Leinster vs Zebre, 9/10, 1pm @TheRDS, RTE.

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

sunshiner1
Mullet

Re: Leinster vs Zebre, 9/10, 1pm @TheRDS, RTE.

Post by sunshiner1 »

by blockhead

Whose the metalhead in Leinster Rugby?
Can I suggest Hells Bells.
If I remember correctly Mr. Rhys Ruddock would be an out and out Metalhead so start tweeting him!
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

if they're feeling bit funky they could try this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcUB-3lud60
bronxbull
Knowledgeable

Post by bronxbull »

Mixed bag from Harry so far
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Delighted for Adam Byrne. Great to see him playing so we'll after such a tough two years.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

And another. I know he was unmarked there but it was always part of his skillset.

Also good to see a team getting punished for doing the typical late dirty hit on Sexton.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Mixed enough performance again. Second half far better albeit.

Sexton is by far our best 10 still.

Thought Penny, Big Mike, Frawley were our picks of the bunch besides. Leavy looked lively too and Osborne was solid.

Delighted for Adam Byrne.

Harry was his usual self when he was on. Some really classy play but trying to force it too much.

Larmour is just a player that infuriates me I have to say. Dies with the ball so much and must've knocked on in the tackle 3/4 times.

Lineout is a worry once again. Tracy, Cronin & Kelleher have all had poor showings.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Hugh Cahill drives me mad. According to him, when Leinster are going well, it's because the opposition are cr@p, and when Leinster aren't going well, it's because Leinster are cr@p. Guy is a total jerk.
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

Harry Byrne needs a lot of work. Staying on the pitch is his biggest worry. Seems to get injured fairly innocuously. His kicking off the tee is average. Also kicked one out on the full. When Sexton finishes up then leinster and ireland are in deep ****. Between Harry, frawley and Adam Byrne I reckon leinsters next signing could be another physio. Another non event of a first 40 and the second seemed lots better. Having to have Sexton on the pitch to give people a kick up the hole is starting to become a real issue.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

carlow man wrote: October 9th, 2021, 2:54 pm Harry Byrne needs a lot of work. Staying on the pitch is his biggest worry. Seems to get injured fairly innocuously. His kicking off the tee is average. Also kicked one out on the full. When Sexton finishes up then leinster and ireland are in deep ****. Between Harry, frawley and Adam Byrne I reckon leinsters next signing could be another physio. Another non event of a first 40 and the second seemed lots better. Having to have Sexton on the pitch to give people a kick up the hole is starting to become a real issue.
I was critical of him above, but I think that's a bit much on Byrne.

It's his first minutes of the season having been injured at the end of the last one. He took a big contact knock which probably resulted in a fairly bad dead leg. That's hardly an example of being 'injury prone'.

He's a special talent, but we already knew before today he has work to do. That's to be expected, he's 22!
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

wixfjord wrote: October 9th, 2021, 2:46 pm Mixed enough performance again. Second half far better albeit.

Sexton is by far our best 10 still.

Thought Penny, Big Mike, Frawley were our picks of the bunch besides. Leavy looked lively too and Osborne was solid.

Delighted for Adam Byrne.

Harry was his usual self when he was on. Some really classy play but trying to force it too much.

Larmour is just a player that infuriates me I have to say. Dies with the ball so much and must've knocked on in the tackle 3/4 times.

Lineout is a worry once again. Tracy, Cronin & Kelleher have all had poor showings.
Leavy looked great – he provided an awful lot of gainline for us, more than I expected. He brings a lot of toughness and abrasiveness to the team as well. I like him at No6, I think it's a good fit for him at the moment. He's a cracking rugby player.

Osbourne's handling is absolutely outstanding, especially for such a young player. He's got a lot of similarities to Jauzion ... and he's still a teenager! I thought that both he and Frawley played well, the latter in particular showed up very well after COB's error-strewn performance in the No12 jersey against the Dragons.

