Unacceptable treatment of women’s rugby.

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

munster#1
Shane Jennings

Unacceptable treatment of women’s rugby.

Post by munster#1 »

Mad that this hasn’t been mentioned on here (or so it would appear?).

The treatment of the Connacht women’s team, both in the act of providing facilities which have no place at any level, and then asking them not to comment on it is totally unacceptable and disgraceful.

This is not something that would have happened to any visiting men’s team IMO, and highlights the complete disregard shown towards the women’s game on this island.

I also find the lack of discussion and disgust on here to be very odd, or has the discussion been removed?

https://m.independent.ie/sport/rugby/we ... 54526.html
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Re: Unacceptable treatment of women’s rugby.

Post by Dave Cahill »

Your first ever comment on the womens game on this site if memory serves, regarding an issue in a match between Connacht and Ulster in the interprovincial championship that you have decided to create in the Leinster section. Hmmm. Nothing on the World Cup qualifier on monday, nothing on the Six Nations, nothing on the World Cup in Ireland, nothing on the Grand Slam, nothing on beating the black ferns, nothing on irish players being pulled from the 6N to play sevens, nothing on the absence of hot water for Wales, nothing on the travel problems in France.

You couldn't care less about womens rugby in Ireland and the problems it faces.
I have Bumbleflex
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Dave Cahill wrote: September 15th, 2021, 11:58 pm Your first ever comment on the womens game on this site if memory serves, regarding an issue in a match between Connacht and Ulster in the interprovincial championship that you have decided to create in the Leinster section. Hmmm. Nothing on the World Cup qualifier on monday, nothing on the Six Nations, nothing on the World Cup in Ireland, nothing on the Grand Slam, nothing on beating the black ferns, nothing on irish players being pulled from the 6N to play sevens, nothing on the absence of hot water for Wales, nothing on the travel problems in France.

You couldn't care less about womens rugby in Ireland and the problems it faces.
Your use of this thread to attack a poster rather than discuss the issue at hand is a clear reflection on you as a person.

I am not going to go into detail on my opinion of or involvement with the women’s game, because it has no basis for an opinion on the issue at hand.

What happened to this athletes is a disgrace. If they were a team or individuals in any other sport I would be equally outraged.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

munster#1 wrote: September 16th, 2021, 12:07 am
Your use of this thread to attack a poster rather than discuss the issue at hand is a clear reflection on you as a person.
I certainly hope it is, I intended it as such.

You couldn't give a flying f%~k about womens rugby. You are simply trolling.

Now, you're going back on ignore. Toodle pip.
I have Bumbleflex
elephantman
Knowledgeable

Post by elephantman »

Dave Cahill wrote: September 16th, 2021, 12:13 am
munster#1 wrote: September 16th, 2021, 12:07 am
I certainly hope it is, I intended it as such.

You couldn't give a flying f%~k about womens rugby. You are simply trolling.

Now, you're going back on ignore. Toodle pip.
Well said, Dave.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

My intention most certainly was not to troll or WUM or whatever childish accusation/insult may be directed towards me by the aggressive and possibly unstable minority.

I personally think that what happened is a major issue and thankfully many journalists, players, Leinster Rugby and the IRFU would agree. Additionally, I do find it odd that this wouldn’t warrant a discussion or would be seen as a taboo subject.

Women’s rugby has been making gradual progress and to this is a massive smack in the face and has clearly upset all involved.
I personally hope that whoever was involved in signing off on this issue is taken to task.
Last edited by munster#1 on September 16th, 2021, 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Duplicate post
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

It was talked about elsewhere on here, you've just not seen it, or more likely you've deliberately ignored it.
Anyone But New Zealand
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

FLIP wrote: September 16th, 2021, 8:01 am It was talked about elsewhere on here, you've just not seen it, or more likely you've deliberately ignored it.
Sorry, I definitely missed that one. I looked for it but didn’t find.

Can you point me in the right direction?
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

I'm not interested in being your researcher. Look harder.
Anyone But New Zealand
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

FLIP wrote: September 16th, 2021, 9:23 am I'm not interested in being your researcher. Look harder.
What an odd comment to make.
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

I agree with both M#1 and Dave. It is disgraceful and should be aired. And it has been. But you can't deduce that posters are "unstable" or make other personal attacks. Sometimes it's not what you say but how you say it.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Just ask yourself this question:

You are Connacht logistics manager, you turn up (early by all reports) to the ground and there is no one there to meet you from Leinster rugby. You are told by some lad to set up beside bins etc. Do you

a) set up where you are told or

b) say f%~k that, get me someone in authority cause I'm not having this sh!t?
berliner
Bookworm

Post by berliner »

the spoofer wrote: September 16th, 2021, 10:43 am Just ask yourself this question:

You are Connacht logistics manager, you turn up (early by all reports) to the ground and there is no one there to meet you from Leinster rugby. You are told by some lad to set up beside bins etc. Do you

I read that the Leinster women had to use the same setup last week and were asked not to speak about publicly.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

berliner wrote: September 16th, 2021, 10:52 am
the spoofer wrote: September 16th, 2021, 10:43 am Just ask yourself this question:

I read that the Leinster women had to use the same setup last week and were asked not to speak about publicly.
I'm getting on in years and at this stage I don't believe a single word emanating from sports journalists, especially rugby ones. Not since the great Con and Ed hung up their pens.
berliner
Bookworm

Post by berliner »

munster#1 wrote: September 16th, 2021, 9:22 am
FLIP wrote: September 16th, 2021, 8:01 am It was talked about elsewhere on here, you've just not seen it, or more likely you've deliberately ignored it.

https://www.leinsterfans.com/forum/view ... 77#p785277
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

berliner wrote: September 16th, 2021, 10:59 am
munster#1 wrote: September 16th, 2021, 9:22 am

https://www.leinsterfans.com/forum/view ... 77#p785277
Thanks berliner. I would never have thought to look in that location, and in fairness is is a very brief discussion on the issue that probably warrants it’s own thread anyway.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

How come it took you so long to mention it yourself? It’s not like you weren’t on the forum over the last few days. I had the same thought as Dave when I first saw this thread, I couldn’t remember you posting about women’s rugby before and he’s confirmed it. Maybe if people like yourself had taken more interest in it over the years then there’d be better facilities in place by now.

Anyway, it was awful and I hope that it was done out of incompetence rather than disinterest or bad attitudes. Same goes for the reason they were told not to talk about it. If they did it to protect someone who had been overwhelmed and made a genuine mistake under pressure then I can accept that, but if it was because of someone who didn’t want to be there saying “f%~k it, that’ll do, now let’s get out of here ASAP” then that’s a very different kettle of fish.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

People are getting all het up about this, and rightly so, but they aren't asking the right questions.

The right questions are...

1) Why weren't the senior provincial womens teams classified as an elite level by the Government (and thus allowed used indoor changing facilities)
b) How hard did the IRFU try to have the senior provincial womens teams classified as elite

Everything else that happened flows from these two questions
I have Bumbleflex
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

munster#1 wrote: September 16th, 2021, 7:48 am My intention most certainly was not to troll or WUM or whatever childish accusation/insult may be directed towards me by the aggressive and possibly unstable minority.

I personally think that what happened is a major issue and thankfully many journalists, players, Leinster Rugby and the IRFU would agree. Additionally, I do find it odd that this wouldn’t warrant a discussion or would be seen as a taboo subject.

Women’s rugby has been making gradual progress and to this is a massive smack in the face and has clearly upset all involved.
I personally hope that whoever was involved in signing off on this issue is taken to task.
really though?