Benetton v Leinster Sat 5 Mar KO 12.55pm Live on RTE2

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Re: Benetton v Leinster Sat 5 Mar KO 12.55pm Live on RTE2

Post by wixfjord »

Rhys has been great today. Coming back into firm.

Osborne is benefitting from game time too. Looks confident.

McCarthy again with a big carry. The guy is feckin 20 like! Has taken majority of our lineouts too.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

I know it’s an armchair ride but Foley’s service has been great so far.

McCarthy will be delighted to have atoned for the Cardiff game apparently (credit to Hugh Cahill :roll: ). He certainly wasn’t the problem in the Cardiff game.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Banjo claiming that Sam Illo travelled to Treviso with the Leinster squad. Now that would be an actual scoop. I assume he meant Lasisi.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Jackman and Cahill think they’re on a podcast.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Not the most difficult game but McCarthy still carrying hard in the 80th minute like that is pretty impressive.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

And then RTE cut to a presenter who asks “what’s the point”…brilliant.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: March 5th, 2022, 2:40 pm And then RTE cut to a presenter who asks “what’s the point”…brilliant.
Watching the South Africans on a stream and their analysis is better than that. RTE should treat the league with more respect.
Anyone But New Zealand
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Purposely didn't watch it on RTE when I heard HC was commentating.
Dont Panic!
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Was delighted with that until they went back to the 3 boys in studio. Now I’m depressed. :(

Don’t want to be over sensitive but I can’t believe if that had of been any of the other Provence’s there would have been that level of “pointless” talk.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: March 5th, 2022, 2:40 pm And then RTE cut to a presenter who asks “what’s the point”…brilliant.
They only have those conversations when Leinster win big.
Dont Panic!
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

LeinsterLeader wrote: March 5th, 2022, 2:57 pm Was delighted with that until they went back to the 3 boys in studio. Now I’m depressed. :(

Don’t want to be over sensitive but I can’t believe if that had of been any of the other Provence’s there would have been that level of “pointless” talk.
+1
Posted the same time as you
Dont Panic!
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Didn’t hear much talk of “pointless” games after Ulsters big win last night. Be interesting to see if Munster run up big numbers later what will be thoughts around it.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Dexter wrote: March 5th, 2022, 2:54 pm Purposely didn't watch it on RTE when I heard HC was commentating.
Fortunately (and in anticipation of all you heard on RTE from HC), I watched on Premier Sports where Ferris was very even handed and complimentary about Leinster's skill-set and hunger for excellence.
Blue Man
Enlightened

Post by Blue Man »

wixfjord wrote: March 5th, 2022, 2:07 pm Will say it again, Joe McCarthy is so impressive. Big carry there and he was able to stand up and offload, then turned into scrum half and got the ball away from the ruck.
Looked excellent apart from the try where he was asleep as pillar. He’ll get bigger and stronger so could be a genuine tight head lick for ten years
Blue Man
Enlightened

Post by Blue Man »

OTT wrote: March 5th, 2022, 2:25 pm I know it’s an armchair ride but Foley’s service has been great so far.

McCarthy will be delighted to have atoned for the Cardiff game apparently (credit to Hugh Cahill :roll: ). He certainly wasn’t the problem in the Cardiff game.
Foley seemed to get to the breakdown much faster than Luke and has a zippy pass. Opposition were poor and on their knees towards the end but encouraging nonetheless from Foley
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Blue Man wrote: March 5th, 2022, 3:27 pm
OTT wrote: March 5th, 2022, 2:25 pm I know it’s an armchair ride but Foley’s service has been great so far.

Foley seemed to get to the breakdown much faster than Luke and has a zippy pass. Opposition were poor and on their knees towards the end but encouraging nonetheless from Foley
Foley did everything right when on and yes zippy accurate pass. Good little cameo !!
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Ruckedtobits wrote: March 5th, 2022, 3:16 pm
Dexter wrote: March 5th, 2022, 2:54 pm Purposely didn't watch it on RTE when I heard HC was commentating.
Fortunately (and in anticipation of all you heard on RTE from HC), I watched on Premier Sports where Ferris was very even handed and complimentary about Leinster's skill-set and hunger for excellence.
Agreed Ferris is a good lad, only problem is Nugent is the other half of the commentary team !! :) :)
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

FLIP wrote: March 5th, 2022, 2:47 pm
Watching the South Africans on a stream and their analysis is better than that. RTE should treat the league with more respect.
If it were Munster RTE would be glowing in praise.........entirely predictable and tedious at this stage.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Hadn't realised that Ross Byrne was replaced by Dev. Could be a future for the Big Man at fly-half.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Barry
Enlightened

Post by Barry »

cormac wrote:Hadn't realised that Ross Byrne was replaced by Dev. Could be a future for the Big Man at fly-half.
They're getting Dev ready for taking the conversions in the sportsground in a few weeks - payback time

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk