Leinster V Montpellier 16th Jan 2021

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Re: Leinster V Montpellier 16th Jan 2021

Post by Xanthippe »

So much for reducing the numbers to 5000 so we could be socially distanced

Don’t know about the North, South or Grandstands but the Anglesea was fairly well packed. Nic and I had people in the seats immediately to our left and right and a group of five lads directly behind us - stand felt fuller than it was for the Connacht and Ulster games.

One great thing about the lack of crowd noise was being able to hear the communication between players - Ross Moloney got through some amount of work both physically and verbally. He was, without a shadow of a doubt, the pack leader today and he was simply fantastic.
Last edited by Xanthippe on January 16th, 2022, 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

I was talking about the 2004 game when the attendance was very close to the current limit. Shows how much the game has grown.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

ronk wrote: January 16th, 2022, 11:14 pm I was talking about the 2004 game when the attendance was very close to the current limit. Shows how much the game has grown.
Yep sorry, noticed that after I’d posted my reply so I’ve amended it
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Barry
Enlightened

Post by Barry »

wixfjord wrote:Mike Alaalatoa is a cracking player.

Would have no fear of him starting big games for us.

Properly powerful in carry, tackle and ruck, good scrummager and clearly well trained by Crusaders in playing the type of game we expect props to play.
Thought he was excellent today - a really good signing.
Furlong's calf was very heavily strapped after the game so wouldn't be surprised if Mike starts in Bath next weekend

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

89 points is some haul. Montpellier were humiliated.
Cant really rate the players performances due to the pathetic opposition they faced but JOB did a job on the wing, lovely try. Good to see them not letting up in the 2nd half like we sometimes do.
:clap: to Plumber and co for having the lads prepped so well after our long break.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Xanthippe wrote: January 16th, 2022, 11:09 pm So much for reducing the numbers to 5000 so we could be socially distanced

Don’t know about the North, South or Grandstands but the Anglesea was fairly well packed. Nic and I had people in the seats immediately to our left and right and a group of five lads directly behind us - stand felt fuller than it was for the Connacht and Ulster games.

One great thing about the lack of crowd noise was being able to hear the communication between players - Ross Moloney got through some amount of work both physically and verbally. He was, without a shadow of a doubt, the pack leader today and he was simply fantastic.
The 5K limit was absolutely farcical to be honest. I had tickets in the Anglesea which was pretty full. We were looking over to the grandstand where our usual seats are and the area was empty. I saw the same at Lansdowne Road when attendances were limited and at the 3 Arena. You wonder do the people who make these rules ever leave the house!
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Dave Cahill wrote: January 16th, 2022, 10:25 pm
desperado wrote: January 16th, 2022, 10:23 pm
Oldschoolsocks wrote: January 16th, 2022, 9:53 pm Apparently we put a hockey score on Bourgoin in 2004
If I recall; That's when Drico p#$%ked his 'ring up'' after scoring a try sprinting the length of the pitch being chased by some very big winger? of Polynesian? extraction. I could be wrong though
You are I'm afraid, that was against Agen two seasons later, and the big winger was the legendary Caucaunibuca
The man with the fattest arse in world rugby at the time but boy could he shift! Drico's first try was hilarious, he was jogging about 20 meters behind him before suddenly deciding he could be arsed an actually catches him. The lad was like lightening!
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Flash Gordon wrote: January 17th, 2022, 9:50 am
Xanthippe wrote: January 16th, 2022, 11:09 pm So much for reducing the numbers to 5000 so we could be socially distanced

The 5K limit was absolutely farcical to be honest. I had tickets in the Anglesea which was pretty full. We were looking over to the grandstand where our usual seats are and the area was empty. I saw the same at Lansdowne Road when attendances were limited and at the 3 Arena. You wonder do the people who make these rules ever leave the house!
The limits in attendance aren't about spreading the crowd out through the stadium - it's to reduce the numbers arriving at the stadium and milling around outside and at the bars etc
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

Flash Gordon wrote: January 17th, 2022, 10:10 am
desperado wrote: January 16th, 2022, 10:23 pm

If I recall; That's when Drico p#$%ked his 'ring up'' after scoring a try sprinting the length of the pitch being chased by some very big winger? of Polynesian? extraction. I could be wrong though
You are I'm afraid, that was against Agen two seasons later, and the big winger was the legendary Caucaunibuca
The man with the fattest arse in world rugby at the time but boy could he shift! Drico's first try was hilarious, he was jogging about 20 meters behind him before suddenly deciding he could be arsed an actually catches him. The lad was like lightening!
I'm pretty sure I've heard O'Driscoll say he was the best player he ever played against.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

The Doc wrote: January 17th, 2022, 10:12 am
Flash Gordon wrote: January 17th, 2022, 9:50 am

