Munster v Leinster URC Sat 2nd 7pm RTE

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Munster v Leinster URC Sat 2nd 7pm RTE

Post by wixfjord »

Assuming we go full strength and bring back in the Irish guys:

Healy, Sheehan, Tadhg, Molony, McCarthy, Doris, VDF, Conan, JGP, Johnny, Lowe, Henshaw, Ringer, JOB, Keenan

Cronin, Byrne, Mike, Dev, Rhys, Luke, Frawley, TOB

Baird/Ryan likely still out.
Blue Man
Enlightened

Re: Munster v Leinster URC Sat 2nd 7pm RTE

Post by Blue Man »

It will be interesting to see how Leo integrates the internationals back into the side. Given the break they’ve been given, I suspect that it might only be the fringe internationals who play in Mordor. I suspect Healy, Baird (if fit), Conan and Henshaw might get a run, and possibly Sheehan. I’m not sure what the update on Larmour is.
I’d like to see our half backs really assert themselves and control the tempo of this game, but unfortunately I’m not too confident that they will.
They’ll go after our scrum, pulling every illegal technique possible from the Eddie Jones playbook.

If we play like we did for the first 55 mins in Galway (dropped passes, poor set piece and bad game management) we will ship a heave loss against what is an average, but reasonably settled turnip side.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

6 day turnaround to the Connacht game. And a new format with aggregate score raising the stakes.

After next week there’s 3 league fixtures left but 3-8 knockout games. We need to be willing to rotate rather than burn out.
Hoofhearted
Bookworm

Post by Hoofhearted »

Id be pretty confident that the same team that played Connacht last weekend can beat that Munster team.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Hoofhearted wrote: March 28th, 2022, 12:21 pm Id be pretty confident that the same team that played Connacht last weekend can beat that Munster team.
Not if they play the same way.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

wixfjord wrote: March 28th, 2022, 12:24 pm
Hoofhearted wrote: March 28th, 2022, 12:21 pm Id be pretty confident that the same team that played Connacht last weekend can beat that Munster team.
Not if they play the same way.
Exactly, we copped a break with the red card and even then made hard work of putting them away.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Ryan Corry, Leinster Rugby wrote:

INJURY UPDATE AHEAD OF RESCHEDULED THOMOND PARK CLASH

The Leinster Rugby coaching team have issued an injury update ahead of the URC clash with Munster Rugby at Thomond Park on Saturday (KO 7pm – LIVE on RTE, Premier Sports and URC TV).

There is positive news for both Ciarán Frawley and Conor O’Brien as the former came through the game against Connacht Rugby with no issues after his return from a facial injury.

O’Brien has returned to full training after recovering from a hamstring injury.

Ross Byrne was withdrawn for a Head Injury Assessment in the first half against Connacht Rugby, which he passed, but he was removed with a dental injury. He will be further assessed as the week goes on before a final decision is made on his availability.

Unfortunately, Dave Kearney had a procedure last week for a hamstring injury and will be unavailable for a number of months.

There are no further updates on:

Andrew Porter (ankle), Jordan Larmour (hip), Will Connors (knee), James Ryan (concussion), Ryan Baird (back), Rónan Kelleher (shoulder) and Michael Milne (calf).
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Big shame for DK, we're slightly light on back three players with Larmour out.

Could be a good opp for TOB to get a shot in Europe and JOB to start a knockout game.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Xanthippe wrote: March 28th, 2022, 2:16 pm
Ryan Corry, Leinster Rugby wrote:

INJURY UPDATE AHEAD OF RESCHEDULED THOMOND PARK CLASH

The Leinster Rugby coaching team have issued an injury update ahead of the URC clash with Munster Rugby at Thomond Park on Saturday (KO 7pm – LIVE on RTE, Premier Sports and URC TV).

There is positive news for both Ciarán Frawley and Conor O’Brien as the former came through the game against Connacht Rugby with no issues after his return from a facial injury.

O’Brien has returned to full training after recovering from a hamstring injury.

Ross Byrne was withdrawn for a Head Injury Assessment in the first half against Connacht Rugby, which he passed, but he was removed with a dental injury. He will be further assessed as the week goes on before a final decision is made on his availability.

Unfortunately, Dave Kearney had a procedure last week for a hamstring injury and will be unavailable for a number of months.

