A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

FLIP
Seán Cronin

Re: United Rugby Championship

Post by FLIP »

The Doc wrote: August 20th, 2021, 9:53 am
neill_m wrote: August 19th, 2021, 5:53 pm
Premier Sports has also been awarded TV rights for the Republic of Ireland for the first time in the new era of the game-changing tournament expanding its coverage to bring together live coverage from each round to a wider rugby audience across the UK and Ireland.
If I read their website correctly, the only way to get Premier is with Sky - that correct?
I think you can stream from them directly, or at least you used to be able to.
Anyone But New Zealand
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

FLIP wrote: August 20th, 2021, 10:42 am
neill_m wrote: August 19th, 2021, 5:53 pm
Premier Sports has also been awarded TV rights for the Republic of Ireland for the first time in the new era of the game-changing tournament expanding its coverage to bring together live coverage from each round to a wider rugby audience across the UK and Ireland.
If I read their website correctly, the only way to get Premier is with Sky - that correct?
You can get Premier Sport through Now TV.
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

D4surfer wrote: August 20th, 2021, 10:53 am
FLIP wrote: August 20th, 2021, 10:42 am

You can get Premier Sport through Now TV.
That's still Sky though just under a different name.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Morf wrote: August 20th, 2021, 11:32 pm That's still Sky though just under a different name.
But you can subscribe to it without a subscription to any of the sky channels and can stream it directly to mobile devices or smart TV's. Experience and ability to access is very different.
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

I thought the new league format was going on terrestrial tv in Ireland? Is this no longer the case
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Theleinsterlad wrote: August 21st, 2021, 1:25 pm I thought the new league format was going on terrestrial tv in Ireland? Is this no longer the case
A significant number of games featuring some provinces in most of Ireland will be live on terrestrial television in Ireland.

All games will be live on Premier Sports
I have Bumbleflex
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

Logorrhea wrote: August 21st, 2021, 10:16 am
Morf wrote: August 20th, 2021, 11:32 pm That's still Sky though just under a different name.
But you can subscribe to it without a subscription to any of the sky channels and can stream it directly to mobile devices or smart TV's. Experience and ability to access is very different.
If have you have Eir or Virgin Media you're still paying for another service (from Sky). The original question was more related to 'only sky' and split hairs or not it's still only Sky not via a service they are already paying for.
RavenhillRaider
Knowledgeable

Post by RavenhillRaider »

neill_m wrote:
domhnallj wrote: August 19th, 2021, 11:36 am
neill_m wrote: August 19th, 2021, 10:15 am Unsure how to post pictures here, but basically the league have said the fixtures are with the clubs and the broadcasters and will hopefully be published shortly.
Does anyone know if Premier Sports is showing all the games for this years league? I just saw from my bank statement that they charged me £120 and I want to make sure I gets my monies worth.
UK sports broadcaster Premier Sports will show every game LIVE and host more than 100 exclusive rugby fixtures in the new look United Rugby Championship with coverage from every round across five elite rugby nations - Ireland, Italy, Wales, Scotland and South Africa.

Hard luck lads, had the pleasure (not) of having to rely on that app up north. Coverage is shockingly bad with a few leinster games being cut short just when tries were about to be scored in the first season they broadcast the league.
Not worth the money for me.
Can't understand why none of the rugby leagues go down the route of the NFL coverage and own it themselves.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

BOD is GOD!
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

RavenhillRaider wrote: August 24th, 2021, 6:44 am
neill_m wrote:
domhnallj wrote: August 19th, 2021, 11:36 am

Does anyone know if Premier Sports is showing all the games for this years league? I just saw from my bank statement that they charged me £120 and I want to make sure I gets my monies worth.
UK sports broadcaster Premier Sports will show every game LIVE and host more than 100 exclusive rugby fixtures in the new look United Rugby Championship with coverage from every round across five elite rugby nations - Ireland, Italy, Wales, Scotland and South Africa.

Hard luck lads, had the pleasure (not) of having to rely on that app up north. Coverage is shockingly bad with a few leinster games being cut short just when tries were about to be scored in the first season they broadcast the league.
Not worth the money for me.
Can't understand why none of the rugby leagues go down the route of the NFL coverage and own it themselves.

