Leinster v Harlequins, Sept. 10th, 7pm.

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Re: Leinster v Harlequins, Sept. 10th, 7pm.

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Jame Lowe starting to turn into a 'Dub' ..... "Aw Jaysus". Can we get him to say "Y'all righ Bud" :lol:

https://twitter.com/leinsterrugby/statu ... 8954201134
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

wixfjord wrote: September 10th, 2021, 10:23 pm Rob Russell had a good game too. Interesting to see if he can step up a level. Good burst of acceleration.
Two fingers from him at Gatland?
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

CiaranIrl wrote: September 11th, 2021, 12:42 pm
wixfjord wrote: September 10th, 2021, 10:23 pm Rob Russell had a good game too. Interesting to see if he can step up a level. Good burst of acceleration.
I mean it quite clearly was yes.

Heard he gave a stinging interview afterwards about Gatty too.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Interesting to see the body composition of a few players last night.

Thought Lowe looked svelte and very fit and Deegan has clearly put on a few kilos.

COB looked like he was slimmer than I remembered too.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

CiaranIrl wrote: September 11th, 2021, 12:42 pm
:lol: very good!
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

wixfjord wrote: September 11th, 2021, 1:40 pm Interesting to see the body composition of a few players last night.

Thought Lowe looked svelte and very fit and Deegan has clearly put on a few kilos.

Thought the same about Deegan. Thought he had got bigger before his injury too but had still hadn’t filled out all that much, looked huge last night. Looked more like a solid Vermuelen type 8 than the Spies physique he used to have.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: September 11th, 2021, 2:59 pm
wixfjord wrote: September 11th, 2021, 1:40 pm Interesting to see the body composition of a few players last night.

Thought the same about Deegan. Thought he had got bigger before his injury too but had still hadn’t filled out all that much, looked huge last night. Looked more like a solid Vermuelen type 8 than the Spies physique he used to have.
Ross Moloney looked massively compact too.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Who was the replacement 9 who came on?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

the spoofer wrote:Who was the replacement 9 who came on?
Cormac Foley wasn't it?
I have Bumbleflex
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Dave Cahill wrote: September 12th, 2021, 11:05 am
Cormac Foley wasn't it?
Yes
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Dave Cahill wrote: September 12th, 2021, 11:05 am
Cormac Foley wasn't it?
Thanks
Corporatemarky

Post by Corporatemarky »

Hi all. I saw that Leo praised the control Ross B brought at OH in the second half. We were there. There was little of the sort. Courageous and committed, but definitely no control nor ability to play heads up rugby, poor and slow passer - same as always unfortunately with a huge gap between Ross and Johnny. And Harry preferred for Ireland but at number 3 for Leinster. In 5th season now and no evident development. If he is again preferred to Harry, then really have to start seriously questioning the mgt. Ross has impressed maybe 2 games of 100...what have I and my group missed over the last 5 years ??
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Corporatemarky wrote: September 13th, 2021, 12:19 pm Hi all. I saw that Leo praised the control Ross B brought at OH in the second half. We were there. There was little of the sort. Courageous and committed, but definitely no control nor ability to play heads up rugby, poor and slow passer - same as always unfortunately with a huge gap between Ross and Johnny. And Harry preferred for Ireland but at number 3 for Leinster. In 5th season now and no evident development. If he is again preferred to Harry, then really have to start seriously questioning the mgt. Ross has impressed maybe 2 games of 100...what have I and my group missed over the last 5 years ??
The Euro QF last year for a start.
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

Corporatemarky wrote: September 13th, 2021, 12:19 pm Hi all. I saw that Leo praised the control Ross B brought at OH in the second half. We were there. There was little of the sort. Courageous and committed, but definitely no control nor ability to play heads up rugby, poor and slow passer - same as always unfortunately with a huge gap between Ross and Johnny And Harry preferred for Ireland but at number 3 for Leinster. In 5th season now and no evident development. If he is again preferred to Harry, then really have to start seriously questioning the mgt. Ross has impressed maybe 2 games of 100...what have I and my group missed over the last 5 years ??
Rugby is back, crowds are back, we've a new season that hasn't even started yet to get excited by and you come on to have a moan about one player?

Mortifies me I support the same team as people like you
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

I saw the highlights last night, the two young centres especially the 12 look v good players and also the hooker

Mcgrath and Sexton are the stand out half backs in the competition , McGrath has an excellent pass and always impresses me

The final try was as scrappy as you'll see on a rugby field but they all count :)
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

JB1973 wrote: September 15th, 2021, 9:46 am I saw the highlights last night, the two young centres especially the 12 look v good players and also the hooker

Mcgrath and Sexton are the stand out half backs in the competition , McGrath has an excellent pass and always impresses me

The final try was as scrappy as you'll see on a rugby field but they all count :)
not sure many leinster fans would agree with that.
OneLungDavy
Bookworm

Post by OneLungDavy »

arsebiscuits1 wrote: September 13th, 2021, 3:12 pm
Corporatemarky wrote: September 13th, 2021, 12:19 pm Hi all. I saw that Leo praised the control Ross B brought at OH in the second half. We were there. There was little of the sort. Courageous and committed, but definitely no control nor ability to play heads up rugby, poor and slow passer - same as always unfortunately with a huge gap between Ross and Johnny And Harry preferred for Ireland but at number 3 for Leinster. In 5th season now and no evident development. If he is again preferred to Harry, then really have to start seriously questioning the mgt. Ross has impressed maybe 2 games of 100...what have I and my group missed over the last 5 years ??
Rugby is back, crowds are back, we've a new season that hasn't even started yet to get excited by and you come on to have a moan about one player?

Jaysus, that was a bit OTT. He was trying to get a discussion going, everyone has opinions.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

OneLungDavy wrote: September 15th, 2021, 10:58 am
arsebiscuits1 wrote: September 13th, 2021, 3:12 pm

Jaysus, that was a bit OTT. He was trying to get a discussion going, everyone has opinions.
:happy clapper:
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Calling for sacking the management over selecting Ross Byrne in a pre-season game is wildly OTT. It's hardly positive discourse that should be immune from criticism. Attacking a player who's given 100% to Leinster over many years isn't the way to start the kind of debate most posters here would like to see. It is a way to get foed.

He was only on the bench and Harry Byrne was part of the summer tour so there's cause to hold him back.