Leinster v Toulouse HC SF Sat 14th May 3:00pm

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Serb
Mullet

Re: Leinster v Toulouse HC SF Sat 14th May 3:00pm

Post by Serb »

ronk wrote:
LeinsterLeader wrote: May 9th, 2022, 3:26 pm One of his hands is okay. Sure that'd be enough

Might be hard to play with his hand in a boot though.
Maybe we can get Doris to wear boots on his hands so all those knock ons can be classed as kicks?
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

the spoofer wrote:That Munster bell-end barrister is having a go at IRFU for promoting the sale of tickets that IRFU benefit from.
Don't think the IRFU benefit (unless both semi finalists get a share). But the team benefit by having a large crowd

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

The Doc wrote: May 9th, 2022, 4:07 pm
the spoofer wrote:That Munster bell-end barrister is having a go at IRFU for promoting the sale of tickets that IRFU benefit from.
Don't think the IRFU benefit (unless both semi finalists get a share). But the team benefit by having a large crowd

Do the IRFU not benefit as the stadium owners?
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Serb wrote: May 9th, 2022, 4:03 pm
ronk wrote:
LeinsterLeader wrote: May 9th, 2022, 3:26 pm One of his hands is okay. Sure that'd be enough

Might be hard to play with his hand in a boot though.
Maybe we can get Doris to wear boots on his hands so all those knock ons can be classed as kicks?
:lol:
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

SOB had similar handling issues early in his career, hopefully he has some advice for Doris on how to sort it.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

D4surfer wrote: May 9th, 2022, 4:15 pm

I think, now I could be wrong, but Leinster need to clear 30,000 tickets before they start making money when they play in the Aviva. So that's basically the rent for the stadium for the day. Imagine they would charge the EPRC the same, still likely to be their biggest payday of the semis, EPRC that is.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

D4surfer wrote:

They get the stadium fee but not the ticket sales afaik

I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

the spoofer wrote: May 9th, 2022, 3:51 pm That Munster bell-end barrister is having a go at IRFU for promoting the sale of tickets that IRFU benefit from.
And where will most of that IRFU money go?
Propping up oul munster.
TBF though Munster wont be selling any tickets this weekend.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

M O'Buachalla tweeted that it's in their interest.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Interesting that there are 30K tickets sold for the URC game v Munster. That's some achievement for a dead rubber for us. I know 10K of those are season tickets but still.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Semi finals and finals are run by the EPCR (of which the IRFU is part owner) and they take the gate receipts. Getting to this stage of the competition earns extra prize money for the teams Union.

Quarter finals are run by the home team, the IRFU has traditionally allowed the particpating teams keep their share of those receipts - under the ERC these were spilit 50-50 with the away side unless the home team agreed to move the match to a stadium with greater capacity in which case they could keep 60% of the gate receipts (with the proviso that the other team would still get at least what they would have gotten had the game not been moved) - I don't know if this is still the case. When we played Cardiff in the quarters a couple of years ago under the ERC there was a possiblity that Cardiff would have been the home side with one round of pool games remaining and there was talk that they would move the game to the Aviva as the Cardiff City Stadium and the Milstad would have been unavailable on Quarter final weekend - as it happens we finished the higher seed
I have Bumbleflex
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

So how can we make the semi's about Munster........?

Ah this is funny though :lol:

LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

LeinsterLeader wrote: May 9th, 2022, 4:45 pm So how can we make the semi's about Munster........?

Ah this is funny though :lol:

I was just thinking similar, our semi final will help fund more South Africans for them!
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Dave Cahill wrote: May 9th, 2022, 4:40 pm Semi finals and finals are run by the EPCR (of which the IRFU is part owner) and they take the gate receipts. Getting to this stage of the competition earns extra prize money for the teams Union.

Quarter finals are run by the home team, the IRFU has traditionally allowed the particpating teams keep their share of those receipts - under the ERC these were spilit 50-50 with the away side unless the home team agreed to move the match to a stadium with greater capacity in which case they could keep 60% of the gate receipts (with the proviso that the other team would still get at least what they would have gotten had the game not been moved) - I don't know if this is still the case. When we played Cardiff in the quarters a couple of years ago under the ERC there was a possiblity that Cardiff would have been the home side with one round of pool games remaining and there was talk that they would move the game to the Aviva as the Cardiff City Stadium and the Milstad would have been unavailable on Quarter final weekend - as it happens we finished the higher seed
Thanks Dave. That clarifies matters.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Also good to see Will Connors in the training photos even if he wasn't training.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

the spoofer wrote: May 9th, 2022, 3:51 pm That Munster bell-end barrister is having a go at IRFU for promoting the sale of tickets that IRFU benefit from.
Not doing enough to support Munster......*cough Thomond*
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
TMC
Knowledgeable

Post by TMC »

mildlyinterested wrote: May 9th, 2022, 3:45 pm Karl Dickson will referee Leinster v Toulouse in Saturday’s Heineken Champions Cup semi-final.
At least playing a French team we were guaranteed to be saved more of M Raynal. Find him a hugely frustrating referee.
Think its a waste of Luke Pearce's talents having him run the line in the other semi final.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: May 9th, 2022, 4:22 pm SOB had similar handling issues early in his career, hopefully he has some advice for Doris on how to sort it.
A pretty obvious starting point would be understanding his own offloading ability and attempting them within that boundary. In every game, he tries at least one that’s never even remotely on.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

25k tickets sold. :clap:
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

I'm not saying I'm a conspiracy theorist, but every photo of Hugo Keenan in training today is carefully selected to not show his left hand.

Coincidence?