Stormers v Leinster Sat 30 Apr KO 5:15pm RTE 2

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Re: Stormers v Leinster Sat 30 Apr KO 5:15pm RTE 2

Post by the spoofer »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: April 29th, 2022, 1:55 pm
Barry wrote: April 29th, 2022, 1:36 pm Match day 23 have 37 international caps between them (of which 27 are Ruddocks).

The 23 that played connaught in the Aviva had 604.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
That number really is too low for Rhys, should have closer to double that IMO.
Could not agree more. Criminally neglected and I really don't know why.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

wixfjord wrote: April 29th, 2022, 1:35 pm
Flash Gordon wrote: April 29th, 2022, 1:33 pm I'm happy to see Frawley at 10, the lad has earned the chance but I fear he's going to be sat behind a back peddling pack. I'd actually fear for the pack and particularly the front row against this opposition. Coming up against the likes of steven kitshoff is not a learning opportunity it has the potential for someone to get seriously injured. I think we'll be playing this game with 14 or even 13 men at times. Pity, that's an interesting backline!
Clarkson will have scrummaged against Porter & Healy plenty of times. It's a massive ask with a light second row behind him and a rookie hooker beside him though.
Neither of who are huge destructive scrummagers
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

While we always suit ourselves at the end of the season with selection, having earned that right, I do believe that Munster's experience in SA guided some of the decisions including returning home early for some. They may be right.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ ... ns-omicron
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

mildlyinterested wrote: April 29th, 2022, 2:19 pm
Flash Gordon wrote: April 29th, 2022, 1:33 pm I'm happy to see Frawley at 10, the lad has earned the chance but I fear he's going to be sat behind a back peddling pack. I'd actually fear for the pack and particularly the front row against this opposition. Coming up against the likes of steven kitshoff is not a learning opportunity it has the potential for someone to get seriously injured. I think we'll be playing this game with 14 or even 13 men at times. Pity, that's an interesting backline!
Clarkson will have scrummaged against Porter & Healy plenty of times. It's a massive ask with a light second row behind him and a rookie hooker beside him though.
They're no Jack Boyle I agree.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

wixfjord wrote: April 29th, 2022, 2:27 pm
mildlyinterested wrote: April 29th, 2022, 2:19 pm

They're no Jack Boyle I agree.
who mentioned Jack Boyle?
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

If Clarkson does well I'd love to see him make the trip to NZ. I could easily see him having a shot at the World Cup squad considering the lack of competition at TH.
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

The scrum is the worry. The bench front row especially. I quite like the 10, 12, 13 combo.

The Stormers play in fits and starts, so just need to hang in there if they're having a purple patch.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

johng wrote: April 29th, 2022, 12:08 pm I'm hiding near the half way line. It's an opportunity for them all. No real way we can lose. We are expecting a hiding so a tbp or an LBP or even denying them 4 tries will be a big result. Anything less will be "good experience" for the boys
Points difference could come into it. I would have said we were out of sight until I saw the team.

They might need to go into damage limitation mode if it goes really pear shaped.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

fourthirtythree wrote: April 29th, 2022, 2:21 pm While we always suit ourselves at the end of the season with selection, having earned that right, I do believe that Munster's experience in SA guided some of the decisions including returning home early for some. They may be right.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ ... ns-omicron
I'd say that's a pretty huge consideration and a major factor in the squad selection and logistics. The whole situation is just too unpredictable.
Dont Panic!
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Experimenting in both halfback positions, 3 academy players starting outside them. 3 academy players in the pack. Toughest fixture against a team motivates to rack up a big score, both for the table and to prove a point.

This could get ugly fast.
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Match Preview

It's a top of the table clash as first-placed Leinster take on second-placed Stormers with just two games to go. Leinster lead by nine points and need two more points to be assured of 1st place in table and home advantage throughout the knock-out stages. But it will be tough against a Stormers side who are eyeing up a late run for top place themselves.

Read more...
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

limecat wrote: April 29th, 2022, 7:11 pm Match Preview

It's a top of the table clash as first-placed Leinster take on second-placed Stormers with just two games to go. Leinster lead by nine points and need two more points to be assured of 1st place in table and home advantage throughout the knock-out stages. But it will be tough against a Stormers side who are eyeing up a late run for top place themselves.

Read more...
Quality, and totally justifiable, rant about SA TMO behaviour. :happy clapper:
Dont Panic!
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

My favourite bit of Jonkers shithousery was after missing the foot in touch the ref thinks he sees a forward pass so he agrees. Yes I was just about to suggest we look at that. Like hell he was.

