United Rugby Championship

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

riocard911
Shane Jennings

Re: United Rugby Championship

Post by riocard911 »

I just tried to sign in, as I'm gonna go for the full package. For approx. the same money - 10 yoyos a month - compared to DAZN, where they only showed one or two Pro14 matches and it was hit and miss if I got to see Leinster, I'll get all the matches now on the smartphone and can chromecast them on to de telly. My problem is though, I don't see Germany in the list of countries I can register from listed. Plus entering the date of birth - how does one go back the decades without having to click the bloomin' thing month for month backwards from September 2021? Hmmm.....
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

riocard911 wrote: September 15th, 2021, 11:02 am I just tried to sign in, as I'm gonna go for the full package. For approx. the same money - 10 yoyos a month - compared to DAZN, where they only showed one or two Pro14 matches and it was hit and miss if I got to see Leinster, I'll get all the matches now on the smartphone and can chromecast them on to de telly. My problem is though, I don't see Germany in the list of countries I can register from listed. Plus entering the date of birth - how does one go back the decades without having to click the bloomin' thing month for month backwards from September 2021? Hmmm.....
Going by their blurb, Italy is the only mainland European country which is "geoblocked". Maybe set up problems?
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

riocard911 wrote: September 15th, 2021, 11:02 am I just tried to sign in, as I'm gonna go for the full package. For approx. the same money - 10 yoyos a month - compared to DAZN, where they only showed one or two Pro14 matches and it was hit and miss if I got to see Leinster, I'll get all the matches now on the smartphone and can chromecast them on to de telly. My problem is though, I don't see Germany in the list of countries I can register from listed. Plus entering the date of birth - how does one go back the decades without having to click the bloomin' thing month for month backwards from September 2021? Hmmm.....
Try on a laptop if you have one. You can just type in your DOB or if you click on the September 2021 on the top left of the calendar, you can choose different months and years.
The order of countries is a complete mess. Seems they have translated some countries from their native language to english, but are using the original for alphabetical order - Germany is between Czechia and Djibouti (going by Deutschland I assume). Sweden (/Sverige) is after Sudan but before Singapore though so my theory doesn't fully check out.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Laighin Break wrote: September 15th, 2021, 11:33 am
Try on a laptop if you have one. You can just type in your DOB or if you click on the September 2021 on the top left of the calendar, you can choose different months and years.
The order of countries is a complete mess. Seems they have translated some countries from their native language to english, but are using the original for alphabetical order - Germany is between Czechia and Djibouti (going by Deutschland I assume). Sweden (/Sverige) is after Sudan but before Singapore though so my theory doesn't fully check out.
Thanks for that, Laighin Break. Will do. They're having teething probs alright. Tried to get a code sent via email cos I'd forgotten me password and needed to reset it, only for the system not to recognise my email address... Currently waiting for a reply from them.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Gotta be honest I'm a bit confused about the whole setup. We Have RTE, TG4, Sky Sports and BT (currently), so will there still be some games I won't be able to see unless I also hook up United Rugby channel?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

LeinsterLeader wrote: September 15th, 2021, 12:34 pm Gotta be honest I'm a bit confused about the whole setup. We Have RTE, TG4, Sky Sports and BT (currently), so will there still be some games I won't be able to see unless I also hook up United Rugby channel?
URC TV will be showing all the games, how you purchase them is up to you. You can buy them all, or all the irish ones or on a game by game basis

So

52/60 games involving Irish provinces will be shown FTA on RTE/TG4
Premier Sports are showing every single game
BT Sports is showing the all the Champions Cup games (some games will be on FTA)
Sky Sports show Irish summer tour games

So, if you want to guarantee seeing every Leinster game you can...
Subscribe to premier sports - part of the sky sports extra package which also includes BT Sports for the HEC

Or

RTE/TG4 for those 52 games. If there are any Leinster games in the 8 games not shown, you can buy individual games for €9.99. And purchase the NowTV Sports Extra pass of your choice of duration for the HEC games (you can get day passes for a tenner)

Or

A URC TV package of your choice and a NowTV pass of your choice
I have Bumbleflex
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Dave Cahill wrote: September 15th, 2021, 12:44 pm
LeinsterLeader wrote: September 15th, 2021, 12:34 pm Gotta be honest I'm a bit confused about the whole setup. We Have RTE, TG4, Sky Sports and BT (currently), so will there still be some games I won't be able to see unless I also hook up United Rugby channel?
URC TV will be showing all the games, how you purchase them is up to you. You can buy them all, or all the irish ones or on a game by game basis

