Leinster vs Zebre, 9/10, 1pm @TheRDS, RTE.

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Re: Leinster vs Zebre, 9/10, 1pm @TheRDS, RTE.

Post by wixfjord »

Logorrhea wrote: October 9th, 2021, 4:44 pm
wixfjord wrote: October 9th, 2021, 4:37 pm He got a dead leg today from a hard hit on his first game of the season.
Thought it looked like an ankle problem to me. Looked a lot worse then a dead leg.

HB we're talking about yeah?
No definitely not an ankle problem. The injury was from a hard tackle that hit him on upper leg/hip area. That's where they were treating him too.

It was a contact issue, so hopefully not too bad. I'd say he'll be badly bruised though.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Definitely a hip issue. Could see him showing it to some team-mates after the final whistle.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
bronxbull
Knowledgeable

Post by bronxbull »

Dan Leavy definitely played well and would have been my man of the match if JS hadn't been SO good when he came on.

It will probably between Leavy and Rhys Ruddock there for number 6.

Max Deegan and Leavy are big additions this year as they bring an athleticism to the back row.

Osbourne does look a great prospect and I was delighted to see Adam Byrne back as he does bring a physical/aerial threat that some of our other wingers do not.

Young Russell has had a bit of a baptism of fire the last 2 matches.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

I thought Baird had a very good game today, showed good character to put last week behind him - carried well and hard and used his hands well
I have Bumbleflex
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Dave Cahill wrote: October 9th, 2021, 6:09 pm I thought Baird had a very good game today, showed good character to put last week behind him - carried well and hard and used his hands well

He's a great player, but he reminds of a golden lab at times
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Porter, Murphy, STP and Tommy O'Brien were the extra squad players in the warm-up today
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

wixfjord wrote: October 9th, 2021, 4:24 pm
hugonaut wrote: October 9th, 2021, 4:05 pm

Didn't think the lineout was a particular issue today, I have to say.
Cronin missed his first three and Kelleher overthrew two. Along with that we had some really messy possession from our own throws.
Hmm. I had actually blocked those from my memory before you mentioned them. We had a couple of serious flaps at the ball at the tail in the second half too.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

I was glad the yellow was given. The tackle didn't start late but the lift started late, which makes it a late tackle.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

riocard911 wrote: October 9th, 2021, 2:51 pm Hugh Cahill drives me mad. According to him, when Leinster are going well, it's because the opposition are cr@p, and when Leinster aren't going well, it's because Leinster are cr@p. Guy is a total jerk.
This argument is well rehearsed here… he dislikes Leinster ( has rubbished the fact that he might wear a Leinster shirt on radio/podcast )… this despite the fact that he’s South Dublin (CBC Monkstown)… added to that , his knowledge of the laws of Rugby and pretty much anything to do with rugby is abysmal. The guy is a joke…

And I do have to add ( as he has himself on numerous occasions) - that he is No relation to our Mr Cahill, on this forum
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

cormac wrote: October 9th, 2021, 5:04 pm Definitely a hip issue. Could see him showing it to some team-mates after the final whistle.
Agree…was in Terrace beside where he came off with Doc McShane….heard the conversation … it was his hip/Lower back
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

alanair wrote:

And I do have to add ( as he has himself on numerous occasions) - that he is No relation to our Mr Cahill, on this forum
I very much appreciate your mentioning it. Eddie, Erin, and I have often discussed the shame he brings upon us. Even Martin is less than than pleased on that lake of fire
I have Bumbleflex
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

How good was J10 today....yes I know it was only Zebre but he played like it was a HCUP final.....intensity and drive and some peachy passing......

5 stars for J10 needs to be the mission statement for this season.

Healy had an interesting cameo too.....beast mode !!
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Blueberry wrote: October 9th, 2021, 11:56 pm How good was J10 today....yes I know it was only Zebre but he played like it was a HCUP final.....intensity and drive and some peachy passing......

5 stars for J10 needs to be the mission statement for this season.

Healy had an interesting cameo too.....beast mode !!
sexton was like a JCT out half of old making a comeback from injury against an U15 Bs, a class above the rest of the field
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Johnny was very good, when he came on, no question. But I'm ****ed if I'm gonna swallow this bullshit Hugh Cahill narrative about how Leinster were "bang on average" until J10 bestrode the pitch and turned the thing around (Actually Johnny missed his first conversion and gave away a peno for entering sideways into a ruck). With Harry at the helm it took Leinster lest than 20 mins to score 2 tries. Apart from the two missed conversions and the peno the wrong side of the corner flag - and the odd line-out malfunction - everything was going grand. The pack were grinding Zebre down and the backs were stringing some nice passes together. When he went off on the 22nd min. the game was in the bag. I imagine the final score would have been pretty much the same, had Harry remained on till the 60th min. I would have given Adam Byrne MOTM for the two tries on his return after a long injury. Fiona Coughlan only gave it Johnny cos she'd drunk her co-commentators kool-aid re "game of two halves" by the end of the game. Give me strength!!!
Barry
Enlightened

Post by Barry »

Enjured the cahill/Coughlan drivel on RTE for the 1st half of the Dragons game last week until I remembered at half time that Premier had Eddie Butler / Birch. Won't make that mistake again.

Thought that Frawley played really well today until he got injured, he'd be close to international level if he got a decent injury free run.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

riocard911 wrote: October 10th, 2021, 1:11 am Johnny was very good, when he came on, no question. But I'm ****ed if I'm gonna swallow this bullshit Hugh Cahill narrative about how Leinster were "bang on average" until J10 bestrode the pitch and turned the thing around (Actually Johnny missed his first conversion and gave away a peno for entering sideways into a ruck). With Harry at the helm it took Leinster lest than 20 mins to score 2 tries. Apart from the two missed conversions and the peno the wrong side of the corner flag - and the odd line-out malfunction - everything was going grand. The pack were grinding Zebre down and the backs were stringing some nice passes together. When he went off on the 22nd min. the game was in the bag. I imagine the final score would have been pretty much the same, had Harry remained on till the 60th min. I would have given Adam Byrne MOTM for the two tries on his return after a long injury. Fiona Coughlan only gave it Johnny cos she'd drunk her co-commentators kool-aid re "game of two halves" by the end of the game. Give me strength!!!
You just need to separate Hugh Cahill being a total f%~kin idiot who seems to know to know little to nothing about the game he's commentating on and the fact that J10 really was two or three steps above what HB had showed up to that point.

Leinster would have won that match by a similarly impressive scoreline if J10 had come on at 50 or 60 minutes, but the difference in the composure of the team was noticeable once J10 came on...

I feel I shouldn't have to but maybe I should: HB looks to me to be a very special talent with the potential to equal or even outshine Jonny, but that day is not today.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

At least everyone agrees how well Sexton is playing and there's no whispering campaign to replace him prematurely.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

ronk wrote: October 10th, 2021, 8:34 am At least everyone agrees how well Sexton is playing and there's no whispering campaign to replace him prematurely.
Everyone?
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

alanair wrote: October 9th, 2021, 11:00 pm
riocard911 wrote: October 9th, 2021, 2:51 pm Hugh Cahill drives me mad. According to him, when Leinster are going well, it's because the opposition are cr@p, and when Leinster aren't going well, it's because Leinster are cr@p. Guy is a total jerk.
This argument is well rehearsed here… he dislikes Leinster ( has rubbished the fact that he might wear a Leinster shirt on radio/podcast )… this despite the fact that he’s South Dublin (CBC Monkstown)… added to that , his knowledge of the laws of Rugby and pretty much anything to do with rugby is abysmal. The guy is a joke…

And here was me thinking that similarities are uncanny.
Only joking HC is urgh.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Oldschool wrote: October 10th, 2021, 10:16 am
ronk wrote: October 10th, 2021, 8:34 am At least everyone agrees how well Sexton is playing and there's no whispering campaign to replace him prematurely.
Everyone?
Say it. The best outhalf in the country at the moment is ...