Leicester V Leinster EPCR q/f 2022

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Re: Leicester V Leinster EPCR q/f 2022

Post by RoboProp »

wixfjord wrote: May 10th, 2022, 9:46 am Couldn't believe the size of the dressing room at HT. There was literally no room for subs to sit down.

The watering the grass thing is a good indication that Tigers were more afraid of us than we were of them.

Didn't slow down the ball in the first 20 minutes though.
The in-goal line area is way too small as well, surely this needs to regulated
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

wixfjord wrote: May 10th, 2022, 9:46 am Couldn't believe the size of the dressing room at HT. There was literally no room for subs to sit down.

The watering the grass thing is a good indication that Tigers were more afraid of us than we were of them.

:lol: I remember that now, fupping tiny. Imagine trying to get Toulouse's 1 tonne pack in there?
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Just watching the match again. Am I the only one, or does Dan Cole remind anyone else of The Potatoe-Head Brothers aka Grant & Phil Mitchell in Eastenders? A cameo of him drinking a pint in The Vic would be funny....
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

RoboProp wrote: May 10th, 2022, 9:55 am

The in-goal line area is way too small as well, surely this needs to regulated
The law states:

The playing area consists of a field-of-play, not exceeding 70 m (230 ft) in width and 100 m (330 ft) in length, and in-goal areas at each end of the field-of-play which should extend not more than 22 m (72 ft) but, "where practicable", at least 10 m (33 ft) beyond the field-of-play.

10-22meters is too high in terms of variability and I'd be surprised if Welford Road was more than 5 meters. I agree it needs to be regulated.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

My impression from being there is that the stadium is pretty hemmed in on all sides. The pitch is already small (shorter than 100m long) so there's no room to expand the playing surface at all.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Laighin Break wrote: May 10th, 2022, 8:39 am
Oldschoolsocks wrote: May 10th, 2022, 8:32 am
blockhead wrote: May 10th, 2022, 8:06 am RMcB speaking yesterday said there was a "flash flood" just before the game on saturday. I think he was referring, maybe, to our lovely hosts watering the pitch to ensure wet ball and less favourable conditions for the men in blue?
That’s mad Ted, did that really happen?
Leo commented on that too in this article on the The24:

"Even when we arrived down, the pitch was covered in water. I don’t know if you guys spotted that, but obviously they’d done a complete job on the pitch which had us squelching around, but when George Ford slipped over in the wet patch (in the second half), that made me laugh.”"
That’s real Young Munster / Greystones carry on
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

Back in the day when the AIL was in it's pomp; Garryowen hired/borrowed a helicopter to drive the water off the pitch for the match v Blackrock. I just happened to be in Limerick on duty; Neville Furlong (also Army) was playing for Garryowen and invited me along. If I recall Alain Rolland was scrum half for Blackrock, David Beggy (Meath footballer) was full back for Blackrock.
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Anyone have a link to the full game online. I recorded it but have the first 10 mins lost due to the Munster game
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Theleinsterlad wrote: May 10th, 2022, 5:27 pm Anyone have a link to the full game online. I recorded it but have the first 10 mins lost due to the Munster game
https://ok.ru/video/4260153592496
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

Old skool rugby values right there.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

desperado wrote: May 10th, 2022, 2:58 pm Back in the day when the AIL was in it's pomp; Garryowen hired/borrowed a helicopter to drive the water off the pitch for the match v Blackrock. I just happened to be in Limerick on duty; Neville Furlong (also Army) was playing for Garryowen and invited me along. If I recall Alain Rolland was scrum half for Blackrock, David Beggy (Meath footballer) was full back for Blackrock.
Those posh Garryowen boys using their spending power and helicopters to disadvantage Rock. Typical.

That's a great story!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Flash Gordon wrote: May 11th, 2022, 10:09 am
desperado wrote: May 10th, 2022, 2:58 pm Back in the day when the AIL was in it's pomp; Garryowen hired/borrowed a helicopter to drive the water off the pitch for the match v Blackrock. I just happened to be in Limerick on duty; Neville Furlong (also Army) was playing for Garryowen and invited me along. If I recall Alain Rolland was scrum half for Blackrock, David Beggy (Meath footballer) was full back for Blackrock.
Those posh Garryowen boys using their spending power and helicopters to disadvantage Rock. Typical.

That's a great story!
Cookies fans used to call Garryown the Limerick Ladyboys!
I have Bumbleflex
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Dave Cahill wrote: May 11th, 2022, 10:50 am

That's a great story!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Dave Cahill wrote: May 11th, 2022, 10:50 am

That's a great story!
I used to go to Garryowen games when I was there. Definitely the least ungenteel.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

The reprisals continue.
Leicester Tigers have agreed terms with Dan Lancaster, allowing the 20-year-old an early release from his contract
:)
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!