Had no issues myself using the website to watch games when I've used it
Anyone But New Zealand
RavenhillRaider
Knowledgeable

Sorry should have been a bit clearer.
It wasn't the app/website itself rather the production. Can't remember if it was glasgow we were playing at home and they cut to an ad break before halftime had actually finished and we missed d Kearney scoring.

I wasactually surprised they went with them again as DAZN were mentioned as possible bidders for the rights.

Either way i hope the production improves and there are better pundits/commentators this season.

Here's hoping.

BOD is GOD!
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

RavenhillRaider wrote: August 24th, 2021, 7:57 am Sorry should have been a bit clearer.
It wasn't the app/website itself rather the production. Can't remember if it was glasgow we were playing at home and they cut to an ad break before halftime had actually finished and we missed d Kearney scoring.

I wasactually surprised they went with them again as DAZN were mentioned as possible bidders for the rights.

Either way i hope the production improves and there are better pundits/commentators this season.

Here's hoping.

Will DAZN not continue to have the rights to the new improved Pro** aka URC in Germany, Switzerland and Austria?
RavenhillRaider
Knowledgeable

They wanted local rights as thats where the moneys at. They were also pegged for buying bt sport to get premiership.

BOD is GOD!
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

I got an email about the Bulls game saying that season ticket holders with only one ticket on their account can form a group with another singleton. So I guess that if I don't form a pair with someone else, I'll just be paired with some randomer? Is this correct? I don't particularly mind getting a random friend for the game but I'd like to be sure they are covid free in so far as possible (i.e. vaccinated and have taken a test prior to the game) and this doesn't seem possible with this arrangement.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
heno
Knowledgeable

Post by heno »

domhnallj wrote:I got an email about the Bulls game saying that season ticket holders with only one ticket on their account can form a group with another singleton. So I guess that if I don't form a pair with someone else, I'll just be paired with some randomer? Is this correct? I don't particularly mind getting a random friend for the game but I'd like to be sure they are covid free in so far as possible (i.e. vaccinated and have taken a test prior to the game) and this doesn't seem possible with this arrangement.
I would have assumed you would be left on your own. Write to them and ask.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

RavenhillRaider
Knowledgeable

https://www.unitedrugby.com/urctv-befirsttoknow/

1st Step to an NFL network type of setup?

Still excludes UK and SA as Premiersport and Supersport own the rights in those regions.

But if it goes well will we finally see coverage of a league owned by the league?

BOD is GOD!
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

Dragons v Leinster confirmed for Sunday October 3rd 2pm KO (S4C/RTE/Premier Sports/URC TV (Not in UK/SA).
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

RavenhillRaider wrote: September 8th, 2021, 6:37 am https://www.unitedrugby.com/urctv-befirsttoknow/

1st Step to an NFL network type of setup?

Still excludes UK and SA as Premiersport and Supersport own the rights in those regions.

But if it goes well will we finally see coverage of a league owned by the league?

No, OTT won't match FTA in terms of eyeballs or PTV in terms of revenue, not for a significant time yet. Not least because of our dreadful broadband availability in Ireland. It appears to be a good first step though, but I'd wait to see the packages and pricing before getting too excited.
I have Bumbleflex
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Pricing announced for URC TV

Weekend Pass - Every game the chosen round live - €19.99
All Ireland Pass - Every game featuring the Irish provinces live for the season €99
Season Pass - Every game for the season live - €119.99

Not available in the UK
I have Bumbleflex
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Those prices seem pretty reasonable. If you're only interested in Rugby then a combo of URC TV alongside a Now TV Sports Extra weekend pass for European games looks like a better value proposition than getting/adding the BT Sport combo to Sky
I have Bumbleflex
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

The United Rugby Championship will be available live on Free-to-Air in the Italy with Mediaset partnering with the FIR and URC to showcase the best of the new global league which kicks off on September 24.

The return of Free to Air coverage in Italy follows other FTA agreements in Ireland (RTE &TG4), Northern Ireland (BBC NI) and Wales (BBC Wales and S4C). So only the Scots have not got a NH FTA deal for the league.

URC TV will offer a range of subscription packages including a Season Pass (all games), Weekend Passes (all games within a round) and Individual Game Passes. These will be available for fans watching in Ireland, Europe (excluding UK and Italy), North America, South America, Asia and Australasia.

https://www.unitedrugby.com/latest/news ... s-in-italy