Sharks v Leinster Sat 5.15pm TG4

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Sharks v Leinster Sat 5.15pm TG4

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Impressed with how we improved the scrum in the last quarter. We got the ball back to the 8 much quicker and got it away asap.

That’s a really frustrating loss though. We made errors in the first half but I thought the officials really killed us in the second. Sure the Sharks were more powerful but I still think they had a big say in the outcome.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Harry was again pretty mute. Made a few errors and not much else to write home about.

Thought Dunne, TOB, Frawley and McKee were all good.
Schumi
Enlightened

Post by Schumi »

Dave Cahill wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 7:11 pm Exceptional performance by a young and callow team against a very loaded Sharks side. With better discipline and perhaps a different kicking strategy we might have taken that one. Still, one point down, two to go
Unless we get absolutely battered next week, one point will get us first place. Our point difference is 126 better than Stormers.
propertymad
Graduate

Post by propertymad »

Both scrum halves were poor I think

The box kick from McCarthy that didn't go 10 and led to their try was criminal .... we had them in the backs and we should have gotten the ball wider in the second half

Same with foleys decision making at the end .... Gibson park or McGrath would have gotten that ball wide
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 7:15 pm Impressed with how we improved the scrum in the last quarter. We got the ball back to the 8 much quicker and got it away asap.

That’s a really frustrating loss though. We made errors in the first half but I thought the officials really killed us in the second. Sure the Sharks were more powerful but I still think they had a big say in the outcome.
mmm. Strangely coincided with subbing off of their LH :)
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Was it just me or did they seem to be making linebreaks at their leisure? I have to say the acceleration through the line from their 10 and their back 3 was impressive to say the least…
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

propertymad wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 7:21 pm Both scrum halves were poor I think

The box kick from McCarthy that didn't go 10 and led to their try was criminal .... we had them in the backs and we should have gotten the ball wider in the second half

Same with foleys decision making at the end .... Gibson park or McGrath would have gotten that ball wide
Not sure they would have. It was frustrating not to go wide when we had advantage though, particularly when Hawkshaw ran himself.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 7:23 pm Was it just me or did they seem to be making linebreaks at their leisure? I have to say the acceleration through the line from their 10 and their back 3 was impressive to say the least…
Yes but was as a result of our kicks being too long…gave them a chance to get going
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 7:23 pm Was it just me or did they seem to be making linebreaks at their leisure? I have to say the acceleration through the line from their 10 and their back 3 was impressive to say the least…
Yet we still kept kicking long and allowing them to run it back.

We finished strongly but I thought we looked tired very early on, a lot of hands on hips even in the first ten minutes.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

propertymad wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 7:21 pm Both scrum halves were poor I think

Yeah, but the cost of that loss is worth it for the experience they’ll get from it. I don’t think you can coach decision making at scrum half, that has to be learned in the pitch and often in the crucible of defeat…
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Looking more and more likely that there may well be 2 QF s in SA … Hopefully URC. Will appoint strong referees and neutral TMO’s for those games
Hoofhearted
Bookworm

Post by Hoofhearted »

Frawley is a very impressive player. He is one of those guys that always seems to have time. Good to see Harry B back at it. Not an easy day behind a beaten pack, but it will stand to him and hopefully we will see him come good on the hype. I'd love to see him get a run of 5 or 6 games.
Experimental
Knowledgeable

Post by Experimental »

I dont think we can blame the ref too much for that loss. The Sharks did everything they could to hand it to us, but our forwards got greedy at the end, we could so easily have won. Ruddock TOB and Frawley were outstanding, but some bad perfomances aswell, one that got away, good thing for us we can afford the loss. Id definately have taken a losing bp before the game. Decent showing from the school kids.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

SA TMOs are as biased as an Irish mammy.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Btw, I loved seeing Dunne monstering grobbeler near the end cause grobbeler was an absolute b*%&!x during the game.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

the spoofer wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 7:47 pm Btw, I loved seeing Dunne monstering grobbeler near the end cause grobbeler was an absolute b*%&!x during the game.
The more I see Dunne the bigger a mystery it is that he wasn’t selected more often.

I still think he could make a bigger impact considering his size but his work rate is absolutely top class and he’s really solid and reliable in a position where we’ve been short enough to even move a back rower to fill the gap.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Experimental wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 7:44 pm I dont think we can blame the ref too much for that loss. The Sharks did everything they could to hand it to us, but our forwards got greedy at the end, we could so easily have won. Ruddock TOB and Frawley were outstanding, but some bad perfomances aswell, one that got away, good thing for us we can afford the loss. Id definately have taken a losing bp before the game. Decent showing from the school kids.
No , but I DO blame him for allowing himself to be ‘bullied’ on more than one occasion by Junkers
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

The instant yellow for Josh Murphy for minor and innocuous contact in the air in the line-out was a farce. Very home-biased ref.

Overall, a good performance from a young and callow team. Big games from Rhys, Penny, Frawley and Osborne. Dunne and Josh Murphy battled gamely. McKee and Barron held up well at hooker as well.

As were were hammering away at the line at the end of the game with a series of pick-and-goes, I was pretty certain they were going to get held up and then it would be game over...and so it happened.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

neiliog93 wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 8:36 pm The instant yellow for Josh Murphy for minor and innocuous contact in the air in the line-out was a farce. Very home-biased ref.

It wasn't though. We were on a warning and it was a blatant penalty.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

neiliog93 wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 8:36 pm The instant yellow for Josh Murphy for minor and innocuous contact in the air in the line-out was a farce. Very home-biased ref.
Nailed on stone bonker yellow.
I have Bumbleflex