Sharks v Leinster Sat 5.15pm TG4

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

riocard911
Shane Jennings

Re: Sharks v Leinster Sat 5.15pm TG4

Post by riocard911 »

RoboProp wrote: April 22nd, 2022, 3:45 pm
ronk wrote: April 22nd, 2022, 3:20 pm He saved a pregnant woman from drowning about a week ago. Why do we only want to talk about the negative things.
And it was being on the gas that gave him the necessary strength needed to lift the pregnant lady to safety, so yay steroids? :wink:
All a question of perspective, I guess! :wink:
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Peg Leg wrote: April 22nd, 2022, 12:06 pm Moloney, Soroka & Murphy on the bench is a lot of BOSH!

Congrats to Deeny & McKee! Excited to see what Clarkson can do in that pack.
Agree with the congrats to the two youngsters but the idea that Moloney, Soroka or Murphy constitute BOSH in Durban is somewhat of a joke. I hope all our pack have been convinced by Leocaster that tempo is their friend and BOSH is definitely to be avoided, on both sides of the ball.

In that regard, all the indications I've heard are wet ball, wet pitch so Edinburgh tactics from a couple of weeks ago would suit fine
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Theleinsterlad wrote: April 22nd, 2022, 3:18 pm
Dave Cahill wrote: April 22nd, 2022, 3:13 pm
Twist wrote: April 22nd, 2022, 1:47 pm Yep, he was the subject of some - lets be kind about this - 'intense scrutiny' from OTB.

Grobler served a doping ban from 2014-2016 and Ger and the boys decided it was up to them to get justice.
Thats not really accurate - the entire Irish media corps went in heavy on Munster, not Grobler, because of the way they managed the signing. Munster announced the signing either the morning of, or the morning after, the defeat to Japan when the entire rugby media corps was 20k miles away and had other things to be paying attention to - then when attention did turn back on them they gave it the old "this is old news, we announced it ages ago, we have nothing else to add".
It’s not often that I defend the media but in this case they were right. In my eyes it was still a ludicrous decision to allow the signing of a known cheat and doper and brought the irish game into an uncomfortable eye while he was here.
+1

Normally the rugby media, and OTB in particular, are falling over themselves in sycophantic praise/defence of Munster.
I seem to remember Mr anti-doping himself doing an article on it.

The alleged reality, though, is that many South African players are alleged to be juicing until they turn pro, and the union is alleged to be well aware, and turn a blind eye, allegedly.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

You know that the word allegedly offers no protection whatsoever?
I have Bumbleflex
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Ulster & Glasgow losses means a win tomorrow (or any win in the next three) would cement our place at the top of the table.

We would be on 64 at least, most Ulster/Munster can get is 61 and most Glasgow can get is 60. Stormers can get 62.
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

curates_egg wrote: April 22nd, 2022, 8:41 pm+1

Normally the rugby media, and OTB in particular, are falling over themselves in sycophantic praise/defence of Munster.
I seem to remember Mr anti-doping himself doing an article on it.

The alleged reality, though, is that many South African players are alleged to be juicing until they turn pro, and the union is alleged to be well aware, and turn a blind eye, allegedly.
If you think it doesn't happen in any country where pro rugby is an appealing prospect then you're quite foolish.
It's not a SA only problem. It's a being bigger and stronger really helps in rugby and to what extent can it be gotten away with problem.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

wixfjord wrote: April 22nd, 2022, 9:20 pm Ulster & Glasgow losses means a win tomorrow (or any win in the next three) would cement our place at the top of the table.

