The Leinster Outhalf preview 2021/22

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Re: The Leinster Outhalf preview 2021/22

Post by Flash Gordon »

jezzer wrote: January 17th, 2022, 12:10 pm Nothing much wrong with Ross' performance at the weekend, albeit against relative trash (esp his opposite number).
Thought it was his best European performance since the game he played vs Toulouse. Not sure he's the longer term answer but he's our second best currently.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Flash Gordon wrote: January 17th, 2022, 12:55 pm
jezzer wrote: January 17th, 2022, 12:10 pm Nothing much wrong with Ross' performance at the weekend, albeit against relative trash (esp his opposite number).
Thought it was his best European performance since the game he played vs Toulouse. Not sure he's the longer term answer but he's our second best currently.
Would be my assessment also.
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

Flash Gordon wrote: January 17th, 2022, 12:55 pm
Exeter last year?
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

It has surprised me just how little our 10 is the first receiver in our general play - hardly ever. Frawley, Lowe and Ringrose were first reveiver so many times. I'm sure it was always used to some extent but it seems to be the standard now - I think Ireland were doing similar as well.

Is this to take the pressure off the 10 as distributor - or maybe they've always been at it and I hadn't noticed
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

He seemed to have an extra yard of pace too. :o
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

The Doc wrote: January 17th, 2022, 4:06 pm It has surprised me just how little our 10 is the first receiver in our general play - hardly ever. Frawley, Lowe and Ringrose were first reveiver so many times. I'm sure it was always used to some extent but it seems to be the standard now - I think Ireland were doing similar as well.

Is this to take the pressure off the 10 as distributor - or maybe they've always been at it and I hadn't noticed
In a split backline with screen runners first receiver isnt the important place.