United Rugby Championship

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Re: United Rugby Championship

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Ulster are very good side, no doubt...... but based on today's performance we'll have plenty of chances next week. Whether we can take them or not is a different question.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Bundee Aki doing himself no favours there
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

:shock: Jaysus that was some score from the Stormers!
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

Some weekend for tries in the URC. Averaging almost 9 tries a game so far.

10 tries in Zebre vs Sharks
10 tries in Glasgow vs Cardiff
7 tries in Leinster vs Benetton
12 tries in Scarlets vs Ulster
9 tries in Bulls vs Edinburgh
5 tries Stormers vs Connacht
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

cormac wrote: September 24th, 2022, 2:59 pm Bundee Aki doing himself no favours there
I'm sick and tired of Bundee giving refs push back. Shoulder charge at high speed to the opposing player's head was a red card all day. I hope the citing commissioners give him extra time for all the lip. FFS, he's a professional rugby player, so he should stop acting like a petulant child and take his medicine for the team.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Seems like this is trying to will it to happen

https://twitter.com/TheRugbyPaper/statu ... sF3H2cMCgQ
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
naraic
Mullet

Post by naraic »

paddyor wrote: September 25th, 2022, 6:09 pm Seems like this is trying to will it to happen

The English are floating the idea but the Welsh teams are tied into contracts with the URC. If the English want a 14 team premiership (which is their stated goal) they need external clubs to bail them out.

The Premiership aren't going to buy them out of contracts.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Premiership

Two Welsh clubs lined up to play in England

25 September 2022
EXCLUSIVE
By NEIL FISSLER

Premiership Rugby have had initial discussions with the Welsh Rugby Union about two Welsh regions joining England’s elite club competition from the start of next season.

Premiership bosses are understood to be ready to turn to Wales to fill potential vacancies that will be left if financially distressed Worcester Warriors and Wasps go to the wall in the coming weeks.

The Warriors, £25 million in debt, are likely to be forced into administration and suspended by the RFU tomorrow if, as seems likely, they cannot provide ....

That's as much as I could block copy from TheRugbyPaper.

Confirms my/our suspicions: Having run the Prem business model into a wall, the English are now going to try and cannibalise the URC to get their own show back on the road of financial solvency or at least the suggestion thereof, by getting either the Welsh or the Saffers to join in their schemes....
Serb
Mullet

United Rugby Championship

Post by Serb »

Saw that Frawley had surgery yesterday and won’t travel with Ireland. Expected to be fit again around the Irish game vs Fiji.

Soroka also ruled out of the tour, Ben Murphy has been added to the squad.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Some interesting developments around officiating in the URC:
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rug ... w-25108369

Key points
  • Four-man panel of independent assessors to review the performance of match officials along with Head of Match Officials Tappe Henning. These are Nigel Owens, George Clancy, Stuart Berry & Neil Paterson
  • Former Scotland hooker Steve Scott appointed as a set-piece consultant
  • Referees and TMOs will be paired - "The more they work together the more effective they become..."
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Laighin Break wrote: September 28th, 2022, 10:16 am Some interesting developments around officiating in the URC:
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rug ... w-25108369

Key points
  • Four-man panel of independent assessors to review the performance of match officials along with Head of Match Officials Tappe Henning. These are Nigel Owens, George Clancy, Stuart Berry & Neil Paterson
  • Former Scotland hooker Steve Scott appointed as a set-piece consultant
  • Referees and TMOs will be paired - "The more they work together the more effective they become..."
Very good decisions these appointments. I hope that Union Referee Officials have been told to 'butt out' and not interfere with this process to ensure we get continuity of development of the best available referees.
JohnB
Graduate

Post by JohnB »

paddyor wrote: September 25th, 2022, 6:09 pm Seems like this is trying to will it to happen

Walesonline reporting that this is unlikely to happen as it would lead to breaking of contracts and to litigation and also reporting that if there have been talks they have not been official.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

JohnB wrote: September 28th, 2022, 5:39 pm

Walesonline reporting that this is unlikely to happen as it would lead to breaking of contracts and to litigation and also reporting that if there have been talks they have not been official.
The kite just crashed, in other words. Good.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Evan Roos being Evan Roos, scummer
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Looking at the Bulls, Stormers, Sharks & even the Lions, this is going to be a very difficult tournament to win. Defences are very strong and almost every team has two or three stand-out attackers. This could be tougher that Heino.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Munster have got two try’s off their lineout maul. POM has taken both lineouts and both of them Wycherley and Knox have formed the maul ahead of him without the ball. Both very clear. Very harsh on Zebre.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

3rd try lineout maul. Wycherley takes it and POM forms maul ahead of him.

The problem will be when they do it in a big game and get penalised, bit like ourselves with men joining formed mauls ahead of the carrier.

Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

OTT wrote: October 1st, 2022, 5:41 pm joining formed mauls ahead of the carrier.
Ah but are they joining ahead of the carrier or are they joining and binding on the carrier (no matter how briefly and lightly) before sliding forward? The former is illegal, the latter is an exploit. Luke McGrath, for example, was entirely legal for Sheehans try last night. He joins from behind and binds on the ball carrier. What happens, or should happen, after that is not referenced in the laws.
I have Bumbleflex
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

I think Zebre have lost every single one of their own lineout’s. It’s absolutely killing them.

Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Benetton have beaten Scarlets in Treviso 34 -23
I have Bumbleflex