Leinster v Bulls Aviva Stadium 5.15 Sat 25th Sept TG4

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

elephantman
Knowledgeable

Re: Leinster v Bulls Aviva Stadium 5.15 Sat 25th Sept TG4

Post by elephantman »

Completely understand Porter moving back to loosehead.

Can’t understand Healy moving to tighthead even if it’s only till Furlong comes back and because of injuries. Seems a bit daft.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

wixfjord wrote: September 24th, 2021, 4:17 pm
FLIP wrote: September 24th, 2021, 4:16 pm
wixfjord wrote: September 24th, 2021, 1:16 pm So much for Porter to LH being a 'a stupid idea of the sort usually cooked up by journos after a boozy lunch or fans on forums' and people struggling to believe 'the Leinster coaching staff are that stupid'.

Very interested to see how it works out.
I'll be very happy to eat crow if this works out, and wish them the best, but still think it's a huge risk for all involved.

But then I'm not a WUM.
It's not about whether it works out or not though, you constantly repeated that it wasn't true or had been made up by fans.

Whereas actually both Leinster & Irish coaches had mentioned it and now it has come to pass.

I mean literally everyone agrees that it's a risk!
To echo Flip, quite happy to eat my hat if this works out.

I honestly can’t remember the Leinster coaches talking about Porter moving back across, and I’m pretty happy to just ignore anything Andy Farrell says because I think he’s a bit of a bluffer who has been found out.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

FLIP wrote: September 24th, 2021, 4:20 pm

No, I said I couldn't believe it was true given the huge risks involved, and that in my view it wasn't an idea worth trying and one that was on the tier of those come up by people on a boozy lunch, and I still stand by that. Stop twisting other peoples words to match your antagonistic agenda.
You actually said…
And a player who could pretty much walk into most other club teams and national sides as their number 1 TH would think risking his reputation and earnings would be a good idea because some talking heads on the net think it would be a nice opportunity for him? Doubtful.
You thought this was just a pie in the sky fans thing, when both McBryde and Farrell spoke about it last season. When told that you still didn’t believe it.

So yes, this was being talked about high level coaches last year, it wasn’t just ‘talking heads on the net’ and the proof is in the pudding now it has come to pass.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

wixfjord wrote: September 24th, 2021, 5:10 pm
FLIP wrote: September 24th, 2021, 4:20 pm

No, I said I couldn't believe it was true given the huge risks involved, and that in my view it wasn't an idea worth trying and one that was on the tier of those come up by people on a boozy lunch, and I still stand by that. Stop twisting other peoples words to match your antagonistic agenda.
You actually said…
And a player who could pretty much walk into most other club teams and national sides as their number 1 TH would think risking his reputation and earnings would be a good idea because some talking heads on the net think it would be a nice opportunity for him? Doubtful.
You thought this was just a pie in the sky fans thing, when both McBryde and Farrell spoke about it last season. When told that you still didn’t believe it.

So yes, this was being talked about high level coaches last year, it wasn’t just ‘talking heads on the net’ and the proof is in the pudding now it has come to pass.
Christ you're sad
Anyone But New Zealand
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

I thought it was mad. I know coaches had talked about it though.

Would it have happened if he had travelled with the Lions as tighthead?
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

FLIP wrote: September 24th, 2021, 5:10 pm Christ you're sad
I’ve thousands of anonymous posts on a message board about a rugby team FLIP, I would think that’s a commonly accepted fact by now!
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: September 24th, 2021, 3:53 pm
wixfjord wrote: September 24th, 2021, 3:38 pm
backrower8 wrote: September 24th, 2021, 2:38 pm

A lot of people could have played the I told you so card on this one. You are the only person who has chosen to do so. You have a real edge to your posting, could you take a more respectful tone to this forum. People are here for leisure purposes, nothing adversarial.
Hey man, there's a big block button there if you don't want to see my posts. Feel free to use it instead of the back seat modding eh?

Also the irony of you asking for a 'more respectful tone' isn't lost on anyone!
Tbf he might have used the wrong login and forgot which persona to use.
The above is probably a wind-up, but once again for the record, I have only ever had one account/persona. Thank you

The moderators can probably drill in and confirm that fact by checking the email the account is linked to, but then you would probably keep it going by suggesting that I could have used other email addresses.

So you knock yourself out there fella, it doesn't change the fact that I have one persona. Evening all.
OneLungDavy
Bookworm

Post by OneLungDavy »

The prop switch is a big risk and very unIrish, I love it.

I'm trying to figure out what Healy gains from the switch. He goes from head-and-shoulders the best LH in Leinster and easily in the best two LHs in Ireland, to arguable the third choice TH at Leinster? If it's a success, he probably plays second fiddle to Furlong for both club and country, maybe he's happy playing twenty minutes at this stage in his career to try prolong it. He has lost the pace expected from a LH, with TH being more scrummaging-focused so he's probably put on some size over the Summer to nail it. Fingers crossed it works out.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

OneLungDavy wrote: September 24th, 2021, 6:13 pm The prop switch is a big risk and very unIrish, I love it.

I'm trying to figure out what Healy gains from the switch. He goes from head-and-shoulders the best LH in Leinster and easily in the best two LHs in Ireland, to arguable the third choice TH at Leinster? If it's a success, he probably plays second fiddle to Furlong for both club and country, maybe he's happy playing twenty minutes at this stage in his career to try prolong it. He has lost the pace expected from a LH, with TH being more scrummaging-focused so he's probably put on some size over the Summer to nail it. Fingers crossed it works out.
Maybe he's got his eye set on overtaking Gordon Darcy for second place in the list of most capped Leinster players after Dev.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Jake White trying to blow smoke up our arses by calling us the "Barcelona of European Rugby".
That would make Toulouse..... Real Madrid then I suppose.
Saracens.....Marseille from the early Ninties....cheatin b$&%@#ds rumbled.
Munster.....Nottingham Forest....won it twice but a long long time ago.
Ulster.....Spurs....it'll have to be handed to them, poor b$&%@#ds
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Maybe he's saying we're a once great team that are a skint shadow of our former selves?
I have Bumbleflex
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

blockhead wrote: September 24th, 2021, 6:47 pm Jake White trying to blow smoke up our arses by calling us the "Barcelona of European Rugby".
That would make Toulouse..... Real Madrid then I suppose.
Saracens.....Marseille from the early Ninties....cheatin b$&%@#ds rumbled.
Munster.....Nottingham Forest....won it twice but a long long time ago.
Ulster.....Spurs....it'll have to be handed to them, poor b$&%@#ds
"Barcelona....."
He doesn't know much about Irish weather.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Peter Dooley, Scott Penny, Nick McCarthy, Conor O'Brien, Rob Russell all took part in captains run yesterday.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Dave Cahill wrote: September 24th, 2021, 10:41 pm Maybe he's saying we're a once great team that are a skint shadow of our former selves?
That was my thought. Is there something he knows that we don't? Is, I don't know, Furlong about to do a Messi and Move to London St.Germain?
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

fourthirtythree wrote: September 25th, 2021, 12:19 pm
Dave Cahill wrote: September 24th, 2021, 10:41 pm Maybe he's saying we're a once great team that are a skint shadow of our former selves?
That was my thought. Is there something he knows that we don't? Is, I don't know, Furlong about to do a Messi and Move to London St.Germain?
Hold on there. I'm gettin' all excited bout the Bulls match and you're wrecking me buzz!!!
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

mildlyinterested wrote: September 25th, 2021, 12:12 pm Peter Dooley, Scott Penny, Nick McCarthy, Conor O'Brien, Rob Russell all took part in captains run yesterday.
No less than you'd expect, except also for the inclusion of Dev. Those five (six) covering all the possible requirements for an injury in warm-up. A not unknown occurance for Leinster unfortunately.

Really getting the vibe now. Looking forward to the first scrum, our first line-out, the first attacking breakdown, the first carry in mid-field and the first kick to Keenan. So, that should see us through the first three minutes.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Ruckedtobits wrote: September 25th, 2021, 12:51 pm
mildlyinterested wrote: September 25th, 2021, 12:12 pm Peter Dooley, Scott Penny, Nick McCarthy, Conor O'Brien, Rob Russell all took part in captains run yesterday.
No less than you'd expect, except also for the inclusion of Dev. Those five (six) covering all the possible requirements for an injury in warm-up. A not unknown occurance for Leinster unfortunately.

Really getting the vibe now. Looking forward to the first scrum, our first line-out, the first attacking breakdown, the first carry in mid-field and the first kick to Keenan. So, that should see us through the first three minutes.
no Dev yesterday:

the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

I want to apologise to Frank Murphy for suggesting that he is worse than today’s ref
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

This Porter and Healy switch might just work
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Healys first scrum a penalty.

How much of a legend is this man?