Munster v Leinster URC Sat 2nd 7pm RTE

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Re: Munster v Leinster URC Sat 2nd 7pm RTE

Post by johng »

I'm not racist but ..... :lol:

They are getting as bad as Glasgow and Ulster with the booing. Unfortunately. We are no saints ourselves on that front
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

mildlyinterested wrote: April 4th, 2022, 11:42 am
cormac wrote: April 4th, 2022, 11:36 am When this clearout has barely even raised a murmur on munsterfans.com you know it's a complete nothing incident.
ah TRK has his talking points out now so i'd expect when munster fans re-emerge they'll be bleating about it.
Yep, with another selective angle video the Munster fans on Reddit are working themselves into a froth again. Even some of them linking Leavys retirement too.
Anyone But New Zealand
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: April 6th, 2022, 1:51 am
munster#1 wrote: April 6th, 2022, 1:43 am This isn’t a direct swipe at Leinster fans as they were hardly the only factor in a reduced attendance at TP, but can any of you please confirm why so few Leinster Fans travelled to limerick for the match?

Having been in the east terrace, I would be surprised if there were more than 300 Leinster fans at the match.
Have Leinster fans stopped supporting Leinster on the road??
No problemo !!!

I can happily confirm that I don’t understand why you’re asking this question? It’s a weird question to ask a forum.

Leinster fans are not a singular entity that act en masse, maybe put up a survey monkey with a list of questions and stuff if you’re really interested?
A fair question met with the usual facetiousness.

We debate every other matter without Surveymonkey, so we are well able to do so here as well.

I was away last weekend and have only seen highlights of the match, so I haven't a handle on the number of Leinster fans in attendance. I imagine the forthcoming H-Cup double-header had the most impact on peoples' decision making allied to the lack of edge in this league fixture for a while now as a secondary factor.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

TRK has gone all in.
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

Theleinsterlad wrote: April 5th, 2022, 11:50 am
Hippo wrote: April 5th, 2022, 9:06 am
Theleinsterlad wrote: April 5th, 2022, 8:28 am

Watch it again 😉 watch Ross Byrne
Yes I spotted that, but it was so well disguised from the defence
It was pure class and for me in the captured moment told its own story on why Byrne is the more natural outhalf vs the likes of carbery. It really does sadden me that Ross has been the most consistent outhalf particularly in this season and will not likely get on the plane for NZ this summer
If Carbery had thrown a pass like Byrne did for Ringrose's try, we would never hear the end of it.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

backrower8 wrote: April 6th, 2022, 1:57 pm
munster#1 wrote: April 6th, 2022, 1:43 am This isn’t a direct swipe at Leinster fans as they were hardly the only factor in a reduced attendance at TP, but can any of you please confirm why so few Leinster Fans travelled to limerick for the match?

Having been in the east terrace, I would be surprised if there were more than 300 Leinster fans at the match.
No problemo !!!

I can happily confirm that I don’t understand why you’re asking this question? It’s a weird question to ask a forum.

Leinster fans are not a singular entity that act en masse, maybe put up a survey monkey with a list of questions and stuff if you’re really interested?

We debate every other matter without Surveymonkey, so we are well able to do so here as well.

I was away last weekend and have only seen highlights of the match, so I haven't a handle on the number of Leinster fans in attendance. I imagine the forthcoming H-Cup double-header had the most impact on peoples' decision making allied to the lack of edge in this league fixture for a while now as a secondary factor.
Attendances are down all round. It speaks of the health of the sport and spectator sports rather than Munster. I expect a cavernously empty Lansdowne Road.
Munster are still better supported than us and as evidence, apart from the attendances, I give the Irish media (OTB etc.) obsession with Munster. They're just responding to the numbers. That's all. It's not bias, it's commerce.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

munster#1 wrote: April 6th, 2022, 1:43 am Having been in the east terrace, I would be surprised if there were more than 300 Leinster fans at the match.
It seems to be a broader problem - which is not to say Munster don't have specific issues. But I have real doubts about us having the Connacht game in the Aviva (or the return Munster game). We've not really had a chance to fill out the RDS yet so it's very hard to judge if match-going is down generally.

I would say that the way games have fallen over the last few months means there hasn't really been the type of game where you'd expect a full house - but the numbers are a little weak it seems.
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

The Doc wrote: April 6th, 2022, 3:20 pm
munster#1 wrote: April 6th, 2022, 1:43 am Having been in the east terrace, I would be surprised if there were more than 300 Leinster fans at the match.
It seems to be a broader problem - which is not to say Munster don't have specific issues. But I have real doubts about us having the Connacht game in the Aviva (or the return Munster game). We've not really had a chance to fill out the RDS yet so it's very hard to judge if match-going is down generally.

