The Quickening 2022

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

D4surfer
Mullet

Re: The Quickening 2022

Post by D4surfer »

johng wrote: May 1st, 2022, 8:54 am
D4surfer wrote: May 1st, 2022, 8:45 am Glasgow and Edinburgh are still in the Challenge Cup. If one of them wins it and is not already qualified for the Heineken Cup, they will get in at the expense of an Irish or SA team.
Interesting....

Do we think Either of them will beat Sarries in the Final though?
No, but wouldn’t it be gas if it happened at Munster’s expense.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

D4surfer wrote: May 1st, 2022, 9:07 am
D4surfer wrote: May 1st, 2022, 8:45 am Glasgow and Edinburgh are still in the Challenge Cup. If one of them wins it and is not already qualified for the Heineken Cup, they will get in at the expense of an Irish or SA team.
Interesting....

Interesting to know that Munster aren't qualified yet. Might be before their next URC match though.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Interesting....

I think for that to happen the team that lose the Scots derby would have to win the CC. Ulster and the Bulls would have to win BUT leave the sharks a bonus point. AND Munster would have to get nothing v us.

Oh. And Stormers would have to win in Wales.

If we are still in the heino I can see us not playing our top team in the fixture.

Personally. Would I rather a Scottish team in the Heino at the expense of an Irish one? Nah. Never. Even Munster
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

johng wrote: May 1st, 2022, 10:11 am
Interesting....

I think for that to happen the team that lose the Scots derby would have to win the CC. Ulster and the Bulls would have to win BUT leave the sharks a bonus point. AND Munster would have to get nothing v us.

Oh. And Stormers would have to win in Wales.

If we are still in the heino I can see us not playing our top team in the fixture.

Personally. Would I rather a Scottish team in the Heino at the expense of an Irish one? Nah. Never. Even Munster
Eh, the Scots don't have the media cheerleaders and the TRK tripe spreaders showering their every success with praise and ignoring their every failure. I'd love for Munster to not make the last 8 and the HC. Love it.
Anyone But New Zealand
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

I’ve just checked and the winners of the URC are guaranteed qualification for the Heineken Cup. That’s another way that both Edinburgh and Glasgow could qualify at the expense of an Irish or SA side. Unlikely I know, but probably more likely than one of them winning the Challenge Cup.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

D4surfer wrote: May 1st, 2022, 10:48 am I’ve just checked and the winners of the URC are guaranteed qualification for the Heineken Cup. That’s another way that both Edinburgh and Glasgow could qualify at the expense of an Irish or SA side. Unlikely I know, but probably more likely than one of them winning the Challenge Cup.
Do you think beating Saracens in Marseille is harder than beating Leinster in Dublin? I don't. Even if you do, you also have to assume the rest of the URC fixtures the Scottish side would face in the top 8 would be easier than the challenge cup teams, which isn't that clear given that they are Heineken cup level teams by definition.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

CiaranIrl wrote: May 1st, 2022, 11:19 am
D4surfer wrote: May 1st, 2022, 10:48 am I’ve just checked and the winners of the URC are guaranteed qualification for the Heineken Cup. That’s another way that both Edinburgh and Glasgow could qualify at the expense of an Irish or SA side. Unlikely I know, but probably more likely than one of them winning the Challenge Cup.
Do you think beating Saracens in Marseille is harder than beating Leinster in Dublin? I don't. Even if you do, you also have to assume the rest of the URC fixtures the Scottish side would face in the top 8 would be easier than the challenge cup teams, which isn't that clear given that they are Heineken cup level teams by definition.
I was just pointing out the theoretical though unlikely ways that both Scottish sides could qualify for the Heineken Cup.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Ruckedtobits wrote: May 1st, 2022, 6:48 am So, with one week to:

• Most League points
:
Leinster - 62 to date
  • Most Wins
:
Leinster - 12 to date
  • Most Match Points scored:
Leinster - 511 to date
  • Least Points conceded
:
Leinster - 251 to date
  • Most Bonus Points scored
:
Leinster - 14 to date
  • Least Defeats conceded
:
Stormers - 4 to date
  • Most Trys scored
:
??
  • Least Tries conceded
:
??
Can anyone fill in the missing Stats and possibly include Most / Least Red and Yellow Cards?

BTW, does anyone know who used the most players in the League this Season?
  		Players
Leinster	59
Benetton	52
Scarlets	52
Zebre		51
Munster		50
Stormers	48
Edinburgh	47
Sharks		47
Ulster		46
Connacht	45
Dragons		45
Glasgow		45
Cardiff		44
Bulls		43
Ospreys		43
Lions		42

YC	RC
Munster		4	1
Edinburgh	5	1
Bulls		6	2
Glasgow		7	0
Leinster	7	0
Lions		8	0
Ospreys		8	0
Ulster		8	0
Benetton	9	1
Scarlets	9	1
Zebre		9	1
Dragons		11	1
Sharks		11	1
Stormers	12	0
Cardiff		12	1
Connacht	12	2

#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

That's fantastic. Thanks @Xanthippe.

