Leinster v Dragons, Rodney Parade, Sunday 3rd of October at 2pm, RTE

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Wonder how much rotation we will see for this game..
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Re: Leinster v Dragons, Rodney Parade, Sunday 3rd of October at 2pm, RTE

Post by CiaranIrl »

mildlyinterested wrote: September 28th, 2021, 9:01 am Wonder how much rotation we will see for this game..
It's hard to know, isn't it? With fewer games this year, we'll see less rotation than usual I guess. It would be fantastic to see Leavy play anyway. Maybe something like the below?

15. Jordan Larmour
14. Rory O'Loughlin
13. Jamie Osbourne
12. Ciarán Frawley
11. James Lowe
10. Ross Byrne
9. Jamison Gibson Park
1. Ed Byrne
2. James Tracey
3. Michael Ala’alatoa
4. Ryan Baird
5. Devin Toner
6. Josh Murphy
7. Dan Leavy
8. Max Deegan
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

CiaranIrl wrote: September 28th, 2021, 10:14 am
mildlyinterested wrote: September 28th, 2021, 9:01 am Wonder how much rotation we will see for this game..
It's hard to know, isn't it? With fewer games this year, we'll see less rotation than usual I guess. It would be fantastic to see Leavy play anyway. Maybe something like the below?

15. Jordan Larmour
14. Rory O'Loughlin
13. Jamie Osbourne
12. Ciarán Frawley
11. James Lowe
10. Ross Byrne
9. Jamison Gibson Park
1. Ed Byrne
2. James Tracey
3. Michael Ala’alatoa
4. Ryan Baird
5. Devin Toner
6. Josh Murphy
7. Dan Leavy
8. Max Deegan
Larmours injured afaik as is Josh Murphy.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

15. Jordan Larmour
14. Rory O'Loughlin
13. Jamie Osbourne
12. Ciarán Frawley
11. James Lowe
10. Ross Byrne
9. Jamison Gibson Park
1. Ed Byrne
2. James Tracey
3. Michael Ala’alatoa
4. Ryan Baird
5. Devin Toner
6. Josh Murphy
7. Dan Leavy
8. Max Deegan
With fewer games it really highlights the need to use the bench as much as possible.
Seeing a substitution with less than ten minutes to go would be an indication that the penny hasn't dropped with the coaches.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

mildlyinterested wrote: September 28th, 2021, 10:16 am

15. Jordan Larmour
14. Rory O'Loughlin
13. Jamie Osbourne
12. Ciarán Frawley
11. James Lowe
10. Ross Byrne
9. Jamison Gibson Park
1. Ed Byrne
2. James Tracey
3. Michael Ala’alatoa
4. Ryan Baird
5. Devin Toner
6. Josh Murphy
7. Dan Leavy
8. Max Deegan
Larmours injured afaik as is Josh Murphy.
Ah, I haven't been keeping up. Maybe Baird at 6 and Maloney to start so. Or Leavy at 6 and Penny/Connors if one of them is fit?
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Oldschool wrote: September 28th, 2021, 10:21 am

15. Jordan Larmour
14. Rory O'Loughlin
13. Jamie Osbourne
12. Ciarán Frawley
11. James Lowe
10. Ross Byrne
9. Jamison Gibson Park
1. Ed Byrne
2. James Tracey
3. Michael Ala’alatoa
4. Ryan Baird
5. Devin Toner
6. Josh Murphy
7. Dan Leavy
8. Max Deegan
With fewer games it really highlights the need to use the bench as much as possible.
Seeing a substitution with less than ten minutes to go would be an indication that the penny hasn't dropped with the coaches.
Or that some subs are held in reserve in case of injuries.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

There was good news for Andrew Porter (foot), Garry Ringrose (shoulder) and Ciarán Frawley (shoulder) as they all came through the game against Vodacom Bulls last Saturday with no issues and will train as normal this week.

Harry Byrne will also return to team training this week after recovering from a foot injury.

Caelan Doris was withdrawn in the first half against Vodacom Bulls with a calf injury and will be further assessed this week ahead of the trip to Dragons.

Jordan Larmour (groin) and Tommy O’Brien (hamstring) will look to increase their workload this week as they return from their respective injuries.

There are no further updates on:

Josh Murphy (calf), Dave Kearney (ankle), Michael Milne (calf), Will Connors (knee), Thomas Clarkson (hamstring) and Jack Dunne (ankle).
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/cullen-iss ... d=21NL0493

Harry Byrne returns to team training this week.

Doris being assessed for a calf injury.

Tommy O'Brien and Jordan Larmour stepping up their return to training.

No update on Murphy, Kearney, Milne, Connors, Clarkson and Dunne.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

You usually want to give the position switch guys a run of a few games. Unless you're going toe in the water and then correct issues in extended training.