Didn't think the lineout was a particular issue today, I have to say.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

hugonaut wrote: October 9th, 2021, 4:05 pm

Cronin missed his first three and Kelleher overthrew two. Along with that we had some really messy possession from our own throws.
Gearzbox2
Knowledgeable

Post by Gearzbox2 »

wixfjord wrote: October 9th, 2021, 4:24 pm

Cronin missed his first three and Kelleher overthrew two. Along with that we had some really messy possession from our own throws.
Cronin missed 2, both picked off from poor calling IMO, Dev to blame if anybody
One of Kelleher’s was a missed back lift so not his fault
Seemed a system breakdown

As a line out coach and former hooker I’d be watching closely so that’s my two cents on the lineout

On a whole thought it was ok if I’m honest
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

riocard911 wrote: October 9th, 2021, 2:51 pm Hugh Cahill drives me mad. According to him, when Leinster are going well, it's because the opposition are cr@p, and when Leinster aren't going well, it's because Leinster are cr@p. Guy is a total jerk.
Did he not blame Ross Byrne. He always likes to do that too.

Osborne looks like he could be some player. His hands under pressure were pretty impressive and if my eyes didnt fail me he played both 13 and 12 today (+15 vs Bulls). He'll have harder days (defensively) but he was really good today.
Last edited by Logorrhea on October 9th, 2021, 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

wixfjord wrote: October 9th, 2021, 3:05 pm
carlow man wrote: October 9th, 2021, 2:54 pm Harry Byrne needs a lot of work. Staying on the pitch is his biggest worry. Seems to get injured fairly innocuously. His kicking off the tee is average. Also kicked one out on the full. When Sexton finishes up then leinster and ireland are in deep ****. Between Harry, frawley and Adam Byrne I reckon leinsters next signing could be another physio. Another non event of a first 40 and the second seemed lots better. Having to have Sexton on the pitch to give people a kick up the hole is starting to become a real issue.

It's his first minutes of the season having been injured at the end of the last one. He took a big contact knock which probably resulted in a fairly bad dead leg. That's hardly an example of being 'injury prone'.

He's a special talent, but we already knew before today he has work to do. That's to be expected, he's 22!
He is injury prone. That's not being unfair. For 2 seasons we have been told to watch out for this lad but in those 2 seasons he has largely been unavailable due to injury. I'd would love him to stay fit and become a real option other than Sexton as Ross Byrne isn't in the same league as j.s.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

carlow man wrote: October 9th, 2021, 4:35 pm
wixfjord wrote: October 9th, 2021, 3:05 pm

He is injury prone. That's not being unfair. For 2 seasons we have been told to watch out for this lad but in those 2 seasons he has largely been unavailable due to injury. I'd would love him to stay fit and become a real option other than Sexton as Ross Byrne isn't in the same league as j.s.
He has 25 apps and over 1000 minutes in his first two seasons. He has had a few injuries, but has not 'largely been unavailable'. He got a dead leg today from a hard hit on his first game of the season.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Gearzbox2 wrote: October 9th, 2021, 4:31 pm

As a line out coach and former hooker I’d be watching closely so that’s my two cents on the lineout

Maybe I'm overplaying it, thought there were a few throwing errors though. Cronin's first was too slow and thrown directly to a Zebre thrower. Think you're being a bit kind to Kelleher there too. Hookers union and all that!
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

wixfjord wrote: October 9th, 2021, 4:37 pm He got a dead leg today from a hard hit on his first game of the season.
Thought it looked like an ankle problem to me. Looked a lot worse then a dead leg.

HB we're talking about yeah?
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Morf wrote: October 8th, 2021, 5:04 pm
LeinsterLeader wrote: October 8th, 2021, 4:23 pm Another First for the RDS tomorrow. From the match programme:

"....And they will experience a new 'walk-out' tune at the RDS Arena for the first time. The Metallica song, 'Enter Sandeman', made its debut at the Aviva stadium two weeks ago but this will be its first RDS airing."
A portly front rower possibly?
Porter, Toner and the recently retired Michael Bent are all metalheads. I love Sandman, but even Metallica have dropped it from their recent sets
Gearzbox2
Knowledgeable

Post by Gearzbox2 »

wixfjord wrote: October 9th, 2021, 4:40 pm
Gearzbox2 wrote: October 9th, 2021, 4:31 pm

Maybe I'm overplaying it, thought there were a few throwing errors though. Cronin's first was too slow and thrown directly to a Zebre thrower. Think you're being a bit kind to Kelleher there too. Hookers union and all that!
Yep first one looked like could’ve had more on it from cronin so maybe his fault
Second was poor call definitely

I just saw no back lifter on toner but maybe it was too long from kelleher
I’ll always back the hookers!!!! 😂😂