Season tickets and Covid

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Season tickets and Covid

Post by The Doc »

They seem to have delivered a load of them before sending the letter. I have 5 season tickets... 2 packs (renewed season tickets) were delivered last week and the other 3 (new season tickets) have not been delivered yet. 5 notices received today. If I could work out which notice related to which pack I could probably just pay for 3.

Someone asked if the packs included the season tickets... They don't. No plastic cards this year. They have the scarf, travel mug and blue bag they call a wash bag. Other than the scarf you won't miss much

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

https://twitter.com/leinsterrugby/statu ... 09253?s=08

A bit of a f%~k up it seems. If brotheroffrank's calculations below are right, this could end up costing Leinster a few quid.
brotheroffrank
Knowledgeable

Post by brotheroffrank »

wixfjord wrote: September 13th, 2021, 12:48 pm https://twitter.com/leinsterrugby/statu ... 09253?s=08

A bit of a f%~k up it seems. If brotheroffrank's calculations below are right, this could end up costing Leinster a few quid.
Even if there are only 10,000 Season Ticket Holders this year.....think of the better places €38,600 could be spent by Leinster Rugby.....

Time to do a sponsorship deal methinks!
heno
Knowledgeable

Post by heno »

crumlinbob wrote:Got the Customs Charge letter this morning, no supporters pack though. The letter states if the fee is not paid within 16 working days the item will be returned to sender. That’s fine by me. Maybe then Leinster can distribute them as normal later in the season.

A 3.50 fee to collect .36c vat.
Ahem

Not to distract from the main issue but its 0.36 euro or 36 cent. Not 0.36 cent.

Please carry on...

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

msmx5
Beginner

Post by msmx5 »

All I can say is lets hope the on-field product is better than the off-field supporters pack.
  • Home grown vs UK import
  • Quality vs Cheap (a 37p scarf!!)
  • Better than last year vs worst package in living memory
  • On time results vs stuck in customs*
Roll on the Bulls on the 25th!

*Don't mention the Isa episode in SA!
JohnB
Graduate

Post by JohnB »

Annoyingly, I'd just returned from my local PO having paid the customs fee when I received the notification from Leinster Rugby about the issue. I'm surprised that Leinster Rugby have sourced their merchandise from a country outside the EU (why not from within the Republic of Ireland) and particularly from the country whose State is trying to circumvent its obligations arising from the Treaty it signed.
brotheroffrank
Knowledgeable

Post by brotheroffrank »

JohnB wrote: September 13th, 2021, 2:53 pm Annoyingly, I'd just returned from my local PO having paid the customs fee when I received the notification from Leinster Rugby about the issue. I'm surprised that Leinster Rugby have sourced their merchandise from a country outside the EU (why not from within the Republic of Ireland) and particularly from the country whose State is trying to circumvent its obligations arising from the Treaty it signed.
now you might end up having to pay An Post €1.10 for the stamp to post Leinster Rugby proof of payment, just so you can get a refund from Leinster Rugby of your €3.86....if An Post were a bank they would be laughing all the way to themselves....
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Its not really about the money though, it's the price of a pint in a bar with notions, most of us will pay it and not look for a refund. Its the 'slap dash and make do' nature of it - along with the use of a third country company.
I have Bumbleflex
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

brotheroffrank wrote: September 13th, 2021, 3:06 pm
JohnB wrote: September 13th, 2021, 2:53 pm Annoyingly, I'd just returned from my local PO having paid the customs fee when I received the notification from Leinster Rugby about the issue. I'm surprised that Leinster Rugby have sourced their merchandise from a country outside the EU (why not from within the Republic of Ireland) and particularly from the country whose State is trying to circumvent its obligations arising from the Treaty it signed.
now you might end up having to pay An Post €1.10 for the stamp to post Leinster Rugby proof of payment, just so you can get a refund from Leinster Rugby of your €3.86....if An Post were a bank they would be laughing all the way to themselves....
https://www.anpost.com/Money/Current-Account
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

brotheroffrank wrote:
They said to email them proof of payment.

domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Just received my customs charge notice from An Post. I'm in Belfast so either is this a protocol issue or we re-integrated with the national territory last night no-one was looking. They can send the pack back to whence it came as far as I'm concerned but I do think the OLSC should send a strongly worded letter to whoever at Leinster greenlighted this shite.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Dave Cahill wrote: September 13th, 2021, 3:14 pm Its not really about the money though, it's the price of a pint in a bar with notions, most of us will pay it and not look for a refund. Its the 'slap dash and make do' nature of it - along with the use of a third country company.
All that, plus the cost accumulatively Leinster could actually do something decent with. 40k they could add another couple of academy players at a time when young lads seem like they have been overlooked because of a lack of rugby, they could donate it to a Supporters Club Charity, do something for mini’s rugby, invest it in something new for the province. They let supporters donate the remaining value on their 2019/2020 season tickets if they so wished to help Leinster Rugby, they let supporters buy memberships (let’s be honest a cash donation) in 2020/2021 to help Leinster Rugby, if the season ticket was €10 euro more per season I’d still get it to help Leinster Rugby. The pissing money against a wall and being nonchalant about it at a time when they made out they are on their knees pisses me off greatly.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
JohnB
Graduate

Post by JohnB »

I think someone earlier in the thread said that STH's will not be sent actual plastic ST cards this season. Am I to take it then that we will be using the print at home option for all games this season?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

JohnB wrote: September 13th, 2021, 4:02 pm I think someone earlier in the thread said that STH's will not be sent actual plastic ST cards this season. Am I to take it then that we will be using the print at home option for all games this season?
I have to say that the 'add to google wallet/apple pay' option was excellent for the Quins match tickets
I have Bumbleflex
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

domhnallj » September 13th, 2021, 3:39 pm

"Just received my customs charge notice from An Post. I'm in Belfast so either is this a protocol issue or we re-integrated with the national territory last night no-one was looking. (...)"

Made my day, dude. LMFAO! Our day will come!!!
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Dave Cahill wrote:
JohnB wrote: September 13th, 2021, 4:02 pm I think someone earlier in the thread said that STH's will not be sent actual plastic ST cards this season. Am I to take it then that we will be using the print at home option for all games this season?
I have to say that the 'add to google wallet/apple pay' option was excellent for the Quins match tickets
+1

You can print at home but the phones wallet was handy. If you're not familiar with it you can also just log into the season ticket account and screenshot the QR code and use the picture.

riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

riocard911 wrote: September 13th, 2021, 4:05 pm domhnallj » September 13th, 2021, 3:39 pm

"Just received my customs charge notice from An Post. I'm in Belfast so either is this a protocol issue or we re-integrated with the national territory last night no-one was looking. (...)"

Made my day, dude. LMFAO! Our day will come!!!
p.s. Whatever you do, don't tell Jeffrey Donaldson!!!!!
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Two apologies in two days. Leinster need to get their act together.
heno
Knowledgeable

Post by heno »

I'm still hoping there is an explanation and if there is a f%~k up, it wasn't leinster's.
The choice to use a UK company can be argued against but is probably the result of a cheapest bidder. You can only assume vat and delivery were priced into it.
If leinster can prove to an post that they have paid the vat already, then maybe an post will refund. Or if the UK company didn't relay the funds, or fill in the paperwork properly, then they should refund to leinster.
But if this is the first leinster are hearing about vat from the uk then someone does need to be tarred and feathered.

heno
Knowledgeable

Post by heno »

Given the small amount of vat due, is the most likely thing the UK company mislabelled one of the products and an post upped the vat due?