Leinster v Bulls Aviva Stadium 5.15 Sat 25th Sept TG4

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Leinster v Bulls Aviva Stadium 5.15 Sat 25th Sept TG4

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I wonder where Osbourne is earmarked to come on? He’ll obviously be covering a few positions but maybe 13 is the main one if Ringrose hasn’t been in full training for long.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: September 24th, 2021, 12:33 pm I wonder where Osbourne is earmarked to come on? He’ll obviously be covering a few positions but maybe 13 is the main one if Ringrose hasn’t been in full training for long.
The fact that he is picked as the outfield cover in #23 jersey for this game (with 2 injury prone centres in the starting team) is a positive indicator of both his development to date and potential.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

ronk wrote: September 24th, 2021, 12:30 pm And so it is. Porter switches

fixed that :P
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

As a former hooker, of all the heads to heads this is the one I will be most interested in:

"22 yo 191cm Dan Sheehan up against 37 yo 189cm hooking legend Bismarck Du Plessis"

- courtesty of Backrower8
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

backrower8 wrote: September 24th, 2021, 12:39 pm
LeRouxIsPHat wrote: September 24th, 2021, 12:33 pm I wonder where Osbourne is earmarked to come on? He’ll obviously be covering a few positions but maybe 13 is the main one if Ringrose hasn’t been in full training for long.
The fact that he is picked as the outfield cover in #23 jersey for this game (with 2 injury prone centres in the starting team) is a positive indicator of both his development to date and potential.
He can cover fullback too.

Also we're already light at outside back. COB could have been picked, maybe JOB is fit, not sure.

I rate him but it's not an especially brave selection.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

So much to like but great to see J10 back and suspect that midfield is going to give us a couple of interesting moments with Frawley and Ringers. Back row is powerful and dynamic and expect them to make hay !!

Heaven help anyone near James Lowe when there are good blue moments, going to be serious excitement, arse slapping and whooping................
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Big boost for Ross Molony that. Starting ahead of Baird/Dev in a pretty full pack against a big SA outfit in first game of the season. Hope he continues his form from last year.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Pretty interested to see how we use our kicking game and particularly Lowe/Frawley.

Might be a few 50/22 opportunities.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

wixfjord wrote: September 24th, 2021, 1:07 pm Big boost for Ross Molony that. Starting ahead of Baird/Dev in a pretty full pack against a big SA outfit in first game of the season. Hope he continues his form from last year.
Me too. He looked absolutely gigantic and extremely fit vs Quins. It was also his pop pass inside that set Baird off on the run for the latter's try.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

So much for Porter to LH being a 'a stupid idea of the sort usually cooked up by journos after a boozy lunch or fans on forums' and people struggling to believe 'the Leinster coaching staff are that stupid'.

Very interested to see how it works out.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

I have to admit I'm more shocked by the Healy move. Porter going to LH is actually a bit of a relief, because I didn't see us retaining three international class tightheads.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

wixfjord wrote: September 24th, 2021, 1:16 pm So much for Porter to LH being a 'a stupid idea of the sort usually cooked up by journos after a boozy lunch or fans on forums' and people struggling to believe 'the Leinster coaching staff are that stupid'.

A lot of people could have played the I told you so card on this one. You are the only person who has chosen to do so. You have a real edge to your posting, could you take a more respectful tone to this forum. People are here for leisure purposes, nothing adversarial.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

backrower8 wrote: September 24th, 2021, 2:38 pm
wixfjord wrote: September 24th, 2021, 1:16 pm So much for Porter to LH being a 'a stupid idea of the sort usually cooked up by journos after a boozy lunch or fans on forums' and people struggling to believe 'the Leinster coaching staff are that stupid'.

A lot of people could have played the I told you so card on this one. You are the only person who has chosen to do so. You have a real edge to your posting, could you take a more respectful tone to this forum. People are here for leisure purposes, nothing adversarial.
And so it begins !! :D :D :D

Perhaps we could all agree on reserving our adversarial posts to a safe common ground area - that being slagging Munster/South Africa B/Leinster A or whatever you want to call them. That way we can all agree and poke fun in a totally safe manner. Wixfjord might agree to this ?
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Hey man, there's a big block button there if you don't want to see my posts. Feel free to use it instead of the back seat modding eh?

Also the irony of you asking for a 'more respectful tone' isn't lost on anyone!
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

wixfjord wrote: September 24th, 2021, 3:38 pm

Hey man, there's a big block button there if you don't want to see my posts. Feel free to use it instead of the back seat modding eh?

Tbf he might have used the wrong login and forgot which persona to use.
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Match Preview: Leinster Rugby vs Bulls

We're back baby!!!

And we're not just back for the new season, they'll actually let us watch it again in person!!!

Okay sure, there were 1,500 people allowed into the RDS for the last game of the season against the Dragons and there was a decent enough crowd in the Aviva for the only pre-season game against Harlequins. But this is the first time since February 2020 that we'll see a proper crowd attend a competitive game. Fair enough it would be nicer to be heading to the RDS tomorrow evening but the Aviva will do until we can get back to our proper home.

Read more...
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

I'll be very happy to eat crow if this works out, and wish them the best, but still think it's a huge risk for all involved.

But then I'm not a WUM.
Anyone But New Zealand
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

FLIP wrote: September 24th, 2021, 4:16 pm

I'll be very happy to eat crow if this works out, and wish them the best, but still think it's a huge risk for all involved.

But then I'm not a WUM.
It's not about whether it works out or not though, you constantly repeated that it wasn't true or had been made up by fans.

Whereas actually both Leinster & Irish coaches had mentioned it and now it has come to pass.

I mean literally everyone agrees that it's a risk!
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

wixfjord wrote: September 24th, 2021, 4:17 pm
FLIP wrote: September 24th, 2021, 4:16 pm

But then I'm not a WUM.
It's not about whether it works out or not though, you constantly repeated that it wasn't true or had been made up by fans.

Whereas actually both Leinster & Irish coaches had mentioned it and now it has come to pass.

I mean literally everyone agrees that it's a risk!
No, I said I couldn't believe it was true given the huge risks involved, and that in my view it wasn't an idea worth trying and one that was on the tier of those come up by people on a boozy lunch, and I still stand by that. Stop twisting other peoples words to match your antagonistic agenda.
Anyone But New Zealand
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

wixfjord wrote: September 24th, 2021, 3:38 pm

No quarter given and none taken. Name that pundit
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.