Season Ticket Renewal

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

locho
Bookworm

Season Ticket Renewal

Post by locho »

Hi All,

Just wondering what the general thoughts are on the Season Ticket renewal this year in terms of value. Personally i'd given the club a pass the last couple of years in terms of questioning prices etc. especially the €120 donation made in the midst of the pandemic. But now we are coming out of it i was looking at the renewal and a few things jumped out.

1. We keep hearing the Price hasn't changed and that's a bit of misnomer. The headline price hasn't but the number of games has so the average price per game has changed significantly. URC only 9 games at home in Pro12/14 this was 10/11 depending on the season.
2. HEC this year was only 2 home games, i can't seem to find info on next years comp bar 24 teams involved but is this going to be the same format or are they going back to 6 pools of 4 with 3 home games. If its same as this year then we are losing another premium game from Pre-pandemic times.
3. Pre-pandemic the average price was about €19.50 per game in the terrace now it's €24/€25.50 depending on no. of HEC games.

It won't stop me from renewing but it grates a little that they advertise prices as being frozen while not accepting the drop in quantity of matches, and that's before we even get into the general quality of our home games the passed 4 years with most teams conceding before they even get off the bus!
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Re: Season Ticket Renewal

Post by Ruckedtobits »

locho wrote: March 24th, 2022, 2:27 pm Hi All,

Just wondering what the general thoughts are on the Season Ticket renewal this year in terms of value. Personally i'd given the club a pass the last couple of years in terms of questioning prices etc. especially the €120 donation made in the midst of the pandemic. But now we are coming out of it i was looking at the renewal and a few things jumped out.

1. We keep hearing the Price hasn't changed and that's a bit of misnomer. The headline price hasn't but the number of games has so the average price per game has changed significantly. URC only 9 games at home in Pro12/14 this was 10/11 depending on the season.
2. HEC this year was only 2 home games, i can't seem to find info on next years comp bar 24 teams involved but is this going to be the same format or are they going back to 6 pools of 4 with 3 home games. If its same as this year then we are losing another premium game from Pre-pandemic times.
3. Pre-pandemic the average price was about €19.50 per game in the terrace now it's €24/€25.50 depending on no. of HEC games.

It won't stop me from renewing but it grates a little that they advertise prices as being frozen while not accepting the drop in quantity of matches, and that's before we even get into the general quality of our home games the passed 4 years with most teams conceding before they even get off the bus!
+1
rosscarrick
Knowledgeable

Post by rosscarrick »

Its almost the same price if I just pick up individual match tickets.
Considering I may miss at least one home game a season, its just not financially prudent.
Big games are in the Aviva anyway - 90% of RDS games wont sell out.
The French are predictably unpredictable
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

locho wrote: March 24th, 2022, 2:27 pm Hi All,

A lot of valid points there, Locho.

Realistically, I didn't expect Leinster to change their prices, but all three of your points are spot on – we're paying the the same money for fewer games, i.e. we're paying more money. If the price/unit increases, it's a price increase.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

I will probably renew just to keep the seats we have had for 15 years. But if I was north or south stand I'd think seriously about it. Almost always tickets available and missing just 1 game kills any savings. As has been pointed out above.
John23
Enlightened

Post by John23 »

johng wrote:I will probably renew just to keep the seats we have had for 15 years. But if I was north or south stand I'd think seriously about it. Almost always tickets available and missing just 1 game kills any savings. As has been pointed out above.
As a North Stand dweller, I am seriously considering whether to renew or not. I am struggling to see the value as opposed to picking up tickets as the I need them.
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

johng wrote: March 28th, 2022, 5:59 pm I will probably renew just to keep the seats we have had for 15 years. But if I was north or south stand I'd think seriously about it. Almost always tickets available and missing just 1 game kills any savings. As has been pointed out above.
I’m a north stander but will probably renew as I need another scarf! It’s emotional rather than financial at this stage as have had a season ticket since they were first introduced back in Donnybrook days.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Yeah, me and my mates (row of 6 together in Anglesea) have decided not to renew. It's not just the price per game in fairness, though that is a big factor. It's also that we miss way more games than we did for most of the last 10+ years. We all have small kids now etc. I think that they could do a better job on the internal marketplace sales personally. Any time we have put our tickets up for sale, they rarely actually sell. And when they do, you take a major cut. Given you're paying nearly full price per ticket now, that's a sting.

When HEC format is back to normal, we'll see what we do. But for now, it's individual games. I'm sure we'll go to the majority of them anyway, but it doesn't make sense to go this route anymore.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

How many people actually get to every game? Especially given the ridiculous kick off times they're coming up with these days?

I absolutely wouldn't bother anymore if I was still there, and this from a former ST holder living in UK who would never have dreamt of not renewing back in the day.
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

Agree with initial points made but bugger it - I've just renewed- couldn't bring it upon myself not to....they have that effect on me!
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

tingman wrote: March 29th, 2022, 10:23 am Agree with initial points made but bugger it - I've just renewed- couldn't bring it upon myself not to....they have that effect on me!
Go on - admit it. It's the scarf, isn't it? :lol: :lol: :lol:
heno
Knowledgeable

Post by heno »

Do they still do the membership where you only get the scarf and no match tickets? Like a distance member.
I cant see it on the website.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

The way things are going, the scarf will be downgraded to that string-braid thing worn on the wrist/head by GAA fans in the 80's. Still, it should fit in the branded Leinster wash bag (cum dog chew toy) no problems.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

It'll be interesting to see how season ticket sales go this year. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a drop off. Fingers crossed they go well.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

CiaranIrl wrote: April 22nd, 2022, 1:08 pm It'll be interesting to see how season ticket sales go this year. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a drop off. Fingers crossed they go well.
I made about 4 games but still renewed. I keep telling myself that I'll get better value next year!
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Bought the membership for 20/21 but declined for 21/22. Just looking now and it says there's a "waitlist" and no pricing info available

EDIT found the pricing info
Last edited by paddyor on April 22nd, 2022, 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

I get the feeling, based on nothing at all, that ST sales are slow. Maybe it's the barrage of reminders, I even got an SMS today from EVENTALERT about it being last chance saloon to renew. I'm not renewing as I'm moving off a family ticket but will get individual ones.
Dont Panic!
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Dexter wrote: April 22nd, 2022, 2:27 pm I get the feeling, based on nothing at all, that ST sales are slow. Maybe it's the barrage of reminders, I even got an SMS today from EVENTALERT about it being last chance saloon to renew. I'm not renewing as I'm moving off a family ticket but will get individual ones.
Yes they are now using the excuse that the champions cup qtr final tickets have been released and that the period has been extended. Pain in the hole as I was waiting to add a ticket
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

There are potentially 8 knockout games. Of which 6 could be at home.

A season ticket has 11 games.
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

Yeah feels like the season ticket should at least include the home last 16 game in Europe assuming we’re involved.