Leinster v Toulouse HC SF Sat 14th May 3:00pm

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Re: Leinster v Toulouse HC SF Sat 14th May 3:00pm

Post by Flash Gordon »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: May 10th, 2022, 9:29 pm
Serb wrote: May 10th, 2022, 9:15 pm A little off topic but I do agree that Leinster’s marketing is sub par. I saw this ad for purchasing a season ticket recently and I have to say, I don’t really get it — how would this convince anyone to buy a season ticket?

I actually thought this was pretty good, could do with a greatest contrast in how the two of them look though so that it’s clearer.

Better than the stuff for the Irish women’s football team anyway. “Outbelieve”, what the f%~k does that mean?
There are 2 others for the men's team involving James Lowe and Rhys where the contrast is sharper - the supporters are OLSC fans I believe. Idea is that the supporters and the team are part of the same team, one can't exist without the other from what I can make out.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Scooby Shaggy Swerve
Learner

Post by Scooby Shaggy Swerve »

Looks like upper West Stand will be closed (same as the Munster game)

Either that or it's the only section to be 100% sold out with zero resales.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

carlow man wrote: May 10th, 2022, 8:43 pm Leinster rugby have made a small fortune over the last 10 years. I'm sure they could stretch to putting on a few buses for fans further afield if they wanted to ensure a sold out aviva.
Rugby in general was hammered financially in covid and struggled to survive so there is no big pot of cash. If somebody has an idea regarding buses it might be an idea to raise it with the OLSC, I'd say that's part of their remit. There might be an opportunity to get sponsors to support too, Guinness did a few buses down to Limerick, Cork and Belfast a few years ago.

If anyone has an idea raise it with the OLSC.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Scooby Shaggy Swerve wrote: May 11th, 2022, 10:21 am Looks like upper West Stand will be closed (same as the Munster game)

Either that or it's the only section to be 100% sold out with zero resales.
I guess they release section by section for games they know won’t sell out?

West stand is so much better, so it’s a shame they want to keep the gaps there. But I guess the main cameras are also on that side, so that’s why.
Schumi
Enlightened

Post by Schumi »

There aren't actually that many tickets available looking at ticketmaster. Unless you want to pay for premium or be up in the gods, the South Lower is the only option. If there's only 30,000 sold, there must be a lot of tickets unreleased.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Schumi wrote: May 11th, 2022, 12:34 pm There aren't actually that many tickets available looking at ticketmaster. Unless you want to pay for premium or be up in the gods, the South Lower is the only option. If there's only 30,000 sold, there must be a lot of tickets unreleased.
If they had passed 35k we'd know about it.. maybe we will by cob today
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

Given that it is now Wednesday lunch time, I presume we would have heard by now if anyone was to have been cited from the quarter finals (or maybe I have missed it?). Rory Arnold can count himself lucky for that hit on Zebo. Even if it wasn't late or high, he took him beyond horizontal and landed him on his upper back, then drove his shoulder up into his face. There didn't seem to be too many incidents that were worthy of a citing in the Leicester-Leinster match so maybe no news is good news.
TMC
Knowledgeable

Post by TMC »

Match thread or marketing thread ladies & gents? Maybe argue the toss about the marketing at a later date.

Has anyone heard anything about the guys who shipped knocks and who might/might not make it. Is Sexton good to go? What about Keenan? He'd be a massive loss too. You'd worry a small bit about Byrne too given the opposition if Healy doesn't make it.
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

mildlyinterested wrote: May 11th, 2022, 12:43 pm
Schumi wrote: May 11th, 2022, 12:34 pm There aren't actually that many tickets available looking at ticketmaster. Unless you want to pay for premium or be up in the gods, the South Lower is the only option. If there's only 30,000 sold, there must be a lot of tickets unreleased.
According to the OLSC we were approaching 32k at 5pm yesterday. I’d imagine 90% or more of the tickets that will be bought will have been bought in the first 25 hours or so. Sales will have slowed to a crawl at this stage.

Also worth beating in mind that a bunch of tickets have been returned from Toulouse too. I’d guess they counted the Toulouse tickets within the numbers until returned.

The West Upper will be closed but looks like everywhere else is open. South Lower has a lot of availability. But everywhere else is pretty much full. I think they priced the South Lower badly. The North Stand was €25 but the South Lower is €38. Hopefully over the next few days we can sell a good deal of those. We could be close to 40k if we do that.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

molloyjh wrote: May 11th, 2022, 1:19 pm
According to the OLSC we were approaching 32k at 5pm yesterday. I’d imagine 90% or more of the tickets that will be bought will have been bought in the first 25 hours or so. Sales will have slowed to a crawl at this stage.

Also worth beating in mind that a bunch of tickets have been returned from Toulouse too. I’d guess they counted the Toulouse tickets within the numbers until returned.

