ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Leinster v Connacht Aviva Friday 15th 5.30

Post by ronk »

Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

ronk wrote: April 16th, 2022, 11:03 pm Maybe this will inspire you https://www.the42.ie/connacht-leinster- ... 9-Apr2022/
Consider me inspired
D2 Blue
Bookworm

Post by D2 Blue »

hugonaut wrote: April 15th, 2022, 10:39 pm
D2 Blue wrote: April 15th, 2022, 3:09 pm Just want to give a huge shoutout to the Seapoint Dragons special needs tag team who are playing in the halftime games. My lad is one of the Dragons. The team is 10 years old this year and this is a huge honour for them. They're bursting with excitement and on the way to the stadium already - the only problem will be getting them back off the pitch.
So could you please give them a huge cheer at halftime, it will mean so much to them and to the proud parents and coaches (who are simply fantastic people).
GWAN THE DRAGONS ..... and CMON LEINSTER too (to win by 15+ in the end).
Thanks
D2
They were a great bunch. Nobody seems to enjoy the day as much as the special needs teams ... they are a bunch of showboaters when they score! Huge respect to all the players, parents, coaches and referees.

Thanks Hugonaut (and also TMC, Morf, Twist, riocard911, Hippo and TheLeinsterLad - think that's everyone!),

The players had a fantastic day and so did the coaches and parents and refs. They played so well and so did Westmanstown. The excitement and nerves while in the service tunnel was something else - just like Gladiator! I was helping out on the pitch and the reception that all the teams got was just incredible. And yes we have plenty of showboaters on the team - they're like that at training too. Its great to be able to show off their abilities and to forget about challenges or difficulties. The icing on the cake was Caelan Doris and Andrew Porter coming over to meet both teams after the game as TMC mentioned. They're great lads and very kind with their time.

Thanks a million for the cheers, applause and ovation that the players got as they left the pitch especially from the south stand. They were just delighted and it meant so much to them and the coaches and parents. Best fans in the world - but of course everyone knows that!

PS - great result for Leinster and some great tries, but its a pity that our reward is an away trip to Leicester. Looks like we'll have to earn that fifth star the hard way.
Gwan Leinster!! Gwan Seapoint Dragons!!
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

D2 Blue wrote: April 17th, 2022, 12:38 am
D2 Blue wrote: April 15th, 2022, 3:09 pm Just want to give a huge shoutout to the Seapoint Dragons special needs tag team who are playing in the halftime games. My lad is one of the Dragons. The team is 10 years old this year and this is a huge honour for them. They're bursting with excitement and on the way to the stadium already - the only problem will be getting them back off the pitch.
So could you please give them a huge cheer at halftime, it will mean so much to them and to the proud parents and coaches (who are simply fantastic people).
Thanks
D2
They were a great bunch. Nobody seems to enjoy the day as much as the special needs teams ... they are a bunch of showboaters when they score! Huge respect to all the players, parents, coaches and referees.

Thanks Hugonaut (and also TMC, Morf, Twist, riocard911, Hippo and TheLeinsterLad - think that's everyone!),

The players had a fantastic day and so did the coaches and parents and refs. They played so well and so did Westmanstown. The excitement and nerves while in the service tunnel was something else - just like Gladiator! I was helping out on the pitch and the reception that all the teams got was just incredible. And yes we have plenty of showboaters on the team - they're like that at training too. Its great to be able to show off their abilities and to forget about challenges or difficulties. The icing on the cake was Caelan Doris and Andrew Porter coming over to meet both teams after the game as TMC mentioned. They're great lads and very kind with their time.

Thanks a million for the cheers, applause and ovation that the players got as they left the pitch especially from the south stand. They were just delighted and it meant so much to them and the coaches and parents. Best fans in the world - but of course everyone knows that!

PS - great result for Leinster and some great tries, but its a pity that our reward is an away trip to Leicester. Looks like we'll have to earn that fifth star the hard way.
I enjoyed the half time game more than the “main event”, special mention for the lad with the Ronaldo celebrations. He’s some boyo!
pangurban1
Bookworm

Post by pangurban1 »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: April 16th, 2022, 10:29 pm
Barry wrote: April 16th, 2022, 9:41 pm Very disappointed that Dev wasn't given the last minute conversion

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
That little part of me that takes enjoyment from hearing a gickonian got kicked in the nuts agrees with you, but I’m trying to be a better person.
Dev was originally North Kildare no, did he Gick much
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

I think Dev is an old knockonian
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: April 17th, 2022, 9:40 am I think Dev is an old knockonian
Indeed he is
I have Bumbleflex
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

curates_egg wrote: April 16th, 2022, 9:01 pm
wixfjord wrote: April 16th, 2022, 10:04 am
curates_egg wrote: April 16th, 2022, 7:19 am

Just watched it back. As slick as our backline was, and as good as the platform was, the Connacht defending is really poor. So many missed tackles and positional/decision-making errors.

On the incidents:
- Hugo should have had yellow.
- I genuinely believe the Aki one was a cracking tackle. I thought so at the game (was just in front of me). It’s a torso hit, with a wrap.
- Aungier’s was unnecessary, high, reckless and dangerous; no arm shoulder barge that hits his face: red all day.
Watch it again.

It's a late hit and his head makes contact with Sexton's jaw first.

Clear yellow and could've been a red. Wrap and Sexton's slight post pass dip is probably the thing that brings it down.

Pause this at 3.14 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REyE_5E ... allengeCup

Aki was trying to act the hard man after missing Robbie earlier.
I don’t see definite head contact in any of the angles but, the way Sexton’s head goes back, it doesn’t look good.
It’s either a perfectly good hit or a red though. Yellow is nonsense.
While at the game I too thought it was a harsh card but having watched it back since its a red card and Aki got away with one there.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

curates_egg wrote: April 16th, 2022, 9:01 pm
It’s either a perfectly good hit or a red though. Yellow is nonsense.
Why is that?
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

LeinsterLeader wrote:Interesting side note, but we were at the players tunnel and JS and Mack H were having a right go at each other coming off the pitch at half time. One thing I heard, clear as a bell was JS shouted at him " Yeah....well, put it on Instagram".

Wonder were Leinster upset about some of his comments from the previous week? :shock:
Fair play to Hansen for having a cut off his international captain. It’s no good for Ireland if everyone is cowed by Johnny.
El Diablo
Mullet

Post by El Diablo »

D2 Blue wrote: April 17th, 2022, 12:38 am
Thanks
D2

Class from Doris and Porter. They were still having their photos taken with the tag teams long after the final whistle.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Those HT inclusive games pics are now on the Leinster website btw.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!