United Rugby Championship

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Re: United Rugby Championship

Post by Theleinsterlad »

alanair wrote: June 11th, 2022, 9:49 pm Seriously , can anyone say its good for the competition to have 2 SA teams in the final ?? … id say there will be practically zero interest in the final in these islands .. and I expect Bulks will murder the Stormers … ill look out for the result … but thats about all
Granted I would have loved to see ulster in the final to compete but I’ll definitely watch the final, which should be a cracker between these two, it is our league after all and I’m sick of people running it down. I love going to every game I can and the SA teams are really going to push it to another level now. Dejected we lost to bulls but like others already can’t wait for next season, when all teams will have to be on their game not to let the SA teams dominate.
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

alanair wrote: June 11th, 2022, 9:49 pm Seriously , can anyone say its good for the competition to have 2 SA teams in the final ?? … id say there will be practically zero interest in the final in these islands .. and I expect Bulks will murder the Stormers … ill look out for the result … but thats about all
Populations of URC countries:

SA - 60 Million approx.
Italy - 60 Million approx.
Ireland N&S - 7 Million approx.
Wales - 3 Million approx.
Scotland - 5.5 Million approx.

From a purely business perspective I'd say the URC organisers are doing backflips.
From a competition perspective Irish teams will never take a win over an SA team for granted like all the media and LR did before Friday's game.
This competition has become much more competitive this year.
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Theleinsterlad wrote: June 12th, 2022, 9:04 am
Granted I would have loved to see ulster in the final to compete but I’ll definitely watch the final, which should be a cracker between these two, it is our league after all and I’m sick of people running it down. I love going to every game I can and the SA teams are really going to push it to another level now. Dejected we lost to bulls but like others already can’t wait for next season, when all teams will have to be on their game not to let the SA teams dominate.
+1
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Yep attendance was capped at 30,000.
That's almost as many as the highest previous SF weekend (both games in 2017).
The Saffers have put the URC into overdrive.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

blockhead wrote:Yep attendance was capped at 30,000.
Even the buzz and atmosphere was great. I think they've brought a lot to the comp even in this messed up season.

Must admit I'd consider a week long, two game trip. Must check with John from this parish how his trip went and if he had any tips (maybe something for the Bluestalk Q&A)

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

riocard911 wrote: June 11th, 2022, 10:33 pm
blockhead wrote: June 11th, 2022, 8:52 pm That was some game today. Really sorry for Ulster, would have loved them to win a trophy after all these years.
I think that last kick was good, just. The saffers have really enhanced this tournament no end. Next year is gonna be mega!
I think I might have mentioned in before but those dancers really add to the show, we could take some lessons from the saffers and stop being so stuffy. Jazz it up a little.
The canned music during the breaks in play I can't bear at all, but the cheerleaders... 😉

The music was on during play at times. Horrific.

Cheerleaders? What cheerleaders? I didn't notice any........
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

The Doc wrote: June 12th, 2022, 3:54 pm
blockhead wrote:Yep attendance was capped at 30,000.
Even the buzz and atmosphere was great. I think they've brought a lot to the comp even in this messed up season.

Must admit I'd consider a week long, two game trip. Must check with John from this parish how his trip went and if he had any tips (maybe something for the Bluestalk Q&A)

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk
I have one - fly business if you can afford it, as it's a long old flight down there.

Back in 2008 I did 13 (3 stuck on the runway at Heathrow) hours in the cheapest seat on a BA 747.
Anyone But New Zealand
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Does anybody give a continental who wins the final tomorrow?
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

I'm up for The Stormers!!!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Ruckedtobits wrote: June 17th, 2022, 7:23 pm Does anybody give a continental who wins the final tomorrow?
I give a trans-continental!

I want the Bulls to win - met a fair few bulls fans pre and post match and they were all very pleasant and I'd rather be knocked out by the eventual champions than the eventual runners-up, small comforts I know!
I have Bumbleflex
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

I’d like to see the bulls defeat Evan Roos.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Final is sold out apparently (31k+). Hard to see this years URC as anything but a success. Not perfect, but a success by most measures.

Anyone who still thinks it's a cr@p league....... well I don't know what to tell ye!
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

The only tiny upside for being knocked out is that I couldn't go anyway.

I'll try and catch some of it on the telly if I finish early enough. Prob Bulls for above reasons.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Yeah, Bulls win because we'd have at least lost to the winners, Roo's loses out because he's a pr!*k, and Munster would have lost to the people who lost to the people who lost the final.
Anyone But New Zealand
Blue Man
Enlightened

Post by Blue Man »

FLIP wrote: June 18th, 2022, 1:43 pm Yeah, Bulls win because we'd have at least lost to the winners, Roo's loses out because he's a pr!*k, and Munster would have lost to the people who lost to the people who lost the final.
My thoughts exactly
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

FLIP wrote: June 18th, 2022, 1:43 pm Yeah, Bulls win because we'd have at least lost to the winners, Roo's loses out because he's a pr!*k, and Munster would have lost to the people who lost to the people who lost the final.
I’d just be happy with Roos losing because he’s a pr!*k, could be hormonal?
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Bulls off to some start!!! 0-7 after 5 mins.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

That was a really poor 40 minutes of rugby
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

HT: STO 3-7 BUL
JohnB
Graduate

Post by JohnB »

It seemed to me as if Brace missed that the Stormers last two line out throws were crooked. Pretty intense at the breakdown but not a hugely high quality game thus far.