A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Avenger
Seán Cronin

Re: Leicester V Leinster EPCR q/f 2022

Post by Avenger »

Its on ticketmaster so Looks like it.

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/heineken-ch ... A4A038706B
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
Blue Man
Enlightened

Post by Blue Man »

Great to make the semi final but the second half performance was terrible. No control, no structure, consistently poor decision making, scrum a mess, maul defence weak, big penalty count and lots of unforced errors. Lots to work on before next week. Critical that our replacement front row can scrummage because they looked weak yesterday and the Toulouse front five depth is scary.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

By my reckoning the Toulouse pack against Munster might be the biggest ever fielded in rugby. Combined pack weight of 987kg, almost a metric tonne! If Mauvaka had started ahead of Marchand at hooker, they would have been 1,002kg...

From 3 to 8 they were 6'4", 6'10", 6'8", 6'6", 6'8", 6'3"....and six forwards on the bench...
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

wixfjord wrote: May 8th, 2022, 1:51 pm
the spoofer wrote: May 8th, 2022, 1:40 pm Just read Genges post match comments. Seemingly they won the second half 14 3 and could have won the game.
Don't see any issue with either of those statements?

His full comments were totally fair and balanced, focusing more on his own team than us or any potential reffing issues.
“I was gutted,” Genge said.

The difference from the first half to the second half… From 20-0 down to win the second half 14-3 shows where we should have been at. They are a brilliant side and if you play like that in the first half against a team like that then you are going to get punished, and then we had to chase the game.
“It is hard to win from 20-0 down. We did not stop fighting. We did what we did all year for 40 minutes, I just wish we had done it for 80 minutes.

“I don’t want to give an excuse and say they had two weeks off and we were knackered. I would play again now if it meant we had another crack of the whip. Being centrally contracted (with the IRFU), they benefit from being able to rest players as and when. I am just upset at the missed opportunity.”

Genge was then asked it if was hard to compete against a Leinster team which fielded 13 Ireland internationals in their starting 15.

“Look mate, I am not trying to be a p**** here but I don’t want you saying that. We came out there and we fought as hard as we could.

“They have 13 internationals but don’t put us in that bracket of ‘we gave it a good crack’. We could have won that game. I think you know that as well. If anyone is going to say that to me, please don’t because it is going to wind me right up.

“Our boys fought all game so I am not going to come here for someone to say we gave it a good crack and we’re plucky losers. I am not having a pop, but I am just ,saying please don’t say that to me.”
I like Genge. Nightmare to play with and a no bullshit attitude.
During the game Genge looked like an angry young man ready to head-butt someone. After the game he was having a good friendly chat with Porter and then going over to Healy and asking him was he OK.
Also saw Ashton having a good long chat with Lowe, looked like he was clarifying some he might have said in the past.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

neiliog93 wrote: May 8th, 2022, 2:13 pm By my reckoning the Toulouse pack against Munster might be the biggest ever fielded in rugby. Combined pack weight of 987kg, almost a metric tonne! If Mauvaka had started ahead of Marchand at hooker, they would have been 1,002kg...

From 3 to 8 they were 6'4", 6'10", 6'8", 6'6", 6'8", 6'3"....and six forwards on the bench...
Good. We'll run the legs off them and then tear them a new one!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

neiliog93 wrote: May 8th, 2022, 2:13 pm By my reckoning the Toulouse pack against Munster might be the biggest ever fielded in rugby. Combined pack weight of 987kg, almost a metric tonne! If Mauvaka had started ahead of Marchand at hooker, they would have been 1,002kg...

They're monstrous.

However, they are nowhere near the fitness and pace levels of our guys. They're unable to play for 3-4 minute spells.

Our tactics have to be to keep the ball in play, make them turn and have to run backwards and to spoil things when they are getting into their flow.

A roasting hot day in the Aviva would also help.

I'd say our lads will be re-watching the SF from 2019 this week I'd say, that's the perfect template for taking on Toulouse.
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

Has it actually been confirmed for Sat at 3pm? Need to book flights home but bit tentative to do so if its not official..I'd be pretty surprised if it wasn't a sat game.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Avenger wrote: May 8th, 2022, 1:58 pm Its on ticketmaster so Looks like it.

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/heineken-ch ... A4A038706B
Thanks. General sale tomorrow at 2pm
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

blockhead wrote: May 8th, 2022, 2:17 pm Good. We'll run the legs off them and then tear them a new one!
6 of them only have to play 40-50 mins and some of the lads coming on are bigger.

