Leicester V Leinster EPCR q/f 2022

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Re: Leicester V Leinster EPCR q/f 2022

Post by limecat »

Match Preview

First a word for the young fellas in South Africa.

Even after they got a losing bonus point against the Sharks the previous week, it still looked a tall over to avoid a heavy beating against the rampant Stormers. But the young lads and a few experienced old boys put in an incredibly gutsy performance to not only get a losing bonus point of their own but also to deny the Stormers a four-try one. This secured top spot for Leinster and home advantage for the knock-out stages.

Read more...
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/ ... ugby-union

Really impressed by Ellis Genge and how many cliches he managed to get into this article.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

the spoofer wrote: May 6th, 2022, 5:30 pm
mildlyinterested wrote: May 6th, 2022, 5:20 pm Dan Leavy with the squad today at captains run.
I wonder is Leavy going in to coaching. Leinster aren't sentimental so he wouldn't be there unless it was for the good of the squad.
Yes we are. We're far from robots with laser focus. There's a strong and distinct ethos, people and community are important. We've always tried to give players send offs and work to prepare players for a life after they hang up their boots.

We're sentimental, the sentiments are just different. I can easily imagine Leavy doing an impassioned motivational speech for the lads.

Leavy could easily be going into coaching. He got injured young and mightn't be as well set up as he'd have expected. He's had a few years where there was question whether he'd have a long career so it makes sense to have been bringing forward plans.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

sunshiner1 wrote: May 7th, 2022, 3:57 am https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/ ... ugby-union

Really impressed by Ellis Genge and how many cliches he managed to get into this article.
As my Dad used to say, "Paper doesn't refuse ink". Whether or which, Ellis Genge is one of the best players, if not the best player on that Tigers team and his threat will have to be nullified or contained
for Leinster to win.

p.s. If Leicester are still playing "Smoke on the Water" at their home match run-outs, could we maybe have "The Boys are Back in Town" back?
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

ronk wrote:
the spoofer wrote: May 6th, 2022, 5:30 pm
mildlyinterested wrote: May 6th, 2022, 5:20 pm Dan Leavy with the squad today at captains run.
I wonder is Leavy going in to coaching. Leinster aren't sentimental so he wouldn't be there unless it was for the good of the squad.
Yes we are. We're far from robots with laser focus. There's a strong and distinct ethos, people and community are important. We've always tried to give players send offs and work to prepare players for a life after they hang up their boots.

We're sentimental, the sentiments are just different. I can easily imagine Leavy doing an impassioned motivational speech for the lads.

Leavy could easily be going into coaching. He got injured young and mightn't be as well set up as he'd have expected. He's had a few years where there was question whether he'd have a long career so it makes sense to have been bringing forward plans.
A bit early, no doubt, but you’d think Dan would be a great Contact Skills Coach, in the mould of Leamy. Now Leamy had a solid club coaching CV by the time we contracted him, but, give Leavy a year or two and, we’ll… who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
Blue Man
Enlightened

Post by Blue Man »

Great to see Leavy there with the squad, he deserves to be a part of the big occasion. In terms of coaching, I think the best coaches draw upon broad experience and sadly his has been limited. He’s a prime candidate to do a stint in France / UK to get exposure to different perspectives and methods.
I think the rumours about Sean O’Brien replacing Leamy are interesting. Sean had a long career under a number of coaches in Leinster, Ireland, Lions and London Irish; he could be an excellent addition to the group.
Blue Man
Enlightened

Post by Blue Man »

For those who travelled, any idea what level of support we might have today? Word seems to be at least 1k? I always remember the Bloodgate match, the Leinster support was a big factor that day.
I was listening to the Leicester podcast earlier, they will scrimmage, maul and kick. I think we need to run back at space but the absolute key is for the ball carrier not to get isolated, therefore the back three needs to work as a unit and really support each other. The selection of the wizard ahead of Nadolo suggests they’re worried about us going around them and I think we will get change there but would also like to see Robbie and Ringer really run at their midfield to fix the defence and exploited gaps.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Blue Man wrote: May 7th, 2022, 11:18 am Great to see Leavy there with the squad, he deserves to be a part of the big occasion. In terms of coaching, I think the best coaches draw upon broad experience and sadly his has been limited. He’s a prime candidate to do a stint in France / UK to get exposure to different perspectives and methods.
I think the rumours about Sean O’Brien replacing Leamy are interesting. Sean had a long career under a number of coaches in Leinster, Ireland, Lions and London Irish; he could be an excellent addition to the group.
I'm not expecting much from SOB as a coach. Coming up through the ranks is hard for someone who spend so long at the top of the salary chart. If you have outside business interests, it's that much worse. Punditry is easier when you have that higher name recognition.

You need to get fast tracked to be able to make the transition or to have been hit by a downturn that blew up your best egg.
Leinsterimp
Bookworm

Post by Leinsterimp »

Is it true Keenan is out injured?
Leinsterimp
Bookworm

Post by Leinsterimp »

Maybe not actually, just seen him walking in strapped up
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Leinsterimp wrote: May 7th, 2022, 3:36 pm Is it true Keenan is out injured?
Nothing on the Leinster Rugby Twitter feed.
Barry
Enlightened

Post by Barry »

Does our game still start at 5.30??

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Don't think they can start our game till the one in LR is over, as they're both on the same channel, BT Sports 2.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Barry wrote: May 7th, 2022, 5:02 pm Does our game still start at 5.30??

10 mins each way should leave it okay
I have Bumbleflex
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Sounds like they've moved Leicester vs Leinster to BT Sports 3 extra.
Schumi
Enlightened

Post by Schumi »

riocard911 wrote: May 7th, 2022, 5:19 pm Sounds like they've moved Leicester vs Leinster to BT Sports 3 extra.
Montpellier and La Rochelle on BT3. Is the Leinster game available on NowTV?
Last edited by Schumi on May 7th, 2022, 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Fup it. My Leicester-Leinster feed is showing the Munster extra time!!!
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

riocard911 wrote: May 7th, 2022, 5:19 pm Sounds like they've moved Leicester vs Leinster to BT Sports 3 extra.
Is that on sky, what a load of b*%&!x
Barry
Enlightened

Post by Barry »

Can't get it on nowtv, f%~k

Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

Red button gets you there on sky