Munster v Leinster URC Sat 2nd 7pm RTE

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Re: Munster v Leinster URC Sat 2nd 7pm RTE

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Tbf, his shoulders are below his hips when he enters so there’s that?
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: April 4th, 2022, 6:32 pm Tbf, his shoulders are below his hips when he enters so there’s that?
That’s to get under Coombes and drive him back though so would counter the idea that he dropped his weight on him.
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: April 4th, 2022, 6:24 pm I'll try to move on after this but my legal pal has popped up again on twitter and I saw that he was trying to argue that Dev violated law 9.20d: "a player may lever the jackler out of the contest at the ruck but must not drop their weight onto them or target the lower limbs".

The video examples that WR give both involve targeting the lower limbs so I think that's what they're really aiming to stamp out.

He replied to someone saying "Toner absolutely dropped his weight onto him". My own legal opinion of that, is that it's nonsense. If that's the case you could never clear someone out and then land on top of them. I think the spirit of the law, although unclear, is that you don't just collapse on someone who's over the ball but have to make a dynamic movement instead, which is exactly what Dev did.

It's pissed me off that anyone would accuse Dev of being dirty after the incredibly clean career he has had (not to mention the lack of any foul play in the incident itself!) for such a long time, and that anyone could judge the incident without making any reference to what had happened on the other side to trap Coombes' leg.
There is a chant that is popular in American high school sports where a team complaining about an incident, or scoring (and celebrating) a consolation score, is greeted with "scoreboard, scoreboard,...". It is exactly the sort of response this fella needs. wind up the wind-up merchant and watch him explode.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: April 4th, 2022, 6:40 pm
Oldschoolsocks wrote: April 4th, 2022, 6:32 pm Tbf, his shoulders are below his hips when he enters so there’s that?
That’s to get under Coombes and drive him back though so would counter the idea that he dropped his weight on him.
Yeah, but I actually can’t see in at the side so I’m struggling to be charitable. Apparently when joining the ruck shoulders must be above hips
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Flash Gordon wrote: April 4th, 2022, 9:25 am
jezzer wrote: April 3rd, 2022, 2:09 pm Brilliant game. As somebody made the point, Munster are a team of talented players whose coaching doesn't match up with the level in the other provinces. They really need to get the players in their first pod to make defences commit, otherwise their attacking shape becomes very predictable. At the moment it's very easy to read.

Was impressed with Munster's back three, given how they were all second choice players in their position. Some decent depth there. I thought Munster's midfield, which should have been a strength, were absolutely schooled. Carbery definitely much more comfortable at 15 to me too.

Coombes going off was a real inflection point. He was impressing and looked at home in a game with all of Ireland's top back rows around him.

On Leinster, I'm not Ed Byrne's biggest fan but i thought he was really good for his 45 mins. Tactically we were very clever. So many times JGP worked us through the phases till we had an overload on one side. We'd then have someone run straight and even slightly infield to further pull the shorthanded defence toward the middle, before we hit back to the overloaded side for metres and scores. JGP sees that stuff better than anyone in Ireland.

I've always been a massive Ringrose fan. He cops a lot of stick for not passing it but in a lot of cases it sets us up for scores a few phases later.

But i have to say that yesterday there was another egregious case from him where the simple pass on the right in the first half would have put the outside guy in at a canter. He needs to be hauled up on this tendency, maybe even held out of a big game, if he doesn't start to read those clear chances better.

Ross Byrne was one of the best players on the pitch. He continues to show he's developed a break and is keeping the attacking line arrow straight. His tactical kicking is as good as ever. He really should be a shoe-in for the 22 shirt at his point, but it doesn't look like he fits with Faz. Hard to logically ignore him tho.
On Ross Byrne, he was dropped by Ireland but the lad is continuing to evolve and develop - he's been around since 2015 but he's still only 26. He has to be knocking on the door particularly as Carbery's career hasn't developed in the way we all hoped it would which is damaging Ireland. I think there's a strong possibility that if Sexton had played in Paris that we'd have a Grand Slam.
Based on his performance against England I doubt very much that Sexton's presence would have made any difference to the France result.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Oldschool wrote: April 4th, 2022, 8:03 pm Based on his performance against England I doubt very much that Sexton's presence would have made any difference to the France result.
You've said, but we still won that game. And handly. And Carberry was schooled by Byrne, who has unfortunately been taken to the cleaners by England when he's had his few chances in an Ireland shirt. Ergo it's clear that Sexton would have made a difference against France.
Anyone But New Zealand
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