I'd expect Healy to start 3 with Porter 17. Alaalatoa 18 and Byrne/Dooley 1.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

CiaranIrl wrote: September 28th, 2021, 10:14 am It's hard to know, isn't it? With fewer games this year, we'll see less rotation than usual I guess. It would be fantastic to see Leavy play anyway. Maybe something like the below?
If any forwards went 80mins, I'd give them a break – so Ross Molony, Rhys Ruddock and JVDF would drop out of the starting XV for Dev Toner, Dan Leavy and Scott Penny respectively. I'd like to see Conor O'Brien at No12 instead of Frawley.

Backs [15-9]: H. Keenan, R. O'Loughlin, G. Ringrose, C. O'Brien, J. Lowe, R. Byrne, L. McGrath
Forwards [1-8]: A. Porter, D. Sheehan, M. Ala'alatoa, D. Toner, J. Ryan, D. Leavy, S. Penny, M.Deegan
Subs [16-23]: S. Cronin, P. Dooley, C. Healy, R. Baird, R. Ruddock, J. Gibson-Park, C. Frawley, J. Osborne
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

hugonaut wrote: September 28th, 2021, 2:55 pm
CiaranIrl wrote: September 28th, 2021, 10:14 am It's hard to know, isn't it? With fewer games this year, we'll see less rotation than usual I guess. It would be fantastic to see Leavy play anyway. Maybe something like the below?
If any forwards went 80mins, I'd give them a break – so Ross Molony, Rhys Ruddock and JVDF would drop out of the starting XV for Dev Toner, Dan Leavy and Scott Penny respectively. I'd like to see Conor O'Brien at No12 instead of Frawley.

Backs [15-9]: H. Keenan, R. O'Loughlin, G. Ringrose, C. O'Brien, J. Lowe, R. Byrne, L. McGrath
Forwards [1-8]: A. Porter, D. Sheehan, M. Ala'alatoa, D. Toner, J. Ryan, D. Leavy, S. Penny, M.Deegan
Subs [16-23]: S. Cronin, P. Dooley, C. Healy, R. Baird, R. Ruddock, J. Gibson-Park, C. Frawley, J. Osborne
Would be happy with that side alright. Important to get that front three time. Albeit would like to see Baird starting with JR and maybe JGP to come in also.
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

Is Adam Byrne just gone? Felt weird to see O’Loughlin picked at 14 last week.

Maybe that wouldn’t have been the right game to drop Byrne back in, but I’d hope they’d pick him at 14 next week vs the Dragons over playing O’Loughlin there again.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Jack Dunne, Conan & Ronan Kelleher pictured in training today.
Looks like Leavy doing a good bit of heavy stuff too.

A Byrne togged out but looked to be doing separate stuff.

I wonder might we see Nick McCarthy in the 23 at the weekend actually, he was on kicking tee duties at the weekend.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Serb wrote: September 28th, 2021, 4:29 pm Is Adam Byrne just gone? Felt weird to see O’Loughlin picked at 14 last week.

Maybe that wouldn’t have been the right game to drop Byrne back in, but I’d hope they’d pick him at 14 next week vs the Dragons over playing O’Loughlin there again.
Not gone just hiding :D

the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

hugonaut wrote: September 28th, 2021, 2:55 pm

I could see 1 or two of the lesser lights feature here. Someone like Deeney or Moloney might make the squad, possibly Vak.
PASA Rugby
Beginner

Post by PASA Rugby »

Just to let your travelling support know, there are some local supporters who are happy to host travelling Leinster fans to South Wales if that helps more of the travelling clan get over for the game.

Discover more and join the community of like-minded supporters hosting one another on away games at: www.pasarugby.com
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

This is week 2 of a 5 week block before a 5 week international break. Dragons are the "easy" away. 2 home matches and a tricky away in Glasgow. This is the time to rest up internationals and give out a few chances. There'll be some scope too against Zebre but it's also the RDS return.

The squad aim is to warm up the Internationals without burning them out, get the Lions back and get some development done. Very different from normal early season. Non-internationals could take on all of this block with time to recover.

So generally rest the internationals for this one except for the switching props.

Porter, Cronin, Healy, Molony, Toner, Ruddock, Deegan, Penny, McGrath, R Byrne, Lowe, Frawley, ROL, An Academy wing, JOB.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

South African AJ Jacobs in charge of Dragons v Leinster.
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

The dragons defence won't be able to cope with your ball carrying, we scored three try's last week and had next to no ball or territory in the first half.

They have a good back 5 in the pack and rowlands and moriarty carried well against us but unless brown and dee are back their front row is v shaky and their bench even worse

Not sure why but neither Roberts or Rhodri Williams didn't start last week and both are far better players than the guys who did so I'd guess they will play this week

Sam Davies is a good player when his side are on top but he can be flaky when they start to come under pressure , holmes will be their biggest threat behind the scrum

Rodney parade has a had a makeover during lockdown , the stadium looked better and the pitch certainly did

If you heading over, the potters is a great pub
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

hope to see Nick Mc back in for this game.. same with Peter Dooley, Harry B, Scott Penny, Dan Leavy, COB & JOB