There are no further updates on:

Andrew Porter (ankle), Jordan Larmour (hip), Will Connors (knee), James Ryan (concussion), Ryan Baird (back), Rónan Kelleher (shoulder) and Michael Milne (calf).
Im surprised there are not more 'Dental' injuries, with the trend over the last couple of years for many of our professionals to dispense with mouthguards...
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

So are we looking at something like

Keenan; J O'Brien, Ringrose, Henshaw, Lowe; Sexton (c), RTP; Healy, Sheehan, Furlong; Molony, Toner; Doris, vd Flier, Conan

Tracy, E Byrne, Ala'alatoa, McCarthy, Ruddock/Deegan, McGrath, Frawley, T O'Brien
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

alanair wrote: March 28th, 2022, 2:48 pm Im surprised there are not more 'Dental' injuries, with the trend over the last couple of years for many of our professionals to dispense with mouthguards...
It is strange to me why a number of people choose not to wear one.

Ross however is not one of them

He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

RTE news : Leinster may welcome back internationals for Munster

http://www.rte.ie/sport/united-rugby-ch ... r-munster/
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Johnny Sexton, Garry Ringrose, Tadhg Furlong, Hugo Keenan, James Lowe, Dan Sheehan, Josh van der Flier, Jamison Gibson-Park and Caelan Doris are among the Leinster contingent who started three or more games in the Guinness Six Nations and forwards coach Robin McBryde indicated that it would probably be more lightly raced players who come into contention.
From the above.

It's probably a mix and match of a team really then.

Maybe Conan, Healy, Lowe? Sheehan possibly as well?
Lock9541
Graduate

Post by Lock9541 »

Would like to see Hawkshaw start, I thought he made a great impact when he came on. That back line that finished the game against Connacht played really well together.
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

I'd be a bit concerned about the scrum if Sheehan starts. I think he was probably a big part of the scrum weakness in Twickenham. And I don't have much faith in McBryde.
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

leinsterforever wrote: March 28th, 2022, 11:44 pm I'd be a bit concerned about the scrum if Sheehan starts. I think he was probably a big part of the scrum weakness in Twickenham. And I don't have much faith in McBryde.
Munster front row hardly fearsome.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Given McBryde seems to have hinted that guys with a big 6N workload won't start, I'd imagine we'll see a mix and match team, so maybe something like:

Healy/Byrne, Tracy, Mike, Molony, McCarthy, Rhys, Penny, Conan, McGrath, Ross/Harry, Lowe, Frawley, Henshaw, TOB, JOB

Cronin, Byrne/Dooley, Murphy, Deegan, McCarthy, Ross/Harry, ROL

Assuming Munster are only missing Beirne and possibly POM, I think that side would be up against it.

Would be brilliant to see how McCarthy gets on in Thomond.

Lineout will be a big worry if Tracy starts.
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

wixfjord wrote: March 29th, 2022, 9:33 am Given McBryde seems to have hinted that guys with a big 6N workload won't start, I'd imagine we'll see a mix and match team, so maybe something like:

Healy/Byrne, Tracy, Mike, Molony, McCarthy, Rhys, Penny, Conan, McGrath, Ross/Harry, Lowe, Frawley, Henshaw, TOB, JOB

Assuming Munster are only missing Beirne and possibly POM, I think that side would be up against it.

I don't think we can risk Sheehan outside of the Connacht Euro games now, given his importance. So much of our game is predicated on the lineout that if we had to start Cronin or Tracy in a knock-out tie, we'd be significantly disadvantaged.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Degz wrote: March 29th, 2022, 9:47 am
wixfjord wrote: March 29th, 2022, 9:33 am Given McBryde seems to have hinted that guys with a big 6N workload won't start, I'd imagine we'll see a mix and match team, so maybe something like:

I don't think we can risk Sheehan outside of the Connacht Euro games now, given his importance. So much of our game is predicated on the lineout that if we had to start Cronin or Tracy in a knock-out tie, we'd be significantly disadvantaged.
Cronin has been pretty good lately in fairness. Wouldn't like to see him start a Euro knockout albeit.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Sheehan has to start the next three games until Kelleher returns. Unless the home fixture against Connacht is already a formality.