Not a great look for Connacht but probably part of the reason their position does not seem to reflect their playing ability and style.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

The yellow cards in SA look a little different now after looking at that table.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Actually the tour also accounts for players used.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

ronk wrote: May 3rd, 2022, 8:30 am The yellow cards in SA look a little different now after looking at that table.
It's really annoying - we had three cards from the 15 games prior to the trip and then four from 2 games

ronk wrote: May 3rd, 2022, 8:32 am Actually the tour also accounts for players used.
Well it accounts for five of the 59 - we'd used 54 players in the 15 games up to then
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Xanthippe wrote: May 3rd, 2022, 2:14 pm
ronk wrote: May 3rd, 2022, 8:30 am The yellow cards in SA look a little different now after looking at that table.
It's really annoying - we had three cards from the 15 games prior to the trip and then four from 2 games

ronk wrote: May 3rd, 2022, 8:32 am Actually the tour also accounts for players used.
Well it accounts for five of the 59 - we'd used 54 players in the 15 games up to then
I'd really like to see the card count for all teams playing away in SA. It seemed as if every away team had a couple of cards per game.
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

the spoofer wrote: May 3rd, 2022, 3:23 pm
Xanthippe wrote: May 3rd, 2022, 2:14 pm

I'd really like to see the card count for all teams playing away in SA. It seemed as if every away team had a couple of cards per game.
Only thing it was non SA refs that did the matches. I still can’t get over how the stormers didn’t get at least 1 yellow card
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

D4surfer wrote: May 1st, 2022, 8:45 am
johng wrote: May 1st, 2022, 8:29 am
johng wrote: March 26th, 2022, 11:04 am I believe the top 8 will be 3 Irish 3 Saffers and 2 Scottish. However despite the Italian advantage I don't see the Scots in the top 4.

Those places will be between the 3 Irish and top 2 Saffers IMHO.
Ok not exactly Nostradamus level prediction skills required there.

So. If the Stormers and the Bulls win in Wales and Ulster beat the Sharks in Ravenhill (a decent enough bet) we become judge, jury and executioner as to Munster's home QF.

Cue shouts of "IRFU fix" from Wales if they beat us.

Scottish teams can't get top 4 no matter the score between them and the loser is guaranteed out of the Heino and a game v us in the RDS.

All down to the 4 games mentioned above for the home spots.

Possible to get 3 saffer teams in the top 4 and also possible to get 3 Irish.
Glasgow and Edinburgh are still in the Challenge Cup. If one of them wins it and is not already qualified for the Heineken Cup, they will get in at the expense of an Irish or SA team.
Would they not get in at the expense of the Scottish side?
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Euro qualification is determined by "conference" league position right? And then seeding by playoff and keague position. I'd imagine if Glasgow or Edinburgh qin the CC they'll take conference top position.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Nevermind. Them rules are dumb.
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

paddyor wrote: May 3rd, 2022, 5:01 pm Nevermind. Them rules are dumb.
I stole this from another forum to show just how crazy the rules are.
So a hypothetical league table with Champions Cup qualification status could look like this:

1st Leinster (Q - Irish Shield);
2nd Ulster (Q - league placing);
3rd Stormers (Q - SA Shield);
4th Sharks;
5th Munster (Q - Champ Cup winners);
6th Bulls (Q - URC winners);
7th Glasgow (Q - Scottish/Italian Shield);
8th Edinburgh (Q - Challenge Cup winners);
9th Scarlets (Q - Welsh Shield)

leaving 4th placed Sharks as the odd ones out and dropping into the Challenge Cup.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

D4surfer wrote: May 3rd, 2022, 5:37 pm
paddyor wrote: May 3rd, 2022, 5:01 pm Nevermind. Them rules are dumb.
I stole this from another forum to show just how crazy the rules are.
So a hypothetical league table with Champions Cup qualification status could look like this:

1st Leinster (Q - Irish Shield);
2nd Ulster (Q - league placing);
3rd Stormers (Q - SA Shield);
4th Sharks;
5th Munster (Q - Champ Cup winners);
6th Bulls (Q - URC winners);
7th Glasgow (Q - Scottish/Italian Shield);
8th Edinburgh (Q - Challenge Cup winners);
9th Scarlets (Q - Welsh Shield)

leaving 4th placed Sharks as the odd ones out and dropping into the Challenge Cup.
Yep, it's URC Winner, HEC Winner, CC Winner, Shield winnerx 4, League Placing x n. Conferences are a bit dumb in this regard
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Colmodon
Bookworm

Post by Colmodon »

Any danger of one of these for the last 4 rounds? Feels like the round after next will be pretty crucial

Cardiff (9) @ Zebre (16) - potential banana skin for Cardiff needing to stay above Os/Scarlets
Stormers (2) @ Leinster (1) - Possibly (but unlikely) a fully loaded stormers coming up, against team between the 6N and Ulster R16
Lions (12) @ Benetton (10)
Dragons (15) @ ospreys (13) -
Edinburgh (11) @ Connacht (8) - win or die game for both
Sharks (7) @ Scarlets (14)
Glasgow (4) @ Munster (5) - huge game in the shake up for playoffs/top 4
Bulls (6) @ Ulster (3) - huge game in the shake up for top 4