FLIP wrote: April 4th, 2022, 8:26 pm
Oldschool wrote: April 4th, 2022, 8:03 pm Based on his performance against England I doubt very much that Sexton's presence would have made any difference to the France result.
You've said, but we still won that game. And handly. And Carberry was schooled by Byrne, who has unfortunately been taken to the cleaners by England when he's had his few chances in an Ireland shirt. Ergo it's clear that Sexton would have made a difference against France.
Handily, that's laughable considering you, I and probably every other Irish spectator was sh1tting it until the last ten minutes.
If my aunt..........only she doesn't.........ergo.......it isn't clear especially considering you ignored one extremely important fact, 14 v 15.for almost 80 minutes.
Keep digging.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Last 19 Ireland games.
Lost 4.
3 of those losses, no Johnny.
Other loss, POM red on 13mins
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Doris.
Ringrose Try- Doris blows Loughman over like a skittle.
Lowe 1st Try-Murray (not a small scumhalf) grabs Doris's jersey from behind and is given a free ski ride while Doris hands off another Munster defender

The Lad is amazing
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

Watching the Ringrose try again I was struck by how through all the phases of battering on the line JGP never even glanced to the blindside, then swivelled and gave his pass to RB who put Ringrose in. No hints given, a great piece of deception.
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Hippo wrote: April 5th, 2022, 8:08 am Watching the Ringrose try again I was struck by how through all the phases of battering on the line JGP never even glanced to the blindside, then swivelled and gave his pass to RB who put Ringrose in. No hints given, a great piece of deception.
Watch it again 😉 watch Ross Byrne
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

Theleinsterlad wrote: April 5th, 2022, 8:28 am
Hippo wrote: April 5th, 2022, 8:08 am Watching the Ringrose try again I was struck by how through all the phases of battering on the line JGP never even glanced to the blindside, then swivelled and gave his pass to RB who put Ringrose in. No hints given, a great piece of deception.
Yes I spotted that, but it was so well disguised from the defence
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Hippo wrote: April 5th, 2022, 9:06 am
It was pure class and for me in the captured moment told its own story on why Byrne is the more natural outhalf vs the likes of carbery. It really does sadden me that Ross has been the most consistent outhalf particularly in this season and will not likely get on the plane for NZ this summer
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Theleinsterlad wrote: April 5th, 2022, 11:50 am

It was pure class and for me in the captured moment told its own story on why Byrne is the more natural outhalf vs the likes of carbery. It really does sadden me that Ross has been the most consistent outhalf particularly in this season and will not likely get on the plane for NZ this summer
Byrne spots the opportunity, calls and claps his hands. He then throws a beautiful inch perfect floated pass off his right hand. He threw a similar floated pass off his left later in the game. Pure quality.
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

the spoofer wrote: April 5th, 2022, 1:51 pm
Theleinsterlad wrote: April 5th, 2022, 11:50 am

Byrne spots the opportunity, calls and claps his hands. He then throws a beautiful inch perfect floated pass off his right hand. He threw a similar floated pass off his left later in the game. Pure quality.
Not only spots but directed the players to get in the correct positions a good 20 secs before he got the ball to execute
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

This isn’t a direct swipe at Leinster fans as they were hardly the only factor in a reduced attendance at TP, but can any of you please confirm why so few Leinster Fans travelled to limerick for the match?

Having been in the east terrace, I would be surprised if there were more than 300 Leinster fans at the match.
Have Leinster fans stopped supporting Leinster on the road??
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

munster#1 wrote: April 6th, 2022, 1:43 am This isn’t a direct swipe at Leinster fans as they were hardly the only factor in a reduced attendance at TP, but can any of you please confirm why so few Leinster Fans travelled to limerick for the match?

Having been in the east terrace, I would be surprised if there were more than 300 Leinster fans at the match.
No problemo !!!

I can happily confirm that I don’t understand why you’re asking this question? It’s a weird question to ask a forum.

Leinster fans are not a singular entity that act en masse, maybe put up a survey monkey with a list of questions and stuff if you’re really interested?
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

I saw loads of fans carrying Leinster flags and quite a few more clapping the team when they came out again afterwards. I was in the West stand.

Long old day. Food stops at 10 at the motorway services and it was well past that even at Obama plaza. Home just before midnight.

It happened at a busy time of the calendar. The Connacht double header being a big one.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

munster#1 wrote: April 6th, 2022, 1:43 am This isn’t a direct swipe at Leinster fans as they were hardly the only factor in a reduced attendance at TP, but can any of you please confirm why so few Leinster Fans travelled to limerick for the match?

I just don’t like having to listen to all the booing in person.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

munster#1 wrote: April 6th, 2022, 1:43 am This isn’t a direct swipe at Leinster fans...
Always a prelude to a direct swipe at Leinster fans :wink:
Dont Panic!