But it was a close run thing with his excitement pointing out the high tackle was during advantage. It wasn't wrong, it was the reaction of a fan (or a players Da) doing TMO.
Last edited by ronk on April 29th, 2022, 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blue Man
Enlightened

Post by Blue Man »

Worried about this one, it’s a third string side, I expect a defeat but <20 points would be a decent outcome in terms of league position
leinsterlover73
Beginner

Post by leinsterlover73 »

Good Morning gentlemen.
I have a question with regards to looking at the game today and all of the games up to the final.I live in Denmark and would be obliged if anyone could advise me as to what subscription is best to watch the matches.I see that rugbypass is getting very bad reviews online but just noticed that URC TV have a subsciption.Is it a good site for live viewing and is it better to use a VPN to signify that you are in Ireland or is it better just to be straight up and let them know where I actually am.Are there any other expats living abroad on here that want to watch Leinster play and know a way around this.Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

leinsterlover73 wrote: April 30th, 2022, 11:01 am Good Morning gentlemen.
I have a question with regards to looking at the game today and all of the games up to the final.I live in Denmark and would be obliged if anyone could advise me as to what subscription is best to watch the matches.I see that rugbypass is getting very bad reviews online but just noticed that URC TV have a subsciption.Is it a good site for live viewing and is it better to use a VPN to signify that you are in Ireland or is it better just to be straight up and let them know where I actually am.Are there any other expats living abroad on here that want to watch Leinster play and know a way around this.Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
I have Premier sports which I find very good value for money. Its a UK based platform but I watch from the Middle East and Ireland through a VPN with no problems.
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Being in Germany - i.e. just down the road from your good self in Schleswig-Holstein - for large parts of the year I took out the URC subscription at the start of the season and am very happy with it. There were a few hiccups at the start, where I ended up getting in touch with them via email and I found them most helpful and cordial. After being played, the match recordings go into an archive, so one can watch them back at one's leisure, which is great too. It being so late in the season, you might be better off paying for the individual matches that interest you. Either that or try viprow.me, which will usually does the trick but not always.

p.s. People in Denmark don't need VPN to access urc.tv. No one has the rights to URC in Denmark, so access is unproblematic and direct.
leinsterlover73
Beginner

outcast eddie wrote: April 30th, 2022, 11:34 am
I have Premier sports which I find very good value for money. Its a UK based platform but I watch from the Middle East and Ireland through a VPN with no problems.
Thanks Eddie I will look into it straight away.
leinsterlover73
Beginner

riocard911 wrote: April 30th, 2022, 11:44 am
Being in Germany - i.e. just down the road from your good self in Schleswig-Holstein - for large parts of the year I took out the URC subscription at the start of the season and am very happy with it. There were a few hiccups at the start, where I ended up getting in touch with them via email and I found them most helpful and cordial. After being played, the match recordings go into an archive, so one can watch them back at one's leisure, which is great too. It being so late in the season, you might be better off paying for the individual matches that interest you. Either that or try viprow.me, which will usually does the trick but not always.

p.s. People in Denmark don't need VPN to access urc.tv. No one has the rights to URC in Denmark, so access is unproblematic and direct.
Thanks Riocard will look in to this now.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Dave Cahill wrote: April 29th, 2022, 12:01 pm Leinster Rugby team to face DHL Stormers (appearances in brackets):

15. Max O’Reilly (8) - A
14. Adam Byrne (64)
13. Jamie Osborne (17) - A
12. Rory O’Loughlin (95) - OORP [No13]
11. Rob Russell (3) - A
10. Ciarán Frawley (51) - OORP [No12]
9. Cormac Foley (3) -A

1. Ed Byrne (83)
2. John McKee (1) - A
3. Thomas Clarkson (16)
4. Brian Deeny (1) - A
5. Josh Murphy (59) - OORP [No6]
6. Alex Soroka (3) - A
7. Scott Penny (39)
8. Rhys Ruddock (205) CAPTAIN - OORP [No6]

Replacements:

16. Lee Barron (1) - A
17. Michael Milne (16)
18. Vakh Abdaladze (16)
19. Jack Dunne (19)
20. Seán O’Brien (2) - A
21. Nick McCarthy (46)
22. Harry Byrne (33)
23. Martin Moloney (6) - A
Seven academy [A] players and four players playing out of regular position [OORP] in the starting XV. There's a lot that can go wrong!