We keep the ball better than both Munster and Ulster, so there is that, but in reality, this is the same issue that was our undoing the last few years. I'll be really interest to see what Leo and Stuart have come up with to address it.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Logorrhea wrote: May 8th, 2022, 2:28 pm
blockhead wrote: May 8th, 2022, 2:17 pm Good. We'll run the legs off them and then tear them a new one!
6 of them only have to play 40-50 mins and some of the lads coming on are bigger.

We keep the ball better than both Munster and Ulster, so there is that, but in reality, this is the same issue that was our undoing the last few years. I'll be really interest to see what Leo and Stuart have come up with to address it.
It's the meat grinder like Sharks did to us that we have to watch. Penalty, lineout, maul, penalty, repeat until yellow card.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

wixfjord wrote: May 8th, 2022, 1:51 pm
the spoofer wrote: May 8th, 2022, 1:40 pm Just read Genges post match comments. Seemingly they won the second half 14 3 and could have won the game.
Don't see any issue with either of those statements?

His full comments were totally fair and balanced, focusing more on his own team than us or any potential reffing issues.
“I was gutted,” Genge said.

The difference from the first half to the second half… From 20-0 down to win the second half 14-3 shows where we should have been at. They are a brilliant side and if you play like that in the first half against a team like that then you are going to get punished, and then we had to chase the game.
“It is hard to win from 20-0 down. We did not stop fighting. We did what we did all year for 40 minutes, I just wish we had done it for 80 minutes.

“I don’t want to give an excuse and say they had two weeks off and we were knackered. I would play again now if it meant we had another crack of the whip. Being centrally contracted (with the IRFU), they benefit from being able to rest players as and when. I am just upset at the missed opportunity.”

Genge was then asked it if was hard to compete against a Leinster team which fielded 13 Ireland internationals in their starting 15.

“Look mate, I am not trying to be a p**** here but I don’t want you saying that. We came out there and we fought as hard as we could.

“They have 13 internationals but don’t put us in that bracket of ‘we gave it a good crack’. We could have won that game. I think you know that as well. If anyone is going to say that to me, please don’t because it is going to wind me right up.

“Our boys fought all game so I am not going to come here for someone to say we gave it a good crack and we’re plucky losers. I am not having a pop, but I am just ,saying please don’t say that to me.”
I like Genge. Nightmare to play with and a no bullshit attitude.
+1
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Nearly certain they had over 1k KG vs ulster
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

paddyor wrote: May 8th, 2022, 5:40 pm

Nearly certain they had over 1k KG vs ulster
And according to our own website we are 896.6Kg.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

He seems perma angry and constantly looking for a fight, what could make a person like this I wonder?
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

RoboProp wrote: May 8th, 2022, 6:36 pm
He seems perma angry and constantly looking for a fight, what could make a person like this I wonder?
A trait he seems to share with that Roos lad
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

curates_egg wrote: May 8th, 2022, 1:22 pm
blockhead wrote: May 8th, 2022, 12:40 pm
ronk wrote: May 8th, 2022, 5:28 am Who am I kidding, 3 French teams in the semis and a final in France. We'll be reffed off the park.
No French ref in the semi and if we win probably none in the final either.
Presumably Pearce or Barnes will ref us on Saturday.
Can see Pearce getting the final, so that would mean Barnes on Saturday.

Pearce is as good as it gets at the moment, in my opinion.
Probably add Pearson to those options. He got two 6Nations games as is on the way up in RFU rankings.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: May 8th, 2022, 7:22 pm
RoboProp wrote: May 8th, 2022, 6:36 pm
A trait he seems to share with that Roos lad
I would concur
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

At the end of the game and on Leicester's own Commentary.
"As usual, when the boys in blue turn up, the fun is over." 8)
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Very good
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

jezzer wrote: May 8th, 2022, 12:10 am The first half absolutely exposed Leicester and their deficiencies if they want to eat at the top table

The second half exposed Leinster. Not equally so, because we somehow hung in and Leicester aren't really built to chase a game. But the cracks in the walls are real and they need filling. Tactically we fell between two stools which allowed Tigers to stay to some degree in the game.
Leicester are a decent outfit but you'd fancy any one of the semi finalists to beat them. From our point of view, there were some worrying frailties up front and at the scrum which did for us against Saracens and La Roch previously.

The whining coming from England is really tiresome though. They have a system which results in pretty much all clubs losing money and they are uncompetitive at European level. Nothing at all stopping them reforming their system of course but rather than do that they'd prefer to rip down a system that produces home grown players and benefits the club and national team (and is financially viable). Bizarre, it's like a sports version of Brexit.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us