Stormers v Leinster Sat 30 Apr KO 5:15pm RTE 2

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Re: Stormers v Leinster Sat 30 Apr KO 5:15pm RTE 2

Post by wixfjord »

Good to see gametime spread around a bit. I think pretty much everyone in the squad bar those injured will get time?

I don't see that team taking much from this game but should be great experience for a few guys.

Good to see MOR back in action.

Slightly surprising to see Harry on the bench, he wasn't great last week, but i wonder is this partly down to wanting Frawley to get time at 10 in prep for benching next week?
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

I'm hiding near the half way line. It's an opportunity for them all. No real way we can lose. We are expecting a hiding so a tbp or an LBP or even denying them 4 tries will be a big result. Anything less will be "good experience" for the boys
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Well they had a look at Harry at 10 last week and decided to play Frawley this one...
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

I'm expecting us to get a Mala-hidin' and a Dona-batein' from this one :D

All good experience though.

If Frawley can pull something out of the bag in this match, never mind considering him replacing Harry, we should be considering him replacing Johnny :lol:
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

OTT wrote: April 29th, 2022, 12:03 pm :shock:

I’m hiding behind the couch for this one!
It's going to be crowded in that vantage point!
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Number of caps for the starting 15 vs Sharks = 732, compared to vs Stormers = 648. I expected the difference to be greater, but there you go. COYBIB!!!!!
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Ruckedtobits wrote: April 29th, 2022, 12:16 pm
OTT wrote: April 29th, 2022, 12:03 pm :shock:

I’m hiding behind the couch for this one!
It's going to be crowded in that vantage point!
As long as I'm not watching between my fingers and they give me some hope, I'm happy out!
brotheroffrank
Knowledgeable

Post by brotheroffrank »

9 of that squad played for Leinster "A" in the match against Connacht Eagles a year ago....they didn't get the win, but they did score 5 tries....it will be interesting to see their progress...
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

riocard911 wrote: April 29th, 2022, 12:18 pm Number of caps for the starting 15 vs Sharks = 732, compared to vs Stormers = 648. I expected the difference to be greater, but there you go. COYBIB!!!!!
Half of that is Rhys and Rory O'Loughlin. Adam and Ed Byrne aren't rookies, neither is Josh Murphy. That's it. Bench full of rookies too. It's a pretty callow selection.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

A real "Michael Cheika selection away to the Dragons" vibe about that 23.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

LeinsterLeader wrote: April 29th, 2022, 12:15 pm I'm expecting us to get a Mala-hidin' and a Dona-batein' from this one :D

All good experience though.

If Frawley can pull something out of the bag in this match, never mind considering him replacing Harry, we should be considering him replacing Johnny :lol:
I want Frawley to pull the "not get injured or concussed" something out of the bag this weekend.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

fourthirtythree wrote: April 29th, 2022, 12:08 pm Well they had a look at Harry at 10 last week and decided to play Frawley this one...
I wouldn’t be so sure, I assumed that Harry was carrying an injury which is why he went off early and Frawley was kicking.

Huge opportunity for Frawley though, showing that he can do well at ten in that team on top of being in really good form at 12 would be huge for his future prospects.

I’m pretty excited about seeing this team play but not as optimistic as I was last week. Really interested to see how Foley goes. I think he’s improved quite a bit and even though he ran into trouble a few times last week I think he seemed quite calm on the ball whereas last year he’d have flung the ball away after a snipe went wrong.

Hopefully Josh Murphy’s selection bodes well for Baird’s recover. Can’t wait to see Soroka play as well, really do expect big things from him.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

As one of the passengers on the Harry Byrne hype-train, I'm more than a little frustrated how Ross's younger sibling's playing career has progressed or rather not progressed since he had to cry off his first Heino start vs Northampton January twelve months ago after occurring an injury in the warm-up. That said, I think Ciaran Frawley has been playing so well this season, that he deserves a run-out at 10 to see just how good he is in that position - and the best of luck to him!!!
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

In fairness to Harry Byrne, has there ever been a player that's been hyped up so much on so very little evidence and then torn down even quicker on even less evidence?
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Slightly surprised not to see TOB there actually. I can't see him making the 23 next week, but likely he'll play a part in rest of the season so maybe rested.

Hopefully Deegan's knock isn't too serious.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

I'm happy to see Frawley at 10, the lad has earned the chance but I fear he's going to be sat behind a back peddling pack. I'd actually fear for the pack and particularly the front row against this opposition. Coming up against the likes of steven kitshoff is not a learning opportunity it has the potential for someone to get seriously injured. I think we'll be playing this game with 14 or even 13 men at times. Pity, that's an interesting backline!
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Flash Gordon wrote: April 29th, 2022, 1:33 pm I'm happy to see Frawley at 10, the lad has earned the chance but I fear he's going to be sat behind a back peddling pack. I'd actually fear for the pack and particularly the front row against this opposition. Coming up against the likes of steven kitshoff is not a learning opportunity it has the potential for someone to get seriously injured. I think we'll be playing this game with 14 or even 13 men at times. Pity, that's an interesting backline!
Clarkson will have scrummaged against Porter & Healy plenty of times. It's a massive ask with a light second row behind him and a rookie hooker beside him though.
Barry
Enlightened

Post by Barry »

Match day 23 have 37 international caps between them (of which 27 are Ruddocks).

The 23 that played connaught in the Aviva had 604.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Barry wrote: April 29th, 2022, 1:36 pm Match day 23 have 37 international caps between them (of which 27 are Ruddocks).

The 23 that played connaught in the Aviva had 604.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
That number really is too low for Rhys, should have closer to double that IMO.
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

by cormac

A real "Michael Cheika selection away to the Dragons" vibe about that 23.
I remember that game. Rhys even as a rookie stood out back then.