value and they went in ten minutes. If you have time and patience it all works.
Yeah I just waited until about 11am and the map was available and I got tickets then. I don't really see the issue. In a stadium that was never going to sell out, if you take the first tickets offered to you I don't think you can justifiably be cranky that you didn't get the ones you really wanted. Just sit tight and let the map open up
chrismcc
Bookworm

Post by chrismcc »

Isn't releasing extra tickets or dropping prices at the discretion of erc so nothing leinster can do about it anyway?
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

chrismcc wrote: May 13th, 2022, 10:43 am Isn't releasing extra tickets or dropping prices at the discretion of erc so nothing leinster can do about it anyway?
Yes it is. Can’t understand people directing ire at Leinster for what we all know is an EPCR event.

Seems that they’ve opened a bunch more seats at the back of the East Upper that hadn’t been on sale until now. They probably should have waited until the South Lower was a bit less empty before doing that but if we were at around 37k this morning or late yesterday then we may be able to get close to 40k for the game itself. That would be good going for a 5 day turnaround.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

D4surfer wrote: May 13th, 2022, 10:36 am

Resale option disabled for me - it does seem random at times
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
bronxbull
Knowledgeable

Post by bronxbull »

So what do we think about the match tomorrow?
Any changes forecasted?

Sent from my CPH2145 using Tapatalk

El Diablo
Mullet

Post by El Diablo »

bronxbull wrote: May 13th, 2022, 11:13 am So what do we think about the match tomorrow?
Any changes forecasted?

Unfortunately Tommy O'Brien did a serious knee injury in training on Tuesday so I asume Frawley or Osborne will come in. I dont think Larmour is fit yet.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

bronxbull wrote: May 13th, 2022, 11:13 am So what do we think about the match tomorrow?
Any changes forecasted?

I think injury permitting we will be looking at the same team and bench as QF.
Tactics? More of the same as the first half with the QRB, and maybe try to bring Lowe into the game more
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Cut the begrudgery about ticket prices.
If you buy a ticket for a certain price you did so because you wanted to go to the match and you were happy to pay the asking price.
Never mind what price anybody else payed. There are many reasons why people wait hoping the price will come down.
for example they want to go to the match but they cant afford the asking price so they wait.....and they hope.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.