The West Upper will be closed but looks like everywhere else is open. South Lower has a lot of availability. But everywhere else is pretty much full. I think they priced the South Lower badly. The North Stand was €25 but the South Lower is €38. Hopefully over the next few days we can sell a good deal of those. We could be close to 40k if we do that.
A host of good seats were released yesterday evening (Toulouse unsold I think). When I went back to buy two at 9am this morning (your time), they were all gone.
I would say it will pass 35k today.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Toulouse fans forum reckon this will be close to starting side:

15. Ramos ; 14. Mallia, 13.Fouyssac, 12.Ahki, 11.Lebel ; 10. Ntamack, 9. Dupont ; 7. Cros , 8 tolo., 6. Elstadt ; 5. Meafou, 4.Ro. Arnold  ; 3. Aldegheri, 2.Marchand (cap.), 1. Baille.

16. Mauvaka, 17. Neti, 18. Ainu'u, 19.Tekori, 20. Jelonch, 21. flamand, 22.Germain ou Page-relo, 23. Holmes.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

joooooe wrote: May 11th, 2022, 12:46 pm Given that it is now Wednesday lunch time, I presume we would have heard by now if anyone was to have been cited from the quarter finals (or maybe I have missed it?). Rory Arnold can count himself lucky for that hit on Zebo. Even if it wasn't late or high, he took him beyond horizontal and landed him on his upper back, then drove his shoulder up into his face. There didn't seem to be too many incidents that were worthy of a citing in the Leicester-Leinster match so maybe no news is good news.
I thought that was a yellow and nothing more. Glad he wasn't cited.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

scrum25 wrote: May 11th, 2022, 9:36 am
Blue Man wrote: May 10th, 2022, 9:40 pm
wixfjord wrote: May 10th, 2022, 8:49 pm

Like it's great throwing out random ideas with no real sense of how an operation like that works. Any auld eejit can do that.

I'm sure LR were planning for a semi final, but until the day & time is confirmed (last Sunday/Monday) then they can't action those plans. So 5 working days before the game.

Munster had three weeks to prepare for the Toulouse game and it was a game they were getting the revenue for and in control of ticketing for. So they both have actual control and a real monetary incentive to up the crowd. They were also forced into some of those moves due to the Sheeran debacle.

This is an EPCR organised game.

LR don't have that same level of incentive and none of the control because they don't get the revenue and don't control the ticketing.
There were way more Leinster fans in Bilbao than Racing and Racing struggle to fill La Defense arena for Rugby I don't think Racing is a good comparison.

We could learn a lot from Toulouse Clermont and La Rochelle

Racing organized 80 coaches to Bilbao, they weren’t full financially incentivized to do so but were sufficiently evolved in their thinking and marketing to know it made sense. Take a look at La Defense on match day if you want to see the potential for an ambitious rugby club. So much unrealized commercial potential for Leinster Rugby and some of the limited thinking here sadly reflects a complete lack of ambition.
La Defence is my idea of the Third Circle of Hell.
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

the spoofer wrote: May 11th, 2022, 2:52 pm
joooooe wrote: May 11th, 2022, 12:46 pm Given that it is now Wednesday lunch time, I presume we would have heard by now if anyone was to have been cited from the quarter finals (or maybe I have missed it?). Rory Arnold can count himself lucky for that hit on Zebo. Even if it wasn't late or high, he took him beyond horizontal and landed him on his upper back, then drove his shoulder up into his face. There didn't seem to be too many incidents that were worthy of a citing in the Leicester-Leinster match so maybe no news is good news.
I thought that was a yellow and nothing more. Glad he wasn't cited.
The only citing from the weekend is against Agustin Creevy of London Irish for allegedly pulling the hair of Toulon's Eben Etzebeth.
Scooby Shaggy Swerve
Learner

Post by Scooby Shaggy Swerve »

curates_egg wrote: May 11th, 2022, 1:59 pm

A host of good seats were released yesterday evening (Toulouse unsold I think). When I went back to buy two at 9am this morning (your time), they were all gone.
Good chunk of excellent seats together now available in sections 123 (block of 50 ) and 124 (17 seats together) (lower West, towards halfway)

Obviously more returns.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Scooby Shaggy Swerve wrote: May 11th, 2022, 4:50 pm

Good chunk of excellent seats together now available in sections 123 (block of 50 ) and 124 (17 seats together) (lower West, towards halfway)

Obviously more returns.
Maybe?
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Fiona Hayes has mentioned in two podcasts now that she has heard James Ryan is injured.

Haven't heard anything else on that, and he was training fine on Mon, so hopefully it's nonsense.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Scooby Shaggy Swerve wrote: May 11th, 2022, 4:50 pm

Obviously more returns.
JFC. I had two in my basket, beside where my other three are and where I was looking for seats for my dad and they were gone when I went to checkout.
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

Looks like almost the entire lower level in the South stand are unsold?