Baird, Healy and Larmour released back to us for this weekend
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Re: Leinster v Ospreys Saturday 19th Feb at 5pm

Post by hugonaut »

Xanthippe wrote: February 14th, 2022, 1:09 pm Baird, Healy and Larmour released back to us for this weekend
Great news. Will be looking for Ryan Baird to give us an energetic 80 mins against the Ospreys, he has only played in two games in the last couple of months. I thought Jordan was hitting some good form as well before the international break, so hopefully he can pick up where he left off and we'll get another weapon in the backline.

Forwards [1-8]: P. Dooley, J. Tracy, M. Ala'alatoa, R. Baird, R. Molony, R. Ruddock, S. Penny, M. Deegan
Backs [9-15]: L. McGrath, R. Byrne, J. Larmour, H.Byrne, R. O'Loughlin, A.Byrne, J. O'Brien
Subs [16-23]: S. Cronin, E. Byrne, V. Abdeladze, D. Toner, M. Moloney, N. McCarthy, J. Osborne, D. Kearney.

EDIT: Vakh in on the bench. Don't see the need for Cian to play, he has played in two test matches in the last two weeks and he is not short on rugby at all – he has played in all five of Ireland's games this year and nine of Leinster's games.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Leinster Rugby wrote:
SQUAD UPDATE – TRIO WELCOMED BACK FROM IRELAND DUTY
February 14, 2022
1:57 pm
Ryan Corry

The Leinster Rugby coaching team have issued an injury update ahead of the URC clash with Ospreys on Saturday (KO 5pm – LIVE on TG4, S4C and Premier Sports).

Leo Cullen and co are able to welcome back Cian Healy, Ryan Baird and Jordan Larmour this weekend as the trio are released from Ireland camp for the fixture.

In other positive news, both Josh Murphy and Dave Kearney came through their returns from injury against Edinburgh without any issue.

Rhys Ruddock, ruled out before the win against the Scottish club, has a minor quad injury and will be further assessed this week before a decision is made on his availability.

Jimmy O’Brien (calf) will also be further assessed this week while James Lowe is due to return to training.

Sadly, Ciarán Frawley sustained a facial injury in the first half against Edinburgh Rugby and had a procedure over the weekend. He will be unavailable for four to six weeks.

There are no further updates on:
Will Connors (knee), Dan Leavy (wrist), Conor O’Brien (hamstring), Michael Milne (calf)
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

hugonaut wrote: February 14th, 2022, 1:40 pm
Xanthippe wrote: February 14th, 2022, 1:09 pm Baird, Healy and Larmour released back to us for this weekend
Great news. Will be looking for Ryan Baird to give us an energetic 80 mins against the Ospreys, he has only played in two games in the last couple of months. I thought Jordan was hitting some good form as well before the international break, so hopefully he can pick up where he left off and we'll get another weapon in the backline.

Forwards [1-8]: P. Dooley, J. Tracy, M. Ala'alatoa, R. Baird, R. Molony, R. Ruddock, S. Penny, M. Deegan
Backs [9-15]: L. McGrath, R. Byrne, J. Larmour, H.Byrne, R. O'Loughlin, A.Byrne, J. O'Brien
Subs [16-23]: S. Cronin, E. Byrne, V. Abdeladze, D. Toner, M. Moloney, N. McCarthy, J. Osborne, D. Kearney.

EDIT: Vakh in on the bench. Don't see the need for Cian to play, he has played in two test matches in the last two weeks and he is not short on rugby at all – he has played in all five of Ireland's games this year and nine of Leinster's games.
If I were a betting man then I'd reckon that both JOB and Ruddock will be a "week too soon" this week. Osbourne didn't look hugely comfortable at 15 last week but that may have been down to rust. I'm not sure who is next in line there.

I assume that Josh Murphy could come in for Ruddock at 6.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Can't imagine Healy has been released back to Leinster merely to train during the week. Ruddock and Jimmy both given the classic "week-too-soon" signals in the injury update.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

the spoofer wrote: February 14th, 2022, 2:08 pm

If I were a betting man then I'd reckon that both JOB and Ruddock will be a "week too soon" this week. Osbourne didn't look hugely comfortable at 15 last week but that may have been down to rust. I'm not sure who is next in line there.

I assume that Josh Murphy could come in for Ruddock at 6.
I would expect Larmour to play full back.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I find the Healy one a bit strange, makes me wonder if he won't be playing Italy.