I would say that the way games have fallen over the last few months means there hasn't really been the type of game where you'd expect a full house - but the numbers are a little weak it seems.
I expect both the Connacht and Munster game to be 1/4 full.
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

joooooe wrote: April 6th, 2022, 2:22 pm If Carbery had thrown a pass like Byrne did for Ringrose's try, we would never hear the end of it.
THIS.
Brilliant play by Byrne.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Because the Munster branch scheduled an Ed Sheeran concert when this game was originally rescheduled for. Then with about a months notice switched the scheduling for the home and away legs so Munster could play in Thomond. Turns out there was no big upturn in holding in Thomond instead of Cork.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

The game was only ever scheduled for two dates - Christmas and then the 2nd of April.
I have Bumbleflex
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

paddyor wrote: April 6th, 2022, 4:38 pm Because the Munster branch scheduled an Ed Sheeran concert when this game was originally rescheduled for. Then with about a months notice switched the scheduling for the home and away legs so Munster could play in Thomond. Turns out there was no big upturn in holding in Thomond instead of Cork.
Dave Cahill wrote: April 6th, 2022, 5:25 pm The game was only ever scheduled for two dates - Christmas and then the 2nd of April.

I think Paddy is actually right Dave - on January 26th we got the following changes to fixtures:
The United Rugby Championship have confirmed the rescheduling of fixtures postponed over the Christmas and New Year period.

With Glasgow Warriors and Edinburgh Rugby originally due to play Munster Rugby and Leinster Rugby in Round 18, those games will now be played on February 11 to allow the postponed Munster Rugby v Leinster Rugby (R8) and Edinburgh Rugby v Glasgow Warriors (R9) games to take place in May on the final day of the regular season.

Rescheduled Fixtures

Friday, 11 February
Leinster Rugby v Edinburgh Rugby
Glasgow Warriors v Munster

Weekend of 20/21/22 May (details to be confirmed)
Munster Rugby v Leinster Rugby
Glasgow Warriors v Edinburgh Rugby
And then on February 22nd we got the following:
Leinster Rugby and Munster Rugby have confirmed new dates for the United Rugby Championship games to be played between the clubs in Aviva Stadium and Thomond Park.

The game at Aviva Stadium was initially fixed for Saturday, April 2, at 7pm but that game will now be played at the same venue on the weekend of May 20/21 with the kick-off to be confirmed by URC in the coming weeks.

The return fixture at Thomond Park will instead now be played on the earlier date of Saturday, April 2, at 7pm.
Okay so it was closer to 6 weeks than 4 when the change was made but still - the Christmas game was originally re-fixed for the final week of the competition but then, due to an Ed Sheeran concert being booked, it was switched to April 2nd.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Thats fair enough, I stand corrected as regards the announcement.

The Ed Sheeran concert had been announced the previous September though, so there is no way Munster were ever going to be playing in Thomond Park at the end of May.
I have Bumbleflex
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Dave Cahill wrote: April 6th, 2022, 6:12 pm Thats fair enough, I stand corrected as regards the announcement.

The Ed Sheeran concert had been announced the previous September though, so there is no way Munster were ever going to be playing in Thomond Park at the end of May.
Which is usually not an issue since the team based in Thomond Park would be off on their holidays come May.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

fourthirtythree wrote: April 6th, 2022, 2:31 pm

No problemo !!!

Attendances are down all round. It speaks of the health of the sport and spectator sports rather than Munster. I expect a cavernously empty Lansdowne Road.
Munster are still better supported than us and as evidence, apart from the attendances, I give the Irish media (OTB etc.) obsession with Munster. They're just responding to the numbers. That's all. It's not bias, it's commerce.
You're right with attendances being down all round, in the URC at least (dunno how the Prem and Top 14 are doing). Even if you look at the 10k empty seats Wales had for the 6 nations game against France and there were plenty of empty seats in the Aviva for the Italy game. I've never seen that before.

With the way things are going, I thought the attendance in Thomand Park looked good to be honest. Was a figure released with the official number in attendance?
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Keith wrote:
fourthirtythree wrote: April 6th, 2022, 2:31 pm
backrower8 wrote: April 6th, 2022, 1:57 pm A fair question met with the usual facetiousness.

You're right with attendances being down all round, in the URC at least (dunno how the Prem and Top 14 are doing). Even if you look at the 10k empty seats Wales had for the 6 nations game against France and there were plenty of empty seats in the Aviva for the Italy game. I've never seen that before.

With the way things are going, I thought the attendance in Thomand Park looked good to be honest. Was a figure released with the official number in attendance?
20k or so

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

No problemo !!!

I bet you’re like a school teacher or something to do with the law
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Dave Cahill wrote: April 6th, 2022, 6:12 pm Thats fair enough, I stand corrected as regards the announcement.

https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/leinster-r ... scheduled/

It says TBC. But it does look like an error.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

ronk wrote: April 6th, 2022, 2:15 am I saw loads of fans carrying Leinster flags and quite a few more clapping the team when they came out again afterwards. I was in the West stand.

Long old day. Food stops at 10 at the motorway services and it was well past that even at Obama plaza. Home just before midnight.

It happened at a busy time of the calendar. The Connacht double header being a big one.
Match was originally scheduled for prime time viewing over Christmas/New Year break.
Rescheduled match was fitted into an already busy schedule pretty much covers it.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: April 6th, 2022, 6:51 pm

No problemo !!!

I bet you’re like a school teacher or something to do with the law
Double or quits