Season tickets and Covid

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Caliphi
Learner

Season tickets and Covid

Post by Caliphi »

Does anyone know what is planned to happen for season ticket holders when season begins?
It seems highly unlikely that all will be allowed into ground, so will it be a lottery for the seats? Will everyone get their seat? Will nobody?
Seeing that the rules on everything else constantly change, I can only assume that there has to be Plans C, D and maybe to Z to cater for all eventualities.
Any ideas? Suggestions?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Re: Season tickets and Covid

Post by Dave Cahill »

Its hard to know, as you say, eveything is constantly changing. The Leinster Rugby COVID officer (I don't know if such a thing exists btw) could come on here and say exactly whats going to happen and by the time they hit submit the situation would have changed completely. I'd say its a wait and see job
I have Bumbleflex
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

A "Munster" fan and season ticket holder tells me that they're suspending games at their Cark venue and will be operating at 50% capacity in Stab City which sounds like back to normal for them to be fair. Although hard to believe they'll be allowed to use the terraces in the short term.

If we're doing the same, then we're looking at 9k (10 if they put the extra seating in) which would mean no public sale and ST holders possibly having to "opt in" to attend or a lottery. I reckon the former would work as you'll get a good few ST holders who won't attend every game.

Hopefully we'll be back to full houses for the European games.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

https://www.mrsc.ie/2021/06/09/44368/

They're aiming to use Cork later in the season as restrictions ease.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Has anyone heard anything about the reduced number of games next year for the season tickets? 11 games makes the season ticket price a bit of a rip off.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Who knows WTF is going on..........depends what Holohan writes down on the back of a fag packet.....

Best idea would be to pack out the RDS first night back full capacity and extra seating the whole shebang BUT make sure LEO and a couple of government ministers get free tickets and then wait for the usual 'super spreader scandal government minister post match press scandal and hand wringing' and Leo can then go to the Attorney General and get him to rule that 20,000 in the RDS is within the legal restrictions..................
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

lol!!!
RobbieRockBoy
Enlightened

Post by RobbieRockBoy »

ronk wrote: August 8th, 2021, 1:36 am https://www.mrsc.ie/2021/06/09/44368/

They're aiming to use Cork later in the season as restrictions ease.
Early matches are in TP as 13k capacity at 50%. Both Terrace & stand tickets sold, yesterday i was able to add on extra 2 'junior' terrace tickets for 100e to my season ticket. Attendance will be spread out over whole of stadium, MB working on assumption of 50% capacity until Xmas, with hope 100% for New year, (or just before, ie Leinster Xmas game)
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Leinster contingency includes the Aviva where didtsnacing is obviously easier. The priority will be to accomodate season tickets and sponsors. Anything after that will be a bonus I'd imagine.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Season ticket pack arrived today. Sent from England, which I thought a bit strange - would be nice to support local businesses.

Anyway the scarf is nice and long. And there won't be any physical season tickets this year
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Laighin Break wrote: September 9th, 2021, 1:13 pm Season ticket pack arrived today. Sent from England, which I thought a bit strange - would be nice to support local businesses.

Anyway the scarf is nice and long. And there won't be any physical season tickets this year
I have 3 on the account, received one last week and still waiting on the other two. Received 3 nice customs charges letter for these in the post this morning. Cheers Leinster.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Got two customs charges letters this morning - one for me, one for herself. Was wondering what they were.

a) Why is this stuff being sent from England.
b) Why did they not make sure the VAT sorted
I have Bumbleflex
rosscarrick
Knowledgeable

Post by rosscarrick »

Its full-on wrong for it to come from England. Maybe they could give an opt out selection in future.
(Im also annoyed that whoever delivered didnt ring the doorbell and just left them in the driveway - as I was away for a couple of days).
The French are predictably unpredictable
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

Got the customs notice too. My wife, who has her brother on her account, got 1 pack and 1 customs notice. My folks got both of theirs no hassle. I wonder did they sort the VAT on some shipments and not others?
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

I got a customs notice but no pack.

Other half got her pack last Wednesday and also got customs notice this morning.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
R-Dog
Graduate

Post by R-Dog »

Got the pack last week and a customs notice today.

0.36c Vat and a Handling fee of €3.50 due, If I dont pay its returned to sender (bit difficult consider its already delivered...)
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

I got two customs letters this morning. I tried to phone the ticket office but they’re still working remotely so I tweeted them instead - wonder if I’ll get a response.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
demonreedler

Post by demonreedler »

I got a customs notice but no pack - does the pack have the season ticket in it or just the usual stocking filler rubbish? Really poor form not to source this stuff locally never mind in the UK.
brotheroffrank
Knowledgeable

Post by brotheroffrank »

Pack arrived last week, letter this morning, €3.50 is the An Post Charge....which is 970% above the VAT assessed to be collected and remitted to Revenue...

So, the €0.36 VAT goes to revenue; so be it....that is a consequence of Brexit and a decision to supply these items from the UK - not one I agree with, but perhaps Leinster Rugby had their reasons ?? I hope they will explain...

The real issue I see here is about Tax Collection....

An Post are applying an additional €3.50 charge, which is levied because "A customs admin fee is also charged by An Post for customs handling of items imported from countries outside the EU. This fee is in addition to any duty or VAT payable"....

An Post go on to say "This Customs Charge must be paid to An Post within 16 working days in order for your item to be released for delivery"....despite the fact that the items were delivered to me last week...so, correct me if i am wrong, but it seems to me that the An Post Fee should be re-designated as a "lack of administration fee" on their part....

assuming approx 12,000 season ticket holders, An Post are saying they can (and will- and have) levy a total of approx €42,000 as an admin fee....in order to collect approx €4,320 VAT.....and pass it to Revenue;

but given the "lack of administration" they are charging they wont collect the €4,320, because, instead of actually holding the items until the VAT (and Admin Fee) is paid by the recipient, they have in many cases already delivered the item....

meanwhile the VAT of €4,320 is still payable, but who will Revenue demand it from ?

will Revenue require An Post to pay the VAT on all the items delivered, that seems appropriate to me....it seems to me that An Post have identified themselves as the VAT collection agent here on the items delivered or am i wrong?

oh yeah, is there VAT within the "Lack of Administration Fee" or are the An Post administration services VAT exempt?? [An Post didn't supply me with a VAT invoice for their "Administration Fee/Services"]....

and while I am wondering various musings....how much were the Royal Mail paid in postage fees; is that figure comparable to the approx €42,000 being levied by An Post?

And will I forgo an americano this week and donate the cost to An Post instead, because it might be a good time to be nice to tax collectors??

An Post levying approx €42,000 of an admin fee.....what is the average postmasters salary.....?
Last edited by brotheroffrank on September 13th, 2021, 12:34 pm, edited 14 times in total.
crumlinbob
Bookworm

Post by crumlinbob »

Got the Customs Charge letter this morning, no supporters pack though. The letter states if the fee is not paid within 16 working days the item will be returned to sender. That’s fine by me. Maybe then Leinster can distribute them as normal later in the season.

A 3.50 fee to collect .36c vat.
Life's a lot more fun when you're not responsible for your actions.