I'd stick with McCarthy again, thought he'd a pretty good performance and Luke isn't playing well.

Wherever he ends up playing I'd like Osborne to get more touches, thought we were crying out for more involvement from the back three on Friday but nobody really stepped up.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

What about Osbourne at 12 beside Harry Byrne and ROL?
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

Can't see many being released back to the ospreys especially now Cuthbert and Morgan played last weekend

I would expect to see Anscombe released but Myler is proably the better 10 at the moment, we are expecting a few injured players back lydiate should be fit and so should the young back 3 player nagy, lots of talk that North will be involved as well

Scott Badlwin has rejoined so he may figure in the 23 as well

I'd expect something like

nagy giles Collins k Williams protheroe myler webb in the backs

smith parry botha r davies griffithis roots morris lydiate in the pack

bench could be something along the lines of

R Jones Taione/Baldwin henry Ashley Deaves morgan - Williams Anscombe North
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Taking my little people to their first ever Leinster match. I can't wait, fingers crossed they make it through the 80!
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

cormac wrote: February 14th, 2022, 2:40 pm

Can't imagine Healy has been released back to Leinster merely to train during the week. Ruddock and Jimmy both given the classic "week-too-soon" signals in the injury update.
Probably right on all counts. Cian at No1 for the first 40, Josh Murphy @ No6 and Larmour at No15?
Blue Man
Enlightened

Post by Blue Man »

I’d be happy with that side. Still waiting for Harry to show what all of the hype is about. Also, I’d like to see some consistent 80 minute performances from Baird.
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

Saturday, 19 February 2022

Leinster Rugby vs Ospreys Rugby RDS Arena, Dublin - 17h00
Referee: Gianluca Gnecchi
Assistant Referees: Andrew Brace, Dan Carson
Television Match Official: Leo Colgan
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

He's our 4th "first timer" this season after AJ Jacobs (v Dragons A), Marius van der Westhuizen (v Scarlets H) and Adam Byrne last week (v Edinburgh H)
Last edited by Xanthippe on February 15th, 2022, 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

RoboProp wrote: February 14th, 2022, 4:16 pm Taking my little people to their first ever Leinster match. I can't wait, fingers crossed they make it through the 80!
Fingers crossed that you make it through the 80. :lol: :lol:
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

hugonaut wrote: February 14th, 2022, 5:08 pm
cormac wrote: February 14th, 2022, 2:40 pm

Probably right on all counts. Cian at No1 for the first 40, Josh Murphy @ No6 and Larmour at No15?
Was surprised with you selecting Larmour at left wing. I think there is no chance he will play there.
When did he last start at 15 for us? Probably not that long ago, but I can't remember.
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

curates_egg wrote: February 16th, 2022, 12:35 pm
Was surprised with you selecting Larmour at left wing. I think there is no chance he will play there.
When did he last start at 15 for us? Probably not that long ago, but I can't remember.
Against Munster last season in the rainbow cup (? it was in April)

He has 2 starts at 11 this season FWIW
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

RoboProp wrote: February 14th, 2022, 4:16 pm Taking my little people to their first ever Leinster match. I can't wait, fingers crossed they make it through the 80!
I was told years ago that kids need to be kept warm. If they are cold you are screwed - you either go home early or the whining ruins the match.

The advice I was given was to bring 2 foil backed picnic blankets. Turn foil side Up on the seats and sit on that one. Put other blanket over everyone's legs and if really cold stick little hands inside. The blankets also keep the wind off.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

IanD wrote: February 16th, 2022, 4:40 pm
I was told years ago that kids need to be kept warm. If they are cold you are screwed - you either go home early or the whining ruins the match.

The advice I was given was to bring 2 foil backed picnic blankets. Turn foil side Up on the seats and sit on that one. Put other blanket over everyone's legs and if really cold stick little hands inside. The blankets also keep the wind off.
My advice is, don't worry about the rugby you can watch it when you get home! Be daddy cool at the game and they'll want more!
The chocolate coated doughnuts are particularly helpful.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

Don't take your seat until the last safe minute.
I made the mistake, years ago, of taking my 7 year old to a Wasps Leinster game and sitting down 30 mins before kick off.
She thought the warm up was the game and had had enough by 1/2 time.
Only just recently agreed to come to another game with me which was against Munster, so that didn't happen.
You have 1 chance to make their 1st rugby game a happy memory.
No pressure. :D
The odds are good but the goods are odd.