The limits in attendance aren't about spreading the crowd out through the stadium - it's to reduce the numbers arriving at the stadium and milling around outside and at the bars etc
Yeah but because of the reduced crowd they reduced the number of bars and catering trucks so the ones that were open were as busy as ever! I'd also say that access to the RDS is pretty good and dispersed, we have loads of different access points. Alternatively we could have played the game in the Aviva with reduced capacity. Don't want to get into a covid policy discussion but I really don't think the 5k limit yesterday made a blind bit of difference to anything.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

nc6000 wrote: January 17th, 2022, 10:14 am

I'm pretty sure I've heard O'Driscoll say he was the best player he ever played against.
Yeah, I think I heard him say that and comment on how good a player he might have been if he'd been fit!!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Oldschool wrote: January 16th, 2022, 9:06 pm
Oldschoolsocks wrote: January 16th, 2022, 8:56 pm
leinster.not.D4 wrote: January 16th, 2022, 8:36 pm
Strangly enough I had heard the word fairy used in many non homophobic ways.
As a way to describe little people with wings doesn't fit in the context you used it
As a form of bland bun doesn't fit in the context you used it
As a term of endearment for diveball doesn't fit in the context you used it
Many others.
Many words can be pounced upon by those seeking offence and honestly if I were to choose to be offensive I could do so much better.I know, you're probably very talented However I acknowledge your right to feel upset and recommend that you try to read comments as they are without your "I'm offended" filter turned on. I'm not offended at all, genuinely zero fox given Due to newstalk being unable to keep a voice channel open I was reduced to listening to Liverpool and some other town in the UK I have no interest in playing a "sport" that bores me to tears instead of listening to my beloved leinster agreed, that is shite. Was I pissed off hell yes. So I asked for a score update and get accused of being homophobic.That can happen, to take your own advice you could have read the response to your comment without your "I'm offended" filter on
responses above in this color

as I said, I thought it wasn't a great phrase to use at the time, but it's all good you do you.
So it's official then, you've been nominated for sainthood.
Alas, not just yet.
From a while back.
Oldschoolsocks wrote: October 23rd, 2015, 1:25 pm What a tangled web we weave... you're jumping through hoops now AB0,
D'Arcy says we need to improve underage coaching, rugby is very much a minority sport, playing better opposition forces you to play better.
can all be summed up as stop playing bogball and wendyball, invest in underage coaching and play better teams internationally.
I suppose nobodies perfect.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

nc6000 wrote: January 17th, 2022, 10:14 am

He must have been at least the fastest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoHwEfVTytg
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

blockhead wrote: January 17th, 2022, 10:45 am
Oldschoolsocks wrote: January 16th, 2022, 8:56 pm

responses above in this color

as I said, I thought it wasn't a great phrase to use at the time, but it's all good you do you.
Alas, not just yet.
From a while back.
Oldschoolsocks wrote: October 23rd, 2015, 1:25 pm What a tangled web we weave... you're jumping through hoops now AB0,
D'Arcy says we need to improve underage coaching, rugby is very much a minority sport, playing better opposition forces you to play better.
can all be summed up as stop playing bogball and wendyball, invest in underage coaching and play better teams internationally.
How do you quote two ppl, I’ve never figured that out
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: January 17th, 2022, 11:12 am

Alas, not just yet.
From a while back.
You just put two quote blocks in one message.
Or from below the reply window you can select multiple messages to quote:
blockhead wrote: January 17th, 2022, 9:03 am 89 points is some haul. Montpellier were humiliated.
Cant really rate the players performances due to the pathetic opposition they faced but JOB did a job on the wing, lovely try. Good to see them not letting up in the 2nd half like we sometimes do.
:clap: to Plumber and co for having the lads prepped so well after our long break.
ronk wrote: January 16th, 2022, 11:14 pm I was talking about the 2004 game when the attendance was very close to the current limit. Shows how much the game has grown.
With the right knowledge, you can even quote something somebody didn't actually say:
Oldschoolsocks wrote: October 23rd, 2015, 1:25 pm Oldschool is actually my da
Click quote on my post to see what I mean.
Anyone But New Zealand
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

FLIP wrote: January 17th, 2022, 12:57 pm

Alas, not just yet.
From a while back.

blockhead wrote: January 17th, 2022, 9:03 am 89 points is some haul. Montpellier were humiliated.
With the right knowledge, you can even quote something somebody didn't actually say:
Good man Flip, I did get a little bit sick in my mouth when i realised Oldschool is actually my da though
Last edited by Oldschoolsocks on January 17th, 2022, 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

C
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

FLIP wrote: January 17th, 2022, 12:57 pm

Alas, not just yet.
From a while back.

Jaysus! The possibilities are endless. Must try that out some time..... :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Ross Molony has become the player I always hoped he'd be. He is a top class player and should be in the Irish set up as one of our four locks. Yes, he is behind Ryan, Henderson and Beirne but I'd have him next in the pecking order.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

the spoofer wrote: January 17th, 2022, 1:29 pm Ross Molony has become the player I always hoped he'd be. He is a top class player and should be in the Irish set up as one of our four locks. Yes, he is behind Ryan, Henderson and Beirne but I'd have him next in the pecking order.
He has been really, really impressive.

Clearly a born leader. He has cut out the handling errors from his game.
Good lineout operator and defensive jumper.

But most importantly he has really upped the aggression.

Both he and Murphy carry with such pace and move onto the ball in a way that's almost wreckless to their own safety, which makes them far more effective.

I still think it'll be hard for us to win a Champions Cup with Ryan/Molony as the lock pairing, but then again maybe the extra bulk and power from the front row may compensate for that a little bit.