So

BT Sports is showing the all the Champions Cup games (some games will be on FTA)

Subscribe to premier sports - part of the sky sports extra package which also includes BT Sports for the HEC

Or

RTE/TG4 for those 52 games. If there are any Leinster games in the 8 games not shown, you can buy individual games for €9.99. And purchase the NowTV Sports Extra pass of your choice of duration for the HEC games (you can get day passes for a tenner)

Or

Brilliant Breakdown Dave. Thanks very much
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

LeinsterLeader wrote: September 15th, 2021, 1:57 pm

So

Or

Or

Brilliant Breakdown Dave. Thanks very much
+1 :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
R-Dog
Graduate

Post by R-Dog »

Any idea does URTV pass allow for watching on 2 devices at once?
R-Dog
Graduate

Post by R-Dog »

R-Dog wrote: September 15th, 2021, 5:03 pm Any idea does URTV pass allow for watching on 2 devices at once?
Found the answer

Solution home Watching URC TV Tips & Common Problems
Can I have more than one computer/device logged in to RUC TV at one time? Print
Modified on: Wed, 1 Sep, 2021 at 9:15 PM

If you have a pass you can have more than one computer/device logged into your URC TV account at any one time but you must access a different game on each device.

You can't watch the same game at the same time on different devices or browser tabs.

You can, however, watch separate games at the same time on different devices/browser tabs under the same subscription.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

R-Dog wrote: September 15th, 2021, 5:11 pm
R-Dog wrote: September 15th, 2021, 5:03 pm Any idea does URTV pass allow for watching on 2 devices at once?
Found the answer

Solution home Watching URC TV Tips & Common Problems
Can I have more than one computer/device logged in to RUC TV at one time? Print
Modified on: Wed, 1 Sep, 2021 at 9:15 PM

If you have a pass you can have more than one computer/device logged into your URC TV account at any one time but you must access a different game on each device.

You can't watch the same game at the same time on different devices or browser tabs.

You can, however, watch separate games at the same time on different devices/browser tabs under the same subscription.
Can one! watch one game live and another game later on.
Note
one! can be construed to mean "a subscriber" or "a person" or "an entity" or "I" even.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

So

Or

Or

Not in Canada.

Last year it was DAZN showing possibly one game a week and often not the one they advertised.

Now it's Rogers/Sportsnet with some rights (even though no mention of it on their website) but you're guaranteed 4 games a week if you pay for the subscription. Doesn't seem worth it to me to pay a sub to hope that games I'd prefer to watch were in those 4.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

some not so great shite talk here on URC: https://www.the42.ie/roc-nation-rugby-5553405-Sep2021/
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

mildlyinterested wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 3:31 pm some not so great shite talk here on URC: https://www.the42.ie/roc-nation-rugby-5553405-Sep2021/
Itoje signed up after a chance meeting? Sounds legit. This guy is a go to source for straight up information.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

mildlyinterested wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 3:31 pm some not so great shite talk here on URC: https://www.the42.ie/roc-nation-rugby-5553405-Sep2021/
TGIF is outdated and overrated.
Like what is so special about Friday.
POETS day has a lot more going for it.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

It's showbiz. I wouldn't read too much into what is essentially PR fluff. That said, the players council could be a good idea.

p.s. I can't stand Jay-Z, the world's first hip hop billionaire. To me he represents gangsta rap and everything that's wrong with it. Me, I prefer my hip hop old school or underground.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Finally managed to get in to URC TV and take out an annual subscription. I - AM - THRILLED!!!!!!!!
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

riocard911 wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 5:58 pm Finally managed to get in to URC TV and take out an annual subscription. I - AM - THRILLED!!!!!!!!
Is there an App for Smart Tvs or will we have to Chromecast from a phone/tablet
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

IanD wrote: September 23rd, 2021, 8:36 am
riocard911 wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 5:58 pm Finally managed to get in to URC TV and take out an annual subscription. I - AM - THRILLED!!!!!!!!
Is there an App for Smart Tvs or will we have to Chromecast from a phone/tablet
From my reading of the FAQs on the URC website, viewing via Smart TV is not supported, but Chromecasting of the feed coming thru on the URC app should work grand.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

I haven't tried this, but I wonder if the URC app can be installed on a "Chromecast wth Google TV" - it might be possible to sideload it
I have Bumbleflex