Leinster vs Ulster, RDS, 27/11/21, 8pm

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Re: Leinster vs Ulster, RDS, 27/11/21, 8pm

Post by wixfjord »

(15-9) Mike Lowry, Craig Gilroy, James Hume, Stuart McCloskey, Ethan McIlroy, Billy Burns, John Cooney;

(1-8) Andrew Warwick, Rob Herring, Marty Moore, Alan O’Connor (Capt.), Sam Carter, Greg Jones, Nick Timoney, David McCann.

Replacements: Tom Stewart, Eric O’Sullivan, Ross Kane, Mick Kearney, Marcus Rea, Nathan Doak, Angus Curtis, Rob Lyttle.

Ulster backline looks good. We should have the nudge on that pack though.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

I'd say its more likely that Ruddock would move in the row again, ceteris paribus!
I have Bumbleflex
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Great to see Will Connors back
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Will Connors ! Yay.

Light on lock cover.

Interesting that Ruddock isn't captain but congrats to Luke. Hugely experienced side. Really looking forward to the midfield battle.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Very exciting team named! Is there a case for us signing a NIQ lock for next season with Dev probably moving on?
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

Keith wrote: November 26th, 2021, 12:34 pm Very exciting team named! Is there a case for us signing a NIQ lock for next season with Dev probably moving on?
There were rumours to that effect in an article this week, no names.
elephantman
Knowledgeable

Post by elephantman »

Good team but disappointing not to see Tommy O’Brien starting on the wing. I like Adam Byrne but Tommy should be getting as much gametime as possible.

On a side note, a five week break for the URC is ridiculous.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

neill_m wrote: November 26th, 2021, 12:35 pm
Keith wrote: November 26th, 2021, 12:34 pm Very exciting team named! Is there a case for us signing a NIQ lock for next season with Dev probably moving on?
There were rumours to that effect in an article this week, no names.
Interesting, I wonder would the IRFU allow it.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

elephantman wrote: November 26th, 2021, 12:39 pm Good team but disappointing not to see Tommy O’Brien starting on the wing. I like Adam Byrne but Tommy should be getting as much gametime as possible.

On a side note, a five week break for the URC is ridiculous.
Agree on TOB, but AB has been brilliant since he came back in fairness, and is a real physical weapon in terms of how we're now using our wingers coming inside.

He could definitely be starting against Bath in a few weeks with DK out.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

wixfjord wrote: November 26th, 2021, 11:59 am Strong looking side.

Max in the second row bench spot is interesting. That would've been Dunne surely if he wasn't on Baa Baas duty.

Basically we had to play Tadhg, who has started three AIs in a row at TH because Big Mike isn't around. Looks like Leo et al don't have same faith in Vakh/Clarkson as some above.
Very surprised to see Furlong in there - maybe they're hoping to mention his 3-year central contract and get a big roar from the RDS crowd :D
I would have thought, if anything, Healy would have been thrown in as he had a much lighter load during the AIs
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Great looking team. Am really looking forward to the BIB in action again. Delighted to see Adam Byrne starting. The guy has been through the wars to get himself back from injury and has impressed since his return. I think he deserves every chance to fulfill his potential and my fingers are crossed for him that he succeeds!!!
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Surprised not to see Josh Murphy in that Squad but absolutely trust Leo that Max is more suitable. The inclusion of Scott Penny is indicative of the importance they place on poaching at breakdown.

Surprised (and delighted) to see Tadhg included. Certainly don't think Warwick or O'Sullivan would have caused Vahk or Clarkson any significant problem.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Laighin Break wrote: November 26th, 2021, 1:45 pm

Max in the second row bench spot is interesting. That would've been Dunne surely if he wasn't on Baa Baas duty.

Basically we had to play Tadhg, who has started three AIs in a row at TH because Big Mike isn't around. Looks like Leo et al don't have same faith in Vakh/Clarkson as some above.
Very surprised to see Furlong in there - maybe they're hoping to mention his 3-year central contract and get a big roar from the RDS crowd :D
I would have thought, if anything, Healy would have been thrown in as he had a much lighter load during the AIs
I suspect this means he'll be rested for a game further down the line that he might otherwise have expected to start. The home game v Bath could be that option. Give him the next two weeks off and have fit and fresh for the trip to Montpellier.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

cormac wrote: November 26th, 2021, 2:38 pm
Laighin Break wrote: November 26th, 2021, 1:45 pm

I suspect this means he'll be rested for a game further down the line that he might otherwise have expected to start. The home game v Bath could be that option. Give him the next two weeks off and have fit and fresh for the trip to Montpellier.
Yeah good point, it might mean Big Mike gets the next two games as starter and Healy benches as sub TH.

Obviously a bit of bargaining done with IRFU because there's no way Tadhg would be starting this game if Mike was available.
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Match Preview

Leinster are back...again.

After the first five games in October the URC went into hibernation while the autumn internationals were played. And what an international series it turned out to be!

Read more...
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

Ruckedtobits wrote: November 26th, 2021, 1:49 pm Surprised not to see Josh Murphy in that Squad but absolutely trust Leo that Max is more suitable. The inclusion of Scott Penny is indicative of the importance they place on poaching at breakdown.

Surprised (and delighted) to see Tadhg included. Certainly don't think Warwick or O'Sullivan would have caused Vahk or Clarkson any significant problem.
+1
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Barbarians v Samoa game has been cancelled due to covid cases in the Barbarians camp.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

cormac wrote: November 27th, 2021, 1:15 pm Barbarians v Samoa game has been cancelled due to covid cases in the Barbarians camp.
What a disappointment for RK and Jack Dunne.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

I've said it before but it still amazes me how many rugby matches are being postponed/cancelled compared to football.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

cormac wrote: November 27th, 2021, 1:15 pm Barbarians v Samoa game has been cancelled due to covid cases in the Barbarians camp.
The Baa Baas and Covid haven't had a good run at it
https://www.the42.ie/barbarians-cancell ... 8-Oct2020/