Leinster v Connacht Aviva Friday 15th 5.30

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Leinster v Connacht Aviva Friday 15th 5.30

Post by Twist »

That last try made it double scores on aggregate. I find the neatness of that inexplicably satisfying
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Josh Murphy gonna be a loss for us.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Can we have James Lowe do the Leinster post-match interview every time? Humility, humour, credit to the defeated opposition and entertaining info about the potential opponents in the next match. Class act!!!
tigerburnie
Enlightened

Post by tigerburnie »

Well played, just need the Tigers to step now.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

ronk wrote: April 15th, 2022, 7:26 pm Bealham was a HIA so it should be 14 players.
Im wrong. It's 13

https://www.world.rugby/the-game/laws/guidelines/16
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Did Johnny borrow a Aki's phone charger in camp and not return it to him? I know he's an abrasive IC, but even after his yellow and the game was over he was still trying to flatten Sexton. He must has thought it was tip too for Henshaw's try where he fell off the tackle.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

tigerburnie wrote: April 15th, 2022, 7:35 pm Well played, just need the Tigers to step now.
How do the tickets work on the Tigers side? Will it just be season ticket holders only get a chance to buy? I usually buy direct from the English clubs when we play them as it makes getting a hold of them easier, living in England myself.

Always wanted to watch Leinster v Tigers in a competitive match while I was there. Never came to be though.
Anyone But New Zealand
tigerburnie
Enlightened

Post by tigerburnie »

FLIP wrote: April 15th, 2022, 8:18 pm
tigerburnie wrote: April 15th, 2022, 7:35 pm Well played, just need the Tigers to step now.
How do the tickets work on the Tigers side? Will it just be season ticket holders only get a chance to buy? I usually buy direct from the English clubs when we play them as it makes getting a hold of them easier, living in England myself.

Always wanted to watch Leinster v Tigers in a competitive match while I was there. Never came to be though.
I'm unsure, we will no doubt know more this time tomorrow
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Two highlights of today's match for me: Robbie Henshaw back to his best and some lovely touches by Ross Byrne as confident as I've ever seen him off the bench.
Hoofhearted
Bookworm

Post by Hoofhearted »

Hope Conan makes a swift recovery. How comforting was it to have Ruddock come off the bench to replace him? We have never had it so good in the back row.

Enjoyable game. we never really looked stressed and dispite all the tries and classy play, it seems to me that team have another gear to go into if they needed to.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

My first match attendance since 2019, after a few failed attempts. Damp squib and terrible atmosphere but great to see the side humming so well in the flesh.

Agree with you Riocard that it was great to see Henshaw back to his best and to see Ross have a perfect 10 cameo vs Carty.

Lowe had to get MOTM but I was most impressed with Molony. What a revelation he is this season. Beyond doing all the standard second row and grunt stuff, he was great around the park. Excellent handling and link passing. Murphy also good.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

One area that we really need to improve is kick offs. Has been a recurring theme this season that we either mess up the lift and catch, knock on or get turned over.

Against better sides, that's a major source of possession which we need to improve on.

Getting JR back (he was running in the warmup according to Cian Tracey) would be a big help here imo.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

wixfjord wrote: April 15th, 2022, 9:14 pm
Getting JR back (he was running in the warmup according to Cian Tracey) would be a big help here imo.
He and Deegan (and McCarthy) were in the general warmup and then stayed on behind the north try line.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Thought Kelleher was excellent today. Sheehan is brilliant in open play but Kelleher's tight power is another level. Scrum & lineout solid too.
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

D2 Blue wrote: April 15th, 2022, 3:09 pm Just want to give a huge shoutout to the Seapoint Dragons special needs tag team who are playing in the halftime games. My lad is one of the Dragons. The team is 10 years old this year and this is a huge honour for them. They're bursting with excitement and on the way to the stadium already - the only problem will be getting them back off the pitch.
So could you please give them a huge cheer at halftime, it will mean so much to them and to the proud parents and coaches (who are simply fantastic people).
GWAN THE DRAGONS ..... and CMON LEINSTER too (to win by 15+ in the end).
Thanks
D2
Was involved with another special needs tag team and can only echo what a great initiative it is and all round great people are volunteering in clubs to help run them. Seapoint were great hosts when we visited too!
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

munster#1 wrote: April 15th, 2022, 4:56 pm Can’t see how any of you are nervous about this one.
This is not a great Connacht outfit and Leinster are stacked with Internationals from 1-23.

The only way Leinster lose this one is if they pick up an early red.

I predict an Italian like performance from Connacht.
They will stay with Leinster for the first 30 mins and then run out of puff.

Leinster by 35.
Hah shows what you know .... it was 36 !!!
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

D2 Blue wrote: April 15th, 2022, 3:09 pm Just want to give a huge shoutout to the Seapoint Dragons special needs tag team who are playing in the halftime games. My lad is one of the Dragons. The team is 10 years old this year and this is a huge honour for them. They're bursting with excitement and on the way to the stadium already - the only problem will be getting them back off the pitch.
So could you please give them a huge cheer at halftime, it will mean so much to them and to the proud parents and coaches (who are simply fantastic people).
Thanks
D2
They were a great bunch. Nobody seems to enjoy the day as much as the special needs teams ... they are a bunch of showboaters when they score! Huge respect to all the players, parents, coaches and referees.
TMC
Knowledgeable

Post by TMC »

Thanks
D2
Great result. Connacht took it to us or the first ten minutes but game was up by 20 minutes in.Abu Dee lucky

Special mention to Porter and Doris who went over to Seapoint & Westmanstown teams the end and posed for photos with kids. Lovely touch & great to see,
TMC
Knowledgeable

Post by TMC »

Bundee fecking predictive text 🙄
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Anyone know where I can find the game for a rewatch?
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever