United Rugby Championship

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

riocard911
Shane Jennings

Re: United Rugby Championship

Post by riocard911 »

mildlyinterested wrote: September 28th, 2021, 10:23 am remarkable that the URC have worse highlights on youtube than the pro 14 had..
Thus far the Premier Sports highlights are superior to those of URC TV, IMO.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Does anyone know what is the situation with regards to the Final venue?
IE, will it be a neutral ground or will top seed have home advantage, as in the old way?
Maybe we need to go back to the old way.
Pro 14 has been lucky enough with its calls on stadiums up until now.
2015- Ravers Munster v Glasgow-Irish team in the final, and how they played :lol:
2016- Murrayfield- lets quickly move on shall we
2017-Aviva Munster v Scarlets-Irish team in Final, absolute massacre :lol: oh lordy!
2018- Aviva Leinster v Scarlets-Irish team in Final, the double. 8)
2019- Paradise Glasgow v Leinster- Scottish team in final, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfvRabqeYJU. :D
2020 & 2021 Covid so no issue.

The showcase event of the season needs to be played out in front of a big passionate crowd.
Just cant risk picking Italy or RSA at this point or in the near future, can you imagine Leinster v Glasgow in Ellis Park? tumbleweed
Ditto a repeat of the Rainbow Cup Final but this time in the Principality.
Give themselves some space and chose one of the Union owned stadiums most apporpriate considering the finalists.
Worked before, especially in 2013.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

Smashing try from Connacht winger Hanson. 22-7 up on 54 mins
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

enby wrote: October 1st, 2021, 8:54 pm Smashing try from Connacht winger Hanson. 22-7 up on 54 mins
Irish qualified too A real stroke.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Connacht bossed that 2nd half so decisively that I'm getting a little concerned about these RSA sides, of which the Bulls are supposed to be the best. I fully expect them to BP the home games they play against European opposition (when their home game are actually played in South Africa) but atm they are looking a lot like the kings and the cheetahs. Yeah they have players coming back after the international window is over, but they will be managed very carefully.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

blockhead wrote: October 1st, 2021, 11:32 pm Connacht bossed that 2nd half so decisively that I'm getting a little concerned about these RSA sides, of which the Bulls are supposed to be the best. I fully expect them to BP the home games they play against European opposition (when their home game are actually played in South Africa) but atm they are looking a lot like the kings and the cheetahs. Yeah they have players coming back after the international window is over, but they will be managed very carefully.
They were playing in the rain in Galway in October in a nothing game to them. It's a big change for them, hopefully they adapt in time to still be competitive later in the season so their motivation doesn't flag.

Or maybe the club game in the southern hemisphere has been a much bigger pile of shite than generally thought.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

ronk wrote: October 1st, 2021, 11:59 pm
blockhead wrote: October 1st, 2021, 11:32 pm Connacht bossed that 2nd half so decisively that I'm getting a little concerned about these RSA sides, of which the Bulls are supposed to be the best. I fully expect them to BP the home games they play against European opposition (when their home game are actually played in South Africa) but atm they are looking a lot like the kings and the cheetahs. Yeah they have players coming back after the international window is over, but they will be managed very carefully.
They were playing in the rain in Galway in October in a nothing game to them. It's a big change for them, hopefully they adapt in time to still be competitive later in the season so their motivation doesn't flag.

Or maybe the club game in the southern hemisphere has been a much bigger pile of shite than generally thought.
Or maybe the Pro14 wasn't the pile of excrement that some would have had us believe.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

by Oldschool

Or maybe the Pro14 wasn't the pile of excrement that some would have had us believe.
Very much this
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

ronk wrote: October 1st, 2021, 11:59 pm

It wasn't a nothing game, but the rest of your point is key - they're playing in a new league against new teams with different interpretations of the laws than you get in the SH whilst their best players are unavailable - its going to take a while for the team to acclimatise and the game in SA to realign to the new situation. Of course by the time they do, we'll probably have changed the tournament again to include teams from venus or something
I have Bumbleflex
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Absolute cracker in Treviso with Benetton coming out on top after getting a dropper with the clock in the red
I have Bumbleflex
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Dave Cahill wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 3:02 pm Absolute cracker in Treviso with Benetton coming out on top after getting a dropper with the clock in the red
Dave Cahill wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 3:02 pm Absolute cracker in Treviso with Benetton coming out on top after getting a dropper with the clock in the red
I was wondering how the score was as it was on the URC webpage. They obviously didnt envisage dropgoals when designing the thing
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

It should be bourne in mind at this stage of the season that the South Africans are missing (apart from injuries) due to Springbok duties

Bulls
Johan Grobbelaar
Trevor Nyakane
Morné Steyn

Sharks
Thomas du Toit
Ox Nché
Siya Kolisi
Jaden Hendrikse
Lukhanyo Am
Makazole Mapimpi
Sbu Nkosi
Aphelele Fassi

Stormers
Bongi Mbonambi
Steven Kitshoff
Frans Malherbe
Marvin Orie
Herschel Jantjies
Damian Willemse
I have Bumbleflex
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

The URC YouTube channel now has 7/8 minute highlights on all games so far. Definitely a step up from what we got from the Pro1X.
Making a 7/8 mins highlights package from the Leinster game at the weekend must have been a challenge.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Jake White is a bit of fun, isn't he. Getting the URC well and truely noticed
Before Connacht game..
"A lot of Leinster guys, who come down from Leinster because they didn't get contracts up there; they come down here.
"It's very similar to a couple of franchises we have in South Africa. When they don't get contracted by the big unions, they go down to the small provinces and try and find a way to get noticed by the bigger provinces.
"As I said, we're used to playing that sort of opposition and it will be nothing different. They'll be looking to front up, especially after last week when they lost against Cardiff."
After the Connacht game....
"There's no doubting that Connacht know how to play on this field," he told News 24. "The wind was pumping and the rain came down.
"When you lose the toss here, it really becomes like cricket. You struggle to get up the hill. The ground is sloped that way and it's also the direction the wind comes from.
"I don't think people appreciate how tough it was to carry the ball out of your half. It's different when you score tries running down the hill. The reality is we weren't good in the conditions and we weren't accurate."

Your small, the players see you as a stepping stone to better teams, your ground is a sh!thole.
Get off the fence Jake.
OneLungDavy
Bookworm

Post by OneLungDavy »

blockhead wrote: October 7th, 2021, 10:16 pm Jake White is a bit of fun, isn't he. Getting the URC well and truely noticed
Before Connacht game..
"A lot of Leinster guys, who come down from Leinster because they didn't get contracts up there; they come down here.
"It's very similar to a couple of franchises we have in South Africa. When they don't get contracted by the big unions, they go down to the small provinces and try and find a way to get noticed by the bigger provinces.
"As I said, we're used to playing that sort of opposition and it will be nothing different. They'll be looking to front up, especially after last week when they lost against Cardiff."
"There's no doubting that Connacht know how to play on this field," he told News 24. "The wind was pumping and the rain came down.
"When you lose the toss here, it really becomes like cricket. You struggle to get up the hill. The ground is sloped that way and it's also the direction the wind comes from.
"I don't think people appreciate how tough it was to carry the ball out of your half. It's different when you score tries running down the hill. The reality is we weren't good in the conditions and we weren't accurate."

Your small, the players see you as a stepping stone to better teams, your ground is a sh!thole.
Get off the fence Jake.
I put his initial comments about "smaller provinces" down to being new around here, but the sloped pitch comments are very delusional.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

blockhead wrote: October 7th, 2021, 10:16 pm Jake White is a bit of fun, isn't he. Getting the URC well and truely noticed
Before Connacht game..

Get off the fence Jake.
Just the 9 ex-leinster underage players in the connacht squad against the bulls.. usually more.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

OneLungDavy wrote: October 8th, 2021, 9:34 am
Before Connacht game..

Get off the fence Jake.
I put his initial comments about "smaller provinces" down to being new around here, but the sloped pitch comments are very delusional.
I must be suffering from the same delusion too so, 'cos that pitch in the Sportsground has always appeared sloped to me - from west to east or left to right on de telly.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

mildlyinterested wrote: October 8th, 2021, 9:42 am

Just the 9 ex-leinster underage players in the connacht squad against the bulls.. usually more.
I like the way you sneakily referred to Leinster 'underage' players there to bump up the numbers...!
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

What's this "come down here"? I mean the RDS is maybe marginally north of the sports ground but what it is really is east of it. Come over here. Doubt he's looked at a map.
heno
Knowledgeable

Post by heno »

fourthirtythree wrote:What's this "come down here"? I mean the RDS is maybe marginally north of the sports ground but what it is really is east of it. Come over here. Doubt he's looked at a map.
North South East West has nothing to do with it. You go down the country and you go up to Dublin. Because you're moving up in the world Image

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk