Leinster v Connacht Aviva Friday 15th 5.30

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

paddyor
Shane Jennings

Re: Leinster v Connacht Aviva Friday 15th 5.30

Post by paddyor »

Porteer and Kelleher back is a huge plus. Need to be merciless and take them to the wood shed.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Match Preview

So after all the build-up last week about large-scale wins in the Sportsground, Leinster take just a five point lead into tomorrow's game.
On a couple of occasions Leinster looked like they were going to run away with last week's match, but credit to Connacht for keeping themselves in the tie. They refused to capitulate and forced Leinster into some poor errors, especially in the second half when they really should have added an extra score or two.

Read more...
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Worried about this one. We really need to get out of the blocks quickly and control the ball and the tempo. If we can do that and add a score before they put anything on the board, I'll be more confident. However, if they start like they did last weekend, I'd worry that they will get a huge confidence boost and the Connacht support in the crowd will carry them and make it very difficult.

Burke has been a real find for them and Friend has repayed him by selection ahead of Buckley so Tadhg must really set about him from the first scrum and give him a really hard day. Likewise with Kelleher and Porter against Heffernan and Bealham. If we can subdue those three, their back-row won't be as lively as last week and ours should dominate.

Fingers crossed that Leocaster have got our heads right and we play knock-out rugby from the first whistle.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Ruckedtobits wrote: April 15th, 2022, 1:48 pm Worried about this one. We really need to get out of the blocks quickly and control the ball and the tempo. If we can do that and add a score before they put anything on the board, I'll be more confident. However, if they start like they did last weekend, I'd worry that they will get a huge confidence boost and the Connacht support in the crowd will carry them and make it very difficult.

Burke has been a real find for them and Friend has repayed him by selection ahead of Buckley so Tadhg must really set about him from the first scrum and give him a really hard day. Likewise with Kelleher and Porter against Heffernan and Bealham. If we can subdue those three, their back-row won't be as lively as last week and ours should dominate.

Fingers crossed that Leocaster have got our heads right and we play knock-out rugby from the first whistle.
Yeah I'm nervous about this one.
Dont Panic!
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

I am also in the nervous faction. I said last week that their backrow would be competitive and that was borne out. I think they’ll take a lot of confidence from that and look to repeat the dose. Bundee is in seriously good form and will probably be the best midfielder on the pitch. Losing holds no fear for them, they’ll just see the chance to make a statement. It could get very spicy.
D2 Blue
Bookworm

Post by D2 Blue »

Just want to give a huge shoutout to the Seapoint Dragons special needs tag team who are playing in the halftime games. My lad is one of the Dragons. The team is 10 years old this year and this is a huge honour for them. They're bursting with excitement and on the way to the stadium already - the only problem will be getting them back off the pitch.
So could you please give them a huge cheer at halftime, it will mean so much to them and to the proud parents and coaches (who are simply fantastic people).
GWAN THE DRAGONS ..... and CMON LEINSTER too (to win by 15+ in the end).
Thanks
D2
Gwan Leinster!! Gwan Seapoint Dragons!!
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

:happy clapper:
D2 Blue wrote: April 15th, 2022, 3:09 pm Just want to give a huge shoutout to the Seapoint Dragons special needs tag team who are playing in the halftime games. My lad is one of the Dragons. The team is 10 years old this year and this is a huge honour for them. They're bursting with excitement and on the way to the stadium already - the only problem will be getting them back off the pitch.
So could you please give them a huge cheer at halftime, it will mean so much to them and to the proud parents and coaches (who are simply fantastic people).
Thanks
D2
:clap: Will do!
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

Edinburgh scored 56 against these. You’re only nervous because it’d be a massive shock if we went out and they have a chip on their shoulder about playing us.

Seems a decent crowd about anyway.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

D2 Blue wrote: April 15th, 2022, 3:09 pm Just want to give a huge shoutout to the Seapoint Dragons special needs tag team who are playing in the halftime games. My lad is one of the Dragons. The team is 10 years old this year and this is a huge honour for them. They're bursting with excitement and on the way to the stadium already - the only problem will be getting them back off the pitch.
Thanks
D2
Fantastic! :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Can’t see how any of you are nervous about this one.
This is not a great Connacht outfit and Leinster are stacked with Internationals from 1-23.

The only way Leinster lose this one is if they pick up an early red.

I predict an Italian like performance from Connacht.
They will stay with Leinster for the first 30 mins and then run out of puff.

Leinster by 35.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Thanks
D2
Up Seapoint!!! :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

First 10 very ropey, but beyond that we've been great.

Forwards taking Connacht apart.

Josh M, Lowe and Henshaw brilliant.

Bundee looks injured and was acting the hard man with that late hit. Should've been red.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

D2 Blue wrote:Just want to give a huge shoutout to the Seapoint Dragons special needs tag team who are playing in the halftime games. My lad is one of the Dragons. The team is 10 years old this year and this is a huge honour for them. They're bursting with excitement and on the way to the stadium already - the only problem will be getting them back off the pitch.
Thanks
D2
Love this. Allez les Dragons.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Update; I am no longer nervous.

Hansen’s offload to escape coffin corner was a thing of beauty though.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

munster#1 wrote: April 15th, 2022, 4:56 pm Can’t see how any of you are nervous about this one.
This is not a great Connacht outfit and Leinster are stacked with Internationals from 1-23.

The only way Leinster lose this one is if they pick up an early red.

I predict an Italian like performance from Connacht.
They will stay with Leinster for the first 30 mins and then run out of puff.

Leinster by 35.
M#1 gets it right for once. :wink:
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

wixfjord wrote: April 15th, 2022, 6:20 pm First 10 very ropey, but beyond that we've been great.

Forwards taking Connacht apart.

Josh M, Lowe and Henshaw brilliant.

Bundee looks injured and was acting the hard man with that late hit. Should've been red.
100% a red. If you try to make that hit and you don't get it right then you go. Players know this.

We're trying to get these out of the game. Degree of danger is extremely high.

Don't really buy the low force argument.
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

Unbelievable decision, 'no high degree of danger' indeed
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Felipe doesn't get near enough credit for our first phase attacking play. It's ridiculously good.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Bealham was a HIA so it should be 14 players.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Good performance overall. Connacht didn't test us much bar first 10.

Pack was just way better and Connacht discipline was poor.

Henshaw MOTM for me despite Lowe's scoring. Both second rows were really good too.