We would be on 64 at least, most Ulster/Munster can get is 61 and most Glasgow can get is 60. Stormers can get 62.
Some goin by the Stormers, have us at home and scarlets away. 2 very possible wins.
Sharks can still get 61 btw
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Theleinsterlad wrote:
ronk wrote: April 22nd, 2022, 3:20 pm He saved a pregnant woman from drowning about a week ago. Why do we only want to talk about the negative things.
You misunderstood my text, he has done his time and fair play to him for saving that woman, my issue is with the people in the Irfu and Munster rugby who thought it would be a good idea to sign a known doper.
He had done his time when they signed him too
KevOB73

Post by KevOB73 »

What’s the story with Paddy McCarthy? I thought he’d be on this tour. Is he injured?
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

limecat wrote: April 22nd, 2022, 3:07 pm Match Preview

It's the commentator's nightmare Leicester v Leinster in the Champions Cup quarter-final!

But before then there's a two week tour of South Africa in which most of Leinster's front-liners won't be involved. Leading the URC table by ten points with just three games to go Leinster seem confident enough they can keep top spot despite effectively conceding the two next games with the squad they've picked.

Read more...
Gear preview, well researched.

I hadn't noticed that Thomas du Toit was a Munster player who they let slip through their fingers. A 21 stone 26 year old with 13 SA caps and captaining the Sharks. And they had him 5 years ago. He would have changed a lot for them.
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Twist wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 9:14 am
Theleinsterlad wrote:
You misunderstood my text, he has done his time and fair play to him for saving that woman, my issue is with the people in the Irfu and Munster rugby who thought it would be a good idea to sign a known doper.
He had done his time when they signed him too
If you can’t understand the difference between that and my comments there’s no point discussing it. Grob made his choice, cheated got caught did his time and due to current rules is able to play after (I don’t agree with said rules but that’s another discussion). However Munster and Irfu on knowledge that he had doped still signed him - that’s my issue
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Twist wrote: April 22nd, 2022, 1:47 pm Yep, he was the subject of some - lets be kind about this - 'intense scrutiny' from OTB.

Grobler served a doping ban from 2014-2016 and Ger and the boys decided it was up to them to get justice.
Thats not really accurate - the entire Irish media corps went in heavy on Munster, not Grobler, because of the way they managed the signing. Munster announced the signing either the morning of, or the morning after, the defeat to Japan when the entire rugby media corps was 20k miles away and had other things to be paying attention to - then when attention did turn back on them they gave it the old "this is old news, we announced it ages ago, we have nothing else to add".
I think it’s entirely accurate. I listened to OTB every day up til then and that’s when I stopped. It got ridiculous. They were just repeating themselves over and over, literally the same phrases every day offering absolutely no insight or new information. It definitely crossed the line from reporting to campaigning and it wasn’t subtle in the least. They didn’t subject James Cronin to anything like the same scrutiny
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

ronk wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 9:35 am
limecat wrote: April 22nd, 2022, 3:07 pm Match Preview

It's the commentator's nightmare Leicester v Leinster in the Champions Cup quarter-final!

But before then there's a two week tour of South Africa in which most of Leinster's front-liners won't be involved. Leading the URC table by ten points with just three games to go Leinster seem confident enough they can keep top spot despite effectively conceding the two next games with the squad they've picked.

Read more...
Gear preview, well researched.

I hadn't noticed that Thomas du Toit was a Munster player who they let slip through their fingers. A 21 stone 26 year old with 13 SA caps and captaining the Sharks. And they had him 5 years ago. He would have changed a lot for them.
He's a relatively poor player though, a South Affrican Tony Buckley.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Rónan Kelleher has picked up a minor shoulder injury and will now be replaced in the starting lineup by debutant John McKee.

Lee Barron will take the empty slot on the bench.
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

mildlyinterested wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 4:05 pm Rónan Kelleher has picked up a minor shoulder injury and will now be replaced in the starting lineup by debutant John McKee.

Lee Barron will take the empty slot on the bench.
That’s a massive loss
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Hopefully minor means he'll be fine for Leicester!
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Tracy injured as well?

Fecking hell, it's a big ask to make your debut away in SA against Bongi Mbonambi.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

could be an ugly one today
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Lots of errors so far
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Serb