Sharks v Leinster Sat 5.15pm TG4

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Re: Sharks v Leinster Sat 5.15pm TG4

Post by Xanthippe »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: April 24th, 2022, 11:03 am I only thought of this the morning but shouldn’t it really have been a penalty try for us at the end? The no arms tackle was the only thing stopping the try.

I really think the narrative of us being plucky underdogs who gave it a good shot would be very different if that decision had been given even though the performance would have been the same. We had a pretty strong side out and the refereeing contributed to our issues in the scrum and maul, the yellows were harsh on us based on not actually infringing all that much, and it was ridiculous that the ref didn’t card them just after he’d given a warning. It was a tough game and a good contest but I think we deserved to win.

It’s not in Leo to complain about Referee/TMO after the game but this really need to be referred to the citing officer
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

No question that's a penalty try. So that's Ulster & Leinster who have been screwed by a SA TMO in this championship.

I hope that Tappe Henning can shed his 'Boks heritage to criticise this decision. If not Owen Doyle should devote an entire page of the IT to this lunacy.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

the spoofer wrote: April 24th, 2022, 3:47 pm Just by the way but the penalty against Deegan for a no arms tackle was proper mental decision.
Yeah completely wrong. I don't think the ref had a bad game at all, there'll always be mistakes. Jonker however... say no more.
Thinking back on it today, we really should have scored at the end. Maybe we wouldn't have deserved it overall but we normally would get the try from that position.
Dont Panic!
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Felt for Deegan with that one because he’d had a rough start with the knock ons. He makes errors like that but I’d love to see him handle the ball out wide more often, his passing really is a great skill but I can’t remember him doing it much since well before his injury which is a very long time now.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

The amount of moaning on here, it feels like MunsterFans after a semi-final defeat, "we woz robd"! :roll:
During the 2nd half when the Sharks were mauling towards our line and almost over for a try the TMO intervened, stopped the play, and called a neck-roll against one of the Sharks. Certain(almost) try halted. Ref was none the wiser.

The foot in touch one was just a bad call and had no bearing on the outcome of the game.

Nearly 22K at the game, URC record! We might just have a league after all.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Very enjoyable game and as many have many have stated, that far exceeded my expectations but at the end, it was a bit disappointing not to convert the goal line possession to a win which would have been a phenomenal result.

Watching the game, it really struck me that having the Saffer teams in the league is a big advantage for us. Yes the commercial appeal is there but we were really run through the mill at scrum and maul time, those tests and experience are what you want so we don't show up against Saracens or La Rochelle completely physically unprepared.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

I don’t think we wuz robd at all, that pick and go was always going to be held up and it shoulda been spun wide a couple of picks before. But it’s definitely right to compare the no-arm tackle call against Max D at the start of the gam to the head torpedo on Big Mike at the end. The first looked like a grand tackle to me, the second looked like at least a yellow card for dangerous play
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Flash Gordon wrote: April 25th, 2022, 9:59 am Very enjoyable game and as many have many have stated, that far exceeded my expectations but at the end, it was a bit disappointing not to convert the goal line possession to a win which would have been a phenomenal result.

Watching the game, it really struck me that having the Saffer teams in the league is a big advantage for us. Yes the commercial appeal is there but we were really run through the mill at scrum and maul time, those tests and experience are what you want so we don't show up against Saracens or La Rochelle completely physically unprepared.
And this too ☝️
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: April 25th, 2022, 10:01 am I don’t think we wuz robd at all, that pick and go was always going to be held up and it shoulda been spun wide a couple of picks before. But it’s definitely right to compare the no-arm tackle call against Max D at the start of the gam to the head torpedo on Big Mike at the end. The first looked like a grand tackle to me, the second looked like at least a yellow card for dangerous play
This. There were back screaming out for the ball, Osborne was crying out for it, if it was offered up to him I reckon he would have been in. Ah sure, "if ifs and buts were candies and nuts"
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

It would have been one of the worst cases of burglary on live telly if we had nicked it at the end. Which we should have done. That was always going to be held up and there is no way if the ref couldn't see it a camera angle was going to suddenly part the bodies.

Should have given it to the backs, they were a player short. Just like Sharks have themselves to blame for not being out of sight, it's our fault we didn't commit daylight robbery. Good game and I was satisfied with the result given the pummeling we were taking.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: April 25th, 2022, 10:01 am I don’t think we wuz robd at all, that pick and go was always going to be held up and it shoulda been spun wide a couple of picks before. But it’s definitely right to compare the no-arm tackle call against Max D at the start of the gam to the head torpedo on Big Mike at the end. The first looked like a grand tackle to me, the second looked like at least a yellow card for dangerous play
I'm not having a go at the ref, he only saw it once but I thought the call on Max was daft even live.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

I thought we probably didn't have a great alignment of the backs at the end. A bit flat for being able to get wide.

They'd been offside a lot and it did make some sense to keep pushing them there and go wide on advantage. But those are the breaks.

You get used to the cool head and ruthlessness of Sexton and our starting scrumhalves. Hopefully they learn to take the easy points.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Blue Man wrote: April 24th, 2022, 6:41 pm
the spoofer wrote: April 24th, 2022, 3:47 pm Just by the way but the penalty against Deegan for a no arms tackle was proper mental decision.
I remember that, it was a terrible call! A few went our way too, there were a couple of scrums where they seemed to be straight and going forward but we were awarded a penalty.
The one for offside against the SH on our feed was correct.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

paddyor wrote: April 25th, 2022, 3:00 pm
I remember that, it was a terrible call! A few went our way too, there were a couple of scrums where they seemed to be straight and going forward but we were awarded a penalty.
I mean if he hadn't been way behind our number 8 when the ball was in the middle of the scrum the ref mightn't have bothered but that guy made some really dumb choices on Saturday. That was so stupid it was funny.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

fourthirtythree wrote: April 25th, 2022, 3:13 pm
paddyor wrote: April 25th, 2022, 3:00 pm

I mean if he hadn't been way behind our number 8 when the ball was in the middle of the scrum the ref mightn't have bothered but that guy made some really dumb choices on Saturday. That was so stupid it was funny.
Players get away with that. There was a lot happening and he prevented the ball coming out of the scrum. The prize was winning a penalty and moving towards a yellow card in the scrums.