Leinster v Scarlets Sat 16th October 2021 17:15 TG4

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

cormac
Rob Kearney

Leinster v Scarlets Sat 16th October 2021 17:15 TG4

Post by cormac »

https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/clean-bill ... e-larmour/

Josh Murphy and Jack Dunne back in full training.

Dead legs for Penny and Frawley, may be a week too soon.

Hip injury for Harry Byrne. O'Loughlin still out.

No update on Milne, Clarkson, Kearney and Connors

Are we likely to see Furlong, Conan and Henshaw back this week?
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Re: Leinster v Scarlets Sat 16th October 2021 17:15 TG4

Post by wixfjord »

Furlong & Conan were both training last week, so might see them. Would like to see us go fairly full bore for this, as only two games now until the break.

No word on Doris in that update, wonder what's the story there?
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

wixfjord wrote: October 11th, 2021, 2:29 pm Furlong & Conan were both training last week, so might see them. Would like to see us go fairly full bore for this, as only two games now until the break.

No word on Doris in that update, wonder what's the story there?
Doris pictured training today.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Haven't seen any photos of Henshaw training for the last few weeks. Hopefully nothing more than a coincidence.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

cormac wrote: October 11th, 2021, 4:11 pm Haven't seen any photos of Henshaw training for the last few weeks. Hopefully nothing more than a coincidence.
Any chance he'd just have been extra time off because he carried Leinster and Ireland on his back for the last year? Furlong and Conan both missed an awful lot of rugby last year too so no need to hold them back for too long.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: October 11th, 2021, 4:23 pm
cormac wrote: October 11th, 2021, 4:11 pm Haven't seen any photos of Henshaw training for the last few weeks. Hopefully nothing more than a coincidence.
Any chance he'd just have been extra time off because he carried Leinster and Ireland on his back for the last year? Furlong and Conan both missed an awful lot of rugby last year too so no need to hold them back for too long.
He was pictured training on the Monday before the Bulls game (as were the other returning Lions). No sign of him in the training photos since. Hopefully nothing more than a coincidence.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

I'd go for something like the following:

Porter, Kelleher, Mike, Molony, Ryan, Rhys, VDF, Doris, McGrath, Ross, Lowe, COB, Ringer, Byrne, Keenan
Sheehan, Dooley, Healy, Baird, Leavy, JGP, Sexton, Larmour

Getting close to our starting pack. I assume Furlong isn't back as doesn't seem to be training today. Big Mike is getting a bit of a flogging though.

Would have Frawley at 12 but looks like he's out. COB possibly next man up?

Could be a good game this with Scarlets looking to bounce back.
Blue Man
Enlightened

Post by Blue Man »

This is a poor Scarlets team and we face a reasonable Glasgow side away, six days after so I suspect that will be a factor in selection. On that basis, I’d like to see the big guns; Porter, Ryan, Rhys, VdF, Luke, JS, Ringer and the Lions, to return in Scotland
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

Scarlets' defence looks very passive in the highlights of the loss to Munster.
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

the scarlets will be going flat out to try and redeem some pride after their pasting last week

They still have plenty of good players, the whole back line will be welsh caps bar Costello the ten and the likes of evans/jones, owens/elias and lee/wgj is a pretty strong front row, the backrow has shingler ,Thompson and kalmafoni to pick from

Their second row does look a weak area , as does the defence both outwide and close to the ruck

I hope you pick your full team and give them a good hiding! But I have a feeling it will be a much closer game than last week
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

leinsterforever wrote: October 11th, 2021, 9:48 pm Scarlets' defence looks very passive in the highlights of the loss to Munster.
Hugh Hogan is their defense coach. They were dreadful against Munster, but he'll be making them squirm this week and he knows our systems inside out. I don't expect them to play as bad at all, and I hope we don't underestimate this one at all.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Leo will probably want Porter to face Lee on Sat, as will Faz. Kelleher to start seems logical as does Toner / Ryan. Who to put in at THP? Might be Cian with Vahk benching. Would love to see JVdF, Leavy & Doris with Luke & Ross inside CO'B & Ringrose. Back three of Byrne, Keenan & Lowe would complete it nicely for a Saturday home fixture.

Scarlets looked like they needed introductions last weekend so can't expect them to be as bad and they always turn up for games with us.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Ruckedtobits wrote: October 13th, 2021, 12:04 pm Leo will probably want Porter to face Lee on Sat, as will Faz. Kelleher to start seems logical as does Toner / Ryan. Who to put in at THP? Might be Cian with Vahk benching. Would love to see JVdF, Leavy & Doris with Luke & Ross inside CO'B & Ringrose. Back three of Byrne, Keenan & Lowe would complete it nicely for a Saturday home fixture.

Scarlets looked like they needed introductions last weekend so can't expect them to be as bad and they always turn up for games with us.
I think JGP was doing the Press on Monday so would expect him to start. Maybe JGB, RB and COB given a chance at redemption?
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Furlong due back this week as is Conan
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Figured that when we saw Kelleher last week. Just Henshaw left now?
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

I've the feeling that this could be a tricky game for us.

The Scarlets players will be very motivated to prove to themselves, their coaches, their fans and the wider rugby following in this part of the world that they're not soft, they're not unmotivated and they're not washed up. I think that they will put in a more than professional stint and be very motivated and intense for this fixture, which will make it a long 80 minutes.

Any team that shows up with a hard, tempered attitude makes for a tough game at league level. They've got good, experienced players in that squad, so I think this could be a real piece of bony fish for us. We'll have to be careful with it and pay due attention to it for the whole course.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

We sort of need to put in 80 minutes ourselves, we have been very patchy, we have the wins but the performances have been a mixed bag. Scarlets got blown away at the ruck against Munster, I think we have struggled at the ruck consistently as well, guys waiting for the ball a lot before we have won it. You would think a lot more basic desire and diligence from both sides in this area will be evident.

Scarlets will be better than they have been but we need a performance as much as they do. Home game, we need to win it.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

I would agree with the above, think this could be a really good battle that Scarlets will be up for and we'll have a strong side out for.

Always fearful of Scarlets in the RDS since that awful semi final a few years back.

Plus Hugh Hogan will know us inside out which might mean we'll need to change a few things.
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

Ruckedtobits wrote: October 13th, 2021, 12:04 pm Leo will probably want Porter to face Lee on Sat, as will Faz. Kelleher to start seems logical as does Toner / Ryan. Who to put in at THP? Might be Cian with Vahk benching. Would love to see JVdF, Leavy & Doris with Luke & Ross inside CO'B & Ringrose. Back three of Byrne, Keenan & Lowe would complete it nicely for a Saturday home fixture.

I can't imagine a better opportunity to test our new destructive front row of Porter, Kelleher and Furlong. It's what, in theory, keeps us ahead of Ulster and Munster this season (along with a better coaching team) and hopefully will propel us to silverware.
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Will there be bar service?
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles