Bath v Leinster Sat 1pm The Rec C4/Virgin/BT

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Bath v Leinster Sat 1pm The Rec C4/Virgin/BT

Post by wixfjord »

The Rec has always been a happy hunting ground for us but Bath have fared a little bit better since the tanking they took in the Aviva pre Xmas (getting their first win of the season) and have a few backline starters back with McConnochie, Joseph and Redpath.

We need a TBP to drive up our seeding and get a second leg at home in round of 16 plus a potential home QF.

Hard to tell with injuries, but assuming Tadhg & Ryan are out and Baird/Larmour available, side I'd go for:

Porter, Kelleher, Mike, Molony, Baird, Doris, VDF, Conan, JGP, Sexton, Lowe, Henshaw, Ringer, Larmour, Keenan
Sheehan, Byrne, Healy, Murphy, Rhys, Luke, Ross, JOB

Could also see Josh Murphy, Frawley and JOB start if Henshaw, Larmour, Baird aren't available.

If Tadhg is out, I'd probably use Cian as backup TH and go for Ed Byrne/Dooley instead of playing Vakh/Clarkson.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Re: Bath v Leinster Sat 1pm The Rec C4/Virgin/BT

Post by cormac »

Would expect Henshaw to be available. He was involved in the pre-match warm-up and also on waterboy duties.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

I'd be having Frawley on the bench ahead of Ross Byrne. Is Harry injured?
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Frawley on paper would seem like a great 22 jersey option, but not sure he's seen as 10 cover at the moment.

He was in the 22 jersey against Dragons away but don't remember him being in it for last few seasons otherwise, or playing much at 10 for that matter.
bronxbull
Knowledgeable

Post by bronxbull »

I thought Frawley's distribution, bar one misplaced pass early on, was excellent and looked very comfortable at 12 against very callow opposition.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

bronxbull wrote: January 17th, 2022, 11:25 am I thought Frawley's distribution, bar one misplaced pass early on, was excellent and looked very comfortable at 12 against very callow opposition.
I think the kid is the real deal. His distribution is outstanding. That being said, Ross Byrne had one his best European games on Sunday, his distribution was excellent and he was carrying to the line very well.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Leo Cullen has issued a new injury update off the back of Leinster Rugby’s 89-7 win over Montpellier in the Heineken Champions Cup on Sunday.

James Ryan, originally named as captain for that contest, was removed from the line-up after picking up a hamstring injury in the captain’s run. He will be further assessed this week before a final decision is made on his involvement.

Tadhg Furlong (calf) and Jordan Larmour (dead leg) picked up knocks during the game and will also be monitored further ahead of the trip to Bath.

There is some good news for Dave Kearney, the winger is set to increase his training load this week as he recovers from a back injury.

There are no further updates on:

Dan Leavy (wrist), Conor O’Brien (hamstring), Michael Milne (calf)
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

It really is a skill to say so little in an injury 'update'.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

wixfjord wrote: January 18th, 2022, 2:13 pm It really is a skill to say so little in an injury 'update'.
Leinster Rugby have it down to a fine art (sic) at this stage. Plus it means eff all with the dreaded captain's run and pre-match warm-up to come, when, as we well know at this stage, anything can happen......
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

riocard911 wrote: January 18th, 2022, 2:45 pm
wixfjord wrote: January 18th, 2022, 2:13 pm It really is a skill to say so little in an injury 'update'.
Leinster Rugby have it down to a fine art (sic) at this stage. Plus it means eff all with the dreaded captain's run and pre-match warm-up to come, when, as we well know at this stage, anything can happen......
It's almost like Leo has been coached by one the country's top PR firms :wink: I wonder if he gets a family discount
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Looks like Robbie H is available for the weekend anyway.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

RoboProp wrote: January 18th, 2022, 3:53 pm
It's almost like Leo has been coached by one the country's top PR firms :wink: I wonder if he gets a family discount
Haha his bro is a dead ringer for him as well, have often wondered if he just slots in for Leo for certain press conferences.

Leo is definitely very, very well PR trained.
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

While the Rec is a happy hunting ground for us the pitch itself is really an anti pitch towards the way we play. Getting a TBP will be a tough task even against a poor bath side. Really gutted I’m not going to it this time, bath always great away venue to go to
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Theleinsterlad wrote: January 18th, 2022, 4:42 pm While the Rec is a happy hunting ground for us the pitch itself is really an anti pitch towards the way we play. Getting a TBP will be a tough task even against a poor bath side. Really gutted I’m not going to it this time, bath always great away venue to go to
Yep, I'd take any win and then roll the dice for whoever in the last 16. I'd fancy us against anyone home & away.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

wixfjord wrote: January 18th, 2022, 4:37 pm

Haha his bro is a dead ringer for him as well, have often wondered if he just slots in for Leo for certain press conferences.

He's excellent. He never gives anything away. He was measured and affable on Sunday even though you know he wanted to call the ERC a shower of dicks.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

wixfjord wrote: January 18th, 2022, 4:37 pm

Leo trains the trainers!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Baird training as well. I wonder will we stay with Murphy as second row or bring him in.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Despite all the losses Bath have only given up 2 TBPs at home this year, Glos and Sarries.

Last time we played there it was a bit sticky alright.

Hopefully the weather is good and we have the pack to take the on.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

wixfjord wrote: January 18th, 2022, 5:06 pm Despite all the losses Bath have only given up 2 TBPs at home this year, Glos and Sarries.

I was at that game, the weather and pitch were seriously hostile. We also go schooled by their backrow which I really don't expect this time. They are a proud club and it depends on their attitude I guess, they're out of this already and they have 3 guys in the England squad who might want to avoid injury..... We should be ok but I wonder what the mindset will be, will they go in looking for the win or the bonus point win?
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

wixfjord wrote: January 18th, 2022, 5:06 pm Despite all the losses Bath have only given up 2 TBPs at home this year, Glos and Sarries.

Forecast is good. No rain.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish