Leinster v. Connacht, FRI 03 DEC, 1945hrs, Beo ar TG4 agus Premier Sport 2

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Leinster v. Connacht, FRI 03 DEC, 1945hrs, Beo ar TG4 agus Premier Sport 2

Post by Twist »

Well, at least we don't have to wait too long for a little bit of redemption.

To be honest I'd start a good few of the lads who underperformed last week. We need them playing at the required level and they won't get there by having even more time idle.

At the same time we need to re-integrate guys returning from injury, continue the development of younger players and, above all, win the game.

I'd start Connors & Deegan in the backrow. Connors looked good against Ulster and we know he's a test-level player at his best. Deegan looked out of place. I suspect that'd in part down to the make up on the backrow, but he needs game time. I'd like to see them play with Scott Penny, but I'm not sure that works as a Unit.

Harry probably needs a start, so he can stop trying to wow everybody within a 10 minute window.
Last edited by Twist on November 29th, 2021, 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Leinster v. Connacht, FRI 03 DEC, 1945hrs.

Post by neill_m »

Game on TG4.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Connacht will smell blood and will try to do the same.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

neill_m wrote: November 29th, 2021, 12:20 pmGame on TG4.
Thanks, updated the title
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Re: Leinster v. Connacht, FRI 03 DEC, 1945hrs, Beo ar TG4

Post by RoboProp »

I think we will be loaded for bear for this match. It's the westies at home so fully expecting the kitchen sink to make an appearance
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

RoboProp wrote: November 29th, 2021, 2:43 pm I think we will be loaded for bear for this match. It's the westies at home so fully expecting the kitchen sink to make an appearance
Always a very difficult game that they are up for. They have been able to keep the group together over the break and will have targeted this game. We'll need big guns for this battle.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

After failing to get any points vs Ulster, this next game is in terms not just of the league table, but the provincial shield, a must win. I also imagine, that Connacht will pose a greater challenge than Bath, who are currently languishing at the bottom of the Prem with 8 losses from 8 starts, a week later. Harry to start with J10 - "break glass in case of emergency" - on the bench would be my own personal preference.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Look out Itchy, he's Irish
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Flash Gordon wrote: November 29th, 2021, 2:46 pm
RoboProp wrote: November 29th, 2021, 2:43 pm I think we will be loaded for bear for this match. It's the westies at home so fully expecting the kitchen sink to make an appearance
Always a very difficult game that they are up for. They have been able to keep the group together over the break and will have targeted this game. We'll need big guns for this battle.
I'm more concerned with attitude than personnel. When I think of how Ringrose was jumping back to his feet and flying into rucks for Ireland we need the same kind of savage work rate in reaction to the fairly pathetic effort on Saturday.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

cormac wrote: November 29th, 2021, 3:49 pm Injury update

https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/leo-cullen ... d=21LC1836
James Ryan "seeing an independent concussion consultant as part of his return to competitive action" doesn't sound great. Fingers crossed for him!!!
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

riocard911 wrote: November 29th, 2021, 4:18 pm

James Ryan "seeing an independent concussion consultant as part of his return to competitive action" doesn't sound great. Fingers crossed for him!!!
Hopefully nothing more than a formality. On the one hand it sounds bad but, on the other, it's encouraging that players returning from concussions go through these protocols.

He was pictured at training today as were all the other fully fit returning internationals.

https://www.sportsfile.com/more-images/2111118/#29
Last edited by cormac on November 29th, 2021, 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

double post-ignore
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

cormac wrote: November 29th, 2021, 4:34 pm
riocard911 wrote: November 29th, 2021, 4:18 pm

Hopefully nothing more than a formality. On the one hand it sounds bad but, on the other, it's encouraging that players returning from concussions go through these protocols.

He was pictured at training today as were all the other fully fit returning internationals.

https://www.sportsfile.com/more-images/2111118/#29
To many smiling in those picture. I expected to see some of them crying after the bollocking they would have got this morning :wink:
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

I'm surprised that Conan is still injured given that it was supposed to be touch and go up to the day of the Argentina game. Given the update, I guess we could be looking at something like:

Porter, Kelleher, Big Mike, Baird, Molony, Ruddock, VDF, Doris, McGrath, Harry Byrne, Lowe, Henshaw, Ringrose, Larmour, Keenan
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Based on evidence of last Saturday, I'd expect to see Connors for Ruddock and Adam Byrne for Larmour in that line-up. I certainly wouldn't expect to see H Byrne start opposite Carty.
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

riocard911 wrote: November 29th, 2021, 3:00 pm After failing to get any points vs Ulster, this next game is in terms not just of the league table, but the provincial shield, a must win. I also imagine, that Connacht will pose a greater challenge than Bath, who are currently languishing at the bottom of the Prem with 8 losses from 8 starts, a week later. Harry to start with J10 - "break glass in case of emergency" - on the bench would be my own personal preference.
Have you forgotten; J10 injured, most likely won't have him for Bath and personally I don't think we'll see him for Montpellier.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Ruckedtobits wrote: November 29th, 2021, 9:49 pm Based on evidence of last Saturday, I'd expect to see Connors for Ruddock and Adam Byrne for Larmour in that line-up. I certainly wouldn't expect to see H Byrne start opposite Carty.
I kinda felt that subbing Larmour and Ruddock out might have been because they'll get another game in 6 days. I'd say Connors will come on via the bench again as he builds up match fitness. No idea which Byrne will play, but as someone else said above, he needs a shot at some proper minutes at some stage.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

desperado wrote: November 29th, 2021, 11:56 pm
riocard911 wrote: November 29th, 2021, 3:00 pm After failing to get any points vs Ulster, this next game is in terms not just of the league table, but the provincial shield, a must win. I also imagine, that Connacht will pose a greater challenge than Bath, who are currently languishing at the bottom of the Prem with 8 losses from 8 starts, a week later. Harry to start with J10 - "break glass in case of emergency" - on the bench would be my own personal preference.
Have you forgotten; J10 injured, most likely won't have him for Bath and personally I don't think we'll see him for Montpellier.
Yes, I had done. Thanks for the correction.
betty swallocks
Bookworm

Post by betty swallocks »

CiaranIrl wrote: November 29th, 2021, 8:54 pm I'm surprised that Conan is still injured given that it was supposed to be touch and go up to the day of the Argentina game. Given the update, I guess we could be looking at something like:

Porter, Kelleher, Big Mike, Baird, Molony, Ruddock, VDF, Doris, McGrath, Harry Byrne, Lowe, Henshaw, Ringrose, Larmour, Keenan
Would be surprised to see Henshaw face Connacht.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

betty swallocks wrote: November 30th, 2021, 9:28 am
CiaranIrl wrote: November 29th, 2021, 8:54 pm I'm surprised that Conan is still injured given that it was supposed to be touch and go up to the day of the Argentina game. Given the update, I guess we could be looking at something like:

Would be surprised to see Henshaw face Connacht.
He's a professional and paid by Leinster so hopefully that doesn't come into it. This is an important game for us against a good team, we need our strongest XV out there. Is "Big Mike" impacted by the Barbarians covid issue? I'd imagine that given his name doesn't appear on the injured list that he is available.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us