Re: Montpellier v Leinster Friday 17th 8pm

Post by wixfjord »

Lock9541 wrote: December 15th, 2021, 4:55 pm
mildlyinterested wrote: December 15th, 2021, 3:50 pm
Lock9541 wrote: December 15th, 2021, 3:31 pm
They’re hardly gonna arrive at the airport and go straight to the game
why not?
They’d surely need to do captains run in the stadium the day before hand
Not necessarily. They wouldn't do that for most URC games or certainly any games on provincial away games I think.
TMC
Knowledgeable

Post by TMC »

Dont want to put a pin in any conspiracy theories but why would Leinster use Hibernian Airlines when Cityjet are their partner & sponsor and do charter flights too? Can anyone point to instances where they have used a charter from this company before?
Suspect it more likely this is a charter that had been lined up by someone like Killester travel than they have now realised they wont fill.
DMR2004
Learner

Post by DMR2004 »

To add further to the mix..
there are no odds available on Paddy Power for Leinsters match on Friday..?
Bookies rarely wrong?Image
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

TMC wrote: December 15th, 2021, 5:55 pm Dont want to put a pin in any conspiracy theories but why would Leinster use Hibernian Airlines when Cityjet are their partner & sponsor and do charter flights too? Can anyone point to instances where they have used a charter from this company before?
Suspect it more likely this is a charter that had been lined up by someone like Killester travel than they have now realised they wont fill.
Flights may be arranged by EPRC, and they might have been quoted a price from Hibernian Airlines, which is Dublin based. Purely speculation on my part BTW.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

TMC wrote: December 15th, 2021, 5:55 pm Dont want to put a pin in any conspiracy theories but why would Leinster use Hibernian Airlines when Cityjet are their partner & sponsor and do charter flights too? Can anyone point to instances where they have used a charter from this company before?
Murry K reporting in the42, that Leinster rescheduled tomorrow's planned flight for Friday morning. According to himself, it appears, that both clubs are "waiting for the other to blink". An interesting turn of phrase, considering I first saw its use today - in the context of this fixture - on this particular thread.
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

They’re making the final decision on the match tomorrow. Makes sense to reschedule the flight until after the game has been confirmed. We’re surely looking to avoid a similar scenario to the clubs that got stuck in South Africa.

https://the42.ie/5631116
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

riocard911 wrote: December 15th, 2021, 6:11 pm
Murry K reporting in the42, that Leinster rescheduled tomorrow's planned flight for Friday morning. According to himself, it appears, that both clubs are "waiting for the other to blink". An interesting turn of phrase, considering I first saw its use today - in the context of this fixture - on this particular thread.
Large sections of his articles were often said here before he published. He says lots of new things too.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

ronk wrote: December 15th, 2021, 6:18 pm
riocard911 wrote: December 15th, 2021, 6:11 pm
Large sections of his articles were often said here before he published. He says lots of new things too.

Far be if from me to cast aspersions in MK's direction. I'm sure I'm not the only one thinks he's best rugby journalist in the country!!! :)
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
nopeare
Enlightened

Post by nopeare »

cormac wrote: December 14th, 2021, 3:35 pm https://www.sportsfile.com/more-images/775751670/

Link to training photos
Looking at who’s named in the photo descriptions and I can see toner and molony been lifted the below is a potential team, light on backs but there are 6 front rows and enough to play

Prop - Healy, porter, Clarkson, abdaladze
Hooker - Sheehan, kelleher
Second row - Baird, dunne, molony, toner
Back row - Conan, Murphy, dorris, deegan, leavy
Scrum half - Foley, McCarthy, McGrath
Out half - Ross byrne
Centres - frawley, o’loughlin
Backs - Lowe, Jimmy O’Brien, Tommy O’Brien

1 Healy
2 kelleher
3 Porter
4 Baird
5 molony
6 Dorris
7 leavy
8 conan
9 McGrath
10 Ross byrne
11 Lowe
12 frawley
13 O’Loughlin
14 Jimmy O’Brien
15 Tommy O’Brien

16 Sheehan
17 Clarkson
18 abdaladze
19 toner
20 deegan
21 McCarthy
22 Foley
23 josh Murphy

24 man - dunne

Spellings and format maybe a bit off with doing it on my phone
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

"Leinster and Montpellier have been in dialogue with each other and the tournament organisers and it could be a case of waiting to see which of them blinks first. In the event that they blink simultaneously, and it is established that neither side can fulfil the fixture, the EPCR could cancel the game and subsequently decide on the result, there being the option of awarding a draw and two match points apiece."

So with that being said, if you were Leocaster........ would you take 2 points now?
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

LeinsterLeader wrote: December 15th, 2021, 9:32 pm "Leinster and Montpellier have been in dialogue with each other and the tournament organisers and it could be a case of waiting to see which of them blinks first. In the event that they blink simultaneously, and it is established that neither side can fulfil the fixture, the EPCR could cancel the game and subsequently decide on the result, there being the option of awarding a draw and two match points apiece."

So with that being said, if you were Leocaster........ would you take 2 points now?
If it was 28 all, 'twould be 🎄 points....
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

... Doubler...
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

nopeare wrote: December 15th, 2021, 8:04 pm
cormac wrote: December 14th, 2021, 3:35 pm https://www.sportsfile.com/more-images/775751670/

Link to training photos
Looking at who’s named in the photo descriptions and I can see toner and molony been lifted the below is a potential team, light on backs but there are 6 front rows and enough to play

Out half - Ross byrne

1 Healy
2 kelleher
3 Porter
4 Baird
5 molony
6 Dorris
7 leavy
8 conan
9 McGrath
10 Ross byrne
11 Lowe
12 frawley
13 O’Loughlin
14 Jimmy O’Brien
15 Tommy O’Brien

16 Sheehan
17 Clarkson
18 abdaladze
19 toner
20 deegan
21 McCarthy
22 Foley
23 josh Murphy

24 man - dunne

Swap JOB and TOB around there I'd say.
That's not Ringrose in the background of photo 2135515, is it, behind Ross Byrne?
TMC
Knowledgeable

Post by TMC »

Balls. Totally and utterly wrong on this. Hopefully we can cobble together a team like the one outlined above.
On a side bar not a great look to be using a Cityjet competitor - unless organised by EPR
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Still time for the outbreak to get worse.

Flying in same day gives us a tighter squad and less chance of disruption. Also lets the others focus on the next game. With a 9 day break to the Munster game it might suit to give players a break after this game.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

nopeare wrote: December 15th, 2021, 8:04 pm

Link to training photos

Out half - Ross byrne

1 Healy
2 kelleher
3 Porter
4 Baird
5 molony
6 Dorris
7 leavy
8 conan
9 McGrath
10 Ross byrne
11 Lowe
12 frawley
13 O’Loughlin
14 Jimmy O’Brien
15 Tommy O’Brien

16 Sheehan
17 Clarkson
18 abdaladze
19 toner
20 deegan
21 McCarthy
22 Foley
23 josh Murphy

24 man - dunne

Fair play for the effort there
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

From the Inpho photos from the same training session you can also clearly see the likes of Ed and Adam Byrne, Scott Penny and Sean Cronin.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

Perhaps a game of chicken - but doesn’t it make sense to wait until today- get PCR test which will remain valid for the return to Dublin. This way no one gets potentially trapped there?
heno
Knowledgeable

Post by heno »

TMC wrote:
Balls. Totally and utterly wrong on this. Hopefully we can cobble together a team like the one outlined above.
On a side bar not a great look to be using a Cityjet competitor - unless organised by EPR
Hibernian are owned by air nostrum. The parent of air nostrum and the parent of cityjet merged a few years ago. So they are kinda like half sister airlines.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk