Leinster V Montpellier 16th Jan 2021

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Re: Leinster V Montpellier 16th Jan 2021

Post by Flash Gordon »

wixfjord wrote: January 17th, 2022, 1:35 pm
the spoofer wrote: January 17th, 2022, 1:29 pm Ross Molony has become the player I always hoped he'd be. He is a top class player and should be in the Irish set up as one of our four locks. Yes, he is behind Ryan, Henderson and Beirne but I'd have him next in the pecking order.
He has been really, really impressive.

Clearly a born leader. He has cut out the handling errors from his game.
Good lineout operator and defensive jumper.

But most importantly he has really upped the aggression.

Both he and Murphy carry with such pace and move onto the ball in a way that's almost wreckless to their own safety, which makes them far more effective.

I still think it'll be hard for us to win a Champions Cup with Ryan/Molony as the lock pairing, but then again maybe the extra bulk and power from the front row may compensate for that a little bit.
He was very good again at the weekend and really worked his socks off. He made 18 tackles You know when you're making more tackles than Josh in a game that you've had a good day at office. Clearly a leader too. Let's hope he kicks on and keeps getting better.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Without wanting to slight the efforts of the other members of the squad in any way, but since the start of this season the two Leinster players, who strike me personally as playing with the greatest intent and "attitude", have been Andrew Porter and Ross Moloney. The two of them are taking no prisoners and letting the opposition know it!!! And it is great to see!!!!
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Flash Gordon wrote: January 17th, 2022, 2:24 pm
the spoofer wrote: January 17th, 2022, 1:29 pm Ross Molony has become the player I always hoped he'd be. He is a top class player and should be in the Irish set up as one of our four locks. Yes, he is behind Ryan, Henderson and Beirne but I'd have him next in the pecking order.

Both he and Murphy carry with such pace and move onto the ball in a way that's almost wreckless to their own safety, which makes them far more effective.

I still think it'll be hard for us to win a Champions Cup with Ryan/Molony as the lock pairing, but then again maybe the extra bulk and power from the front row may compensate for that a little bit.
He was very good again at the weekend and really worked his socks off. He made 18 tackles You know when you're making more tackles than Josh in a game that you've had a good day at office. Clearly a leader too. Let's hope he kicks on and keeps getting better.
The relevance of tackle stats are seriously questionable when the possession & territory stats are 75/25 % in favour of Leinster. Molony did very well and has improved each Season, but unfortunately he may just lack 3/4 cms and a corresponding 5/7 kg to be capable of giving the same performance at international level.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

The Doc wrote: January 17th, 2022, 10:12 am
Flash Gordon wrote: January 17th, 2022, 9:50 am
Xanthippe wrote: January 16th, 2022, 11:09 pm So much for reducing the numbers to 5000 so we could be socially distanced

Don’t know about the North, South or Grandstands but the Anglesea was fairly well packed. Nic and I had people in the seats immediately to our left and right and a group of five lads directly behind us - stand felt fuller than it was for the Connacht and Ulster games.

One great thing about the lack of crowd noise was being able to hear the communication between players - Ross Moloney got through some amount of work both physically and verbally. He was, without a shadow of a doubt, the pack leader today and he was simply fantastic.
The 5K limit was absolutely farcical to be honest. I had tickets in the Anglesea which was pretty full. We were looking over to the grandstand where our usual seats are and the area was empty. I saw the same at Lansdowne Road when attendances were limited and at the 3 Arena. You wonder do the people who make these rules ever leave the house!
The limits in attendance aren't about spreading the crowd out through the stadium - it's to reduce the numbers arriving at the stadium and milling around outside and at the bars etc
Still makes no sense. 5k at the Sportsground where the capacity is 8k. The RDS is perfect from the point of view of entry and preventing the milling around/mixing. Are there 4? or more entrances that could be used all from different directions, its a pretty large ground. The bars have their rules, and again loads of them. For instance (back in normal times); we used to drop off the train at Tara Street or Pearse and have cupla deoch in Mulligans of Poolbeg street. Sh1t... I'm reminiscing!!!
leinster.not.D4
Beginner

Post by leinster.not.D4 »

Oldschool wrote: January 16th, 2022, 8:54 pm
leinster.not.D4 wrote: January 16th, 2022, 8:36 pm
Oldschoolsocks wrote: January 16th, 2022, 8:07 pm

Fair enough, I have always only heard the word fairy as a homophobic slur - I have never heard of lawn fairy as a soccer player

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fairy

slang, offensive : a gay person —used as a term of abuse and disparagement
Strangly enough I had heard the word fairy used in many non homophobic ways.
As a way to describe little people with wings
As a form of bland bun
As a term of endearment for diveball
Many others.
Many words can be pounced upon by those seeking offence and honestly if I were to choose to be offensive I could do so much better. However I acknowledge your right to feel upset and recommend that you try to read comments as they are without your "I'm offended" filter turned on. Due to newstalk being unable to keep a voice channel open I was reduced to listening to Liverpool and some other town in the UK I have no interest in playing a "sport" that bores me to tears instead of listening to my beloved leinster. Was I pissed off hell yes. So I asked for a score update and get accused of being homophobic.
I see you're only a "beginner" god bless you.
For what it's worth if I want to know the meaning of a word I look it up in my Oxford dictionary, admittedly a few years out of date.
Urban dictionaries wouldn't be a source I'd check or even rely on.
No doubt due to the unnecessary treatment you have received here you'll probably not post again.
That would be a pity.
I'm not sure how much of a beginner I am. I don't post much but I've been on this page since 2009 and while I don't post much I read a lot. I've been attending matches since the dark days in the early 2000s when there were more lunsters than leinster supporters. I will post again. I seem to find an average of 2 posts a year is my sweet spot.
Unfortunately as an athlete in another sport my ability to attend the rds/lansdown tends to be limited due to overseas tournaments but I find this board a great way to keep current.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Ruckedtobits wrote: January 17th, 2022, 6:51 pm
Flash Gordon wrote: January 17th, 2022, 2:24 pm

The relevance of tackle stats are seriously questionable when the possession & territory stats are 75/25 % in favour of Leinster. Molony did very well and has improved each Season, but unfortunately he may just lack 3/4 cms and a corresponding 5/7 kg to be capable of giving the same performance at international level.
According to our website, they had 44% possession:

https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/match-stat ... d=21LM7820

Have to admit I was surprised by that but they did spend quite a bit of time with some fairly uninspiring possession, one out into contact. Not helped by the fact that we conceded 19 turnovers - Leo spoke about that immediately after the match.

I guess not everyone has to be an international to do a job. Rhys, Jenno etc were always on the fringes but have been 2 of our greatest servants.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us