United Rugby Championship

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Re: United Rugby Championship

Post by ronk »

Treviso beat teams who had beaten them earlier in the season. They lifted their game when they had a clear run at a pot.

If we want a strong competition then everyone needs to have something to play for.
RobbieRockBoy
Enlightened

Post by RobbieRockBoy »

So how does the reduced number of home games next season fit in to deal with RDS, usually Leinster moved 2 spare games to Aviva for bigger paydays.
erskinechilders
Knowledgeable

Post by erskinechilders »

RobbieRockBoy wrote: June 16th, 2021, 12:48 pm So how does the reduced number of home games next season fit in to deal with RDS, usually Leinster moved 2 spare games to Aviva for bigger paydays.
My guess is that we will still play our home fixture against Munster there. They will probably look to put one of the CC fixtures in there too and then all play off games.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

ronk wrote: June 16th, 2021, 12:30 pm Treviso beat teams who had beaten them earlier in the season. They lifted their game when they had a clear run at a pot.

If we want a strong competition then everyone needs to have something to play for.
Yes, but it was a clear easier run than almost everyone else.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

RTE's commitment to the league can already be seen with their one single tweet on the subject since the announcement yesterday (and that was after being called out by TG4)
I have Bumbleflex
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

No, I lie - there has been a second tweet people
I have Bumbleflex
RobbieRockBoy
Enlightened

Post by RobbieRockBoy »

erskinechilders wrote: June 16th, 2021, 12:58 pm
RobbieRockBoy wrote: June 16th, 2021, 12:48 pm So how does the reduced number of home games next season fit in to deal with RDS, usually Leinster moved 2 spare games to Aviva for bigger paydays.
My guess is that we will still play our home fixture against Munster there. They will probably look to put one of the CC fixtures in there too and then all play off games.
RDS deal is for 14? home games every year until 2027, 11, then Pro12, home matches, 3 CC Pool games. Italian entry (Pro14 now) allowed for 2 floaters, typically Munster home & 1 big draw CC pool match. Play off's/QFs/Sf's were always extras, as not guaranteed. Can't see the RDS giving away any of its income. Next season is only 11 URC home games, and 2 (at the moment) CC games, one short of the contract.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

RDS deal was originally for 13 games a season. 9 league games, 3 euro games and the Schools Cup Final.

Not sure if it was ever renegotiated.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

Confirmed: The United Rugby Championship will be shown on RTÉ and TG4 from next season. 52 of the 60 Irish fixtures every season for the next four years.
Also, the URC and RTÉ will offer a domestic and international streaming option called URC TV, details TBC this summer.

Via Murray Kinsella
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

With 1 less guaranteed HEC game and less URC games the Leinster marketing team are really going to need to start upping the crowds for URC. Hopefully the extra sprinkle of SA quality will help with that.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

neill_m wrote: June 16th, 2021, 2:18 pm Confirmed: The United Rugby Championship will be shown on RTÉ and TG4 from next season. 52 of the 60 Irish fixtures every season for the next four years.
Also, the URC and RTÉ will offer a domestic and international streaming option called URC TV, details TBC this summer.

Via Murray Kinsella
8 games. Enough to not show the touring games in SA. Or to not show any Leinster away games outside Ireland.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

wixfjord wrote: June 16th, 2021, 3:09 pm With 1 less guaranteed HEC game and less URC games the Leinster marketing team are really going to need to start upping the crowds for URC. Hopefully the extra sprinkle of SA quality will help with that.
They're going to need to up something alright (or else reduce the season ticket costs going forward) We're down three games next season on tickets we already purchased without knowing games would be reduced
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

What does that do to the price per game now for season ticket holders? Can't be very different to buying a ticket to each individual game now, surely?
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Xanthippe wrote:
wixfjord wrote: June 16th, 2021, 3:09 pm With 1 less guaranteed HEC game and less URC games the Leinster marketing team are really going to need to start upping the crowds for URC. Hopefully the extra sprinkle of SA quality will help with that.
They're going to need to up something alright (or else reduce the season ticket costs going forward) We're down three games next season on tickets we already purchased without knowing games would be reduced
Some form of A league included in season ticket would suit me nicely. Played on the international weekends which have no league games as well... Might even get a decent attendance

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

CiaranIrl wrote:What does that do to the price per game now for season ticket holders? Can't be very different to buying a ticket to each individual game now, surely?
Assuming the ticket now covers 11 home games, it works out at €28.63 a ticket for a South Stand season ticket (€315 including service charge). I think South stand tickets go for about €30 + service charge, so you don’t really save much anymore. If you miss one game, you’re losing money.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Serb wrote: June 17th, 2021, 1:02 pm
CiaranIrl wrote:What does that do to the price per game now for season ticket holders? Can't be very different to buying a ticket to each individual game now, surely?
Assuming the ticket now covers 11 home games, it works out at €28.63 a ticket for a South Stand season ticket (€315 including service charge). I think South stand tickets go for about €30 + service charge, so you don’t really save much anymore. If you miss one game, you’re losing money.
Yeah, I've been in Block B Anglesea for about 10 years. Season ticket was €600, so 11 games at €55 per game, which is fairly steep! I haven't actually bought a single game match ticket in an awfully long time, so I couldn't tell you how much they are, but it can't be far off that.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Fairest way for next season, at least, would be to include the first knockout match of the Heineken Cup as part of the season ticket. There's a chance we won't make it that far but it's far more likely that we will.
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

Maybe the league quarter final ticket? Half the league end up in the quarters so pretty likely we’ll always be involved.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Serb wrote: June 17th, 2021, 3:52 pm Maybe the league quarter final ticket? Half the league end up in the quarters so pretty likely we’ll always be involved.
Might not be at home.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Serb wrote: June 17th, 2021, 3:52 pm Maybe the league quarter final ticket? Half the league end up in the quarters so pretty likely we’ll always be involved.
16 of the 24 teams in the Heineken Cup will have a home game in the first knockout round of the HEC. 4 of the 16 teams in the URC will have a home quarter-final.