Season tickets and Covid

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

brotheroffrank
Knowledgeable

Re: Season tickets and Covid

Post by brotheroffrank »

heno wrote: September 13th, 2021, 7:19 pm Given the small amount of vat due, is the most likely thing the UK company mislabelled one of the products and an post upped the vat due?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
The products are described as having a commercial value of £1.46

reputational value will be calculated differently.....!

[particularly if the An Post Top Brass decided that one of their decisions in the months before they moved out of the GPO (into the Exo Building in the Docklands) would be a decision to administer a VAT levy on DomhnallJ at his address in Belfast....]
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

heno wrote: September 13th, 2021, 2:05 pm
crumlinbob wrote:Got the Customs Charge letter this morning, no supporters pack though. The letter states if the fee is not paid within 16 working days the item will be returned to sender. That’s fine by me. Maybe then Leinster can distribute them as normal later in the season.

A 3.50 fee to collect .36c vat.
Ahem

Not to distract from the main issue but its 0.36 euro or 36 cent. Not 0.36 cent.

Please carry on...

Only if you believe there is no plural for cent.....

Serious egg on face for Leinster. Someone is getting screamed at for this no doubt. Dressing room debacle at the weekend now this....
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

brotheroffrank wrote: September 13th, 2021, 8:24 pm
heno wrote: September 13th, 2021, 7:19 pm Given the small amount of vat due, is the most likely thing the UK company mislabelled one of the products and an post upped the vat due?

The products are described as having a commercial value of £1.46

reputational value will be calculated differently.....!

[particularly if the An Post Top Brass decided that one of their decisions in the months before they moved out of the GPO (into the Exo Building in the Docklands) would be a decision to administer a VAT levy on DomhnallJ at his address in Belfast....]
I suggest Parnell imagined the march of the nation somewhat differently... :lol: :lol: :lol:
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Brexit is a huge mess and it's catching lots of people out. I've seen a few cases of what looked like spiteful amounts of pettiness (things like zealously confiscating truckers sandwiches).

Looks like someone in customs or an Post wanted to make a point. It's not business as usual.
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

Other half just received a second pack.

I have still not received mine.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Some bitter Munster fan in Customs finally getting revenge for the "stationary incident" in the RDS those years ago? Jesus they have long memories :)
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Logorrhea wrote: September 14th, 2021, 11:26 am Some bitter Munster fan in Customs finally getting revenge for the "stationary incident" in the RDS those years ago? Jesus they have long memories :)
Stationary? I’d say they’ve been going backwards.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: September 14th, 2021, 11:33 am
Logorrhea wrote: September 14th, 2021, 11:26 am Some bitter Munster fan in Customs finally getting revenge for the "stationary incident" in the RDS those years ago? Jesus they have long memories :)
Stationary? I’d say they’ve been going backwards.
Good point, very sharp
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

What a total shambles.......really nothing else to say on the matter.................

Actually apologies, one more thing to say - what a total clusterf**k.................
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

UPDATE:

Further to our email yesterday, from our initial queries we have concluded that due to an administrative error the season gift packs were incorrectly labelled hence resulting in the unexpected customs notice being issued by An Post.

We are currently working with An Post and the Revenue Commissioners to resolve the situation and we ask you to take no action regarding the customs notice.

We will be in touch again shortly and we are working hard to resolve this issue as a matter of urgency.

Any season ticket holder who has already paid the customs notice can send a copy of your receipt to tickets@leinsterrugby.ie and we will reimburse you in the coming days.

Again we apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding in this regard.

Yours sincerely,

Leinster Rugby
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

LeinsterLeader wrote: September 14th, 2021, 5:23 pm UPDATE:

Further to our email yesterday, from our initial queries we have concluded that due to an administrative error the season gift packs were incorrectly labelled hence resulting in the unexpected customs notice being issued by An Post.

We are currently working with An Post and the Revenue Commissioners to resolve the situation and we ask you to take no action regarding the customs notice.

We will be in touch again shortly and we are working hard to resolve this issue as a matter of urgency.

Any season ticket holder who has already paid the customs notice can send a copy of your receipt to tickets@leinsterrugby.ie and we will reimburse you in the coming days.

Again we apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding in this regard.

Yours sincerely,

Leinster Rugby
Reasonable response
QBer
Knowledgeable

Post by QBer »

I think Ticketmaster should refund the handling charge...

Makes you wonder what is the cost to the Revenue of collecting the 36 cent. Probably nil when you pay by card at your local post office. I paid there yesterday and the package arrived today so it may well have arrived anyway even if I hadn't paid. It reminds me of a time in the 1980s when Customs levied a charge on a consignment of Careers Guidance booklets from the UK destined for students in UCD. The then head of Careers wrote in the IT to say that they had to return the job lot because they couldn't pay the duty and the students lost out. It's on a par with that.

Do these people profess to be efficient?
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

The Doc wrote: September 13th, 2021, 4:08 pm
Dave Cahill wrote:
JohnB wrote: September 13th, 2021, 4:02 pm I think someone earlier in the thread said that STH's will not be sent actual plastic ST cards this season. Am I to take it then that we will be using the print at home option for all games this season?
I have to say that the 'add to google wallet/apple pay' option was excellent for the Quins match tickets
+1

You can print at home but the phones wallet was handy. If you're not familiar with it you can also just log into the season ticket account and screenshot the QR code and use the picture.

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk
Just checked my account and there are no tickets - in the My Games tab it actually says:

No Upcoming Events
Currently, you don't have any upcoming events.Click the below button to purchase tickets.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
JohnB
Graduate

Post by JohnB »

Hi Xanthippe, Thanks for that. At present the only event showing is last weekend's Women's Double Header. I presume the events option will be updated in time for teh Blue Bulls encounter.
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

JohnB wrote: September 15th, 2021, 2:16 pm Hi Xanthippe, Thanks for that. At present the only event showing is last weekend's Women's Double Header. I presume the events option will be updated in time for teh Blue Bulls encounter.
I just checked now and the Bulls match is there.

I've been allocated cr@p seats despite having really good ones in the RDS. The FAQ says that you can't move seats so hopefully we won't have too many matches in the Aviva. I know it's not a big deal, but I'm going to be righteously indignant for the rest of the day.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

JohnB wrote: September 15th, 2021, 2:16 pm Hi Xanthippe, Thanks for that. At present the only event showing is last weekend's Women's Double Header. I presume the events option will be updated in time for teh Blue Bulls encounter.
Just checked again and they're there now - got the exact same seats as we normally would have so very happy with that
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

Anyone unable to download tickets for Bulls match in Season Ticket Account

I have been ringing Leinster Rugby for an hour but no answer.

More hassle, what was wrong with the season ticket card.
How do we access discounts in shops and pubs now
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

bails wrote: September 15th, 2021, 5:58 pm Anyone unable to download tickets for Bulls match in Season Ticket Account

I have been ringing Leinster Rugby for an hour but no answer.

More hassle, what was wrong with the season ticket card.
How do we access discounts in shops and pubs now
I was unable to do it when I logged into my account a few hours ago but just logged in a few minutes ago and was able to download the ticket to my wallet on my phone
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
John23
Enlightened

Post by John23 »

Has anyone seen a discount code for Lifestyle yet? Looking to buy some of the new stuff online.
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

John23 wrote: September 17th, 2021, 12:55 pm Has anyone seen a discount code for Lifestyle yet? Looking to buy some of the new stuff online.
Nothing yet, it says here the benefits will be effective from October 1st.

https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/tickets/se ... -benefits/