United Rugby Championship

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Dexter
Shane Horgan

Re: United Rugby Championship

Post by Dexter »

I think what we've learnt is.. don't sweat about finishing the league on top, as it's tough to win it twice in the same season. You can win the league without winning the trophy and you can win the league trophy by finishing 3rd or 5th in the league.
Dont Panic!
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Dexter wrote: May 13th, 2023, 11:10 pm I think what we've learnt is.. don't sweat about finishing the league on top, as it's tough to win it twice in the same season. You can win the league without winning the trophy and you can win the league trophy by finishing 3rd or 5th in the league.
8 teams qualifying for the play-offs really is ridiculous. It should be 4, or 6 at the absolute most.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bigdickenergy
Bookworm

Post by Bigdickenergy »

Have to say it’s rather funny watching Munster fans cream their jocks over this result when they’re gonna end the season in 2 weeks time without a trophy, again.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Bigdickenergy wrote: May 13th, 2023, 11:28 pm Have to say it’s rather funny watching Munster fans cream their jocks over this result when they’re gonna end the season in 2 weeks time without a trophy, again.
Balls Deep
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Bigdickenergy wrote: May 13th, 2023, 11:28 pm Have to say it’s rather funny watching Munster fans cream their jocks over this result when they’re gonna end the season in 2 weeks time without a trophy, again.
Username checks out.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Barry
Enlightened

Post by Barry »

Bigdickenergy wrote:Have to say it’s rather funny watching Munster fans cream their jocks over this result when they’re gonna end the season in 2 weeks time without a trophy, again.
The scenes on the pitch and in the stands at full time reminded me of how Mayo fans and players reacted when they beat Dublin in an all Ireland semi final a few years ago.

Lap of honour with kids on their shoulders, looking like a team that had finally reached their mountain top. Forgetting that they had still won nothing.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Barry wrote: May 14th, 2023, 9:27 am
Bigdickenergy wrote:Have to say it’s rather funny watching Munster fans cream their jocks over this result when they’re gonna end the season in 2 weeks time without a trophy, again.
The scenes on the pitch and in the stands at full time reminded me of how Mayo fans and players reacted when they beat Dublin in an all Ireland semi final a few years ago.

Lap of honour with kids on their shoulders, looking like a team that had finally reached their mountain top. Forgetting that they had still won nothing.

Yeah, definitely had the same thought. Some of them were in tears even. My immediate thought was: If Leinster are ever in that state after beating Munster A, please shoot me.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Jesus lads it’s the first time they have beaten us in a competitive game in years, surely we can allow them to celebrate that fact, are our memories so faded that we don’t remember beating them in a similar type semi and celebrating in similar fashion. Also a couple of them are finishing this year and are saying they’re farewells that they can’t do down in SA. I have no issue with that and just shows how important that game was for them. Frank Murphy was a joke but don’t begrudge Munster or their fans (who for the most part are good supporters - baring the usual idiots) the win.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Theleinsterlad wrote: May 14th, 2023, 10:26 am

Jesus lads it’s the first time they have beaten us in a competitive game in years, surely we can allow them to celebrate that fact, are our memories so faded that we don’t remember beating them in a similar type semi and celebrating in similar fashion. Also a couple of them are finishing this year and are saying they’re farewells that they can’t do down in SA. I have no issue with that and just shows how important that game was for them. Frank Murphy was a joke but don’t begrudge Munster or their fans (who for the most part are good supporters - baring the usual idiots) the win.
pretty much this.

I HATE losing to Munster, doesn't mean I don't want them to bate the shite out of the Stormers in a coupla weeks...
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Theleinsterlad wrote:

+1

I'm angry with ourselves. We didn't play as smart or as precisely as we need to at this stage of the season and I worry about the mentality. A bit like Ulster last week tbh

But that doesn't take away from Munsters win. They did their work and deserved it.

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

The Doc wrote: May 14th, 2023, 10:34 am
Theleinsterlad wrote:
Barry wrote: May 14th, 2023, 9:27 am The scenes on the pitch and in the stands at full time reminded me of how Mayo fans and players reacted when they beat Dublin in an all Ireland semi final a few years ago.

+1

I'm angry with ourselves. We didn't play as smart or as precisely as we need to at this stage of the season and I worry about the mentality. A bit like Ulster last week tbh

But that doesn't take away from Munsters win. They did their work and deserved it.

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk
I'm not sure Munster had a lot of work to do to get bent Frank Murphy reffing the game
Anyone But New Zealand
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

Since Croke Park they have had to watch us lord it over them on so many occasions, often with our espoirs beating them at Fortress Thomond. Yesterday was their cup final and it is easy to see how much they relished getting our foot off their throat. The nature of the win with the late drop goal no doubt added to their excitement. Although we lost it us always good to see some emotion in the game.

I have to say that I was very sceptical about the media narrative that Munster are on their way back to the top table. I remain unconvinced but I would concede that their performances since the ignominy of their feeble exit from Europe give them a decent foundation to build upon. However they have a very long road indeed to travel before they can contemplate being a real power again.

The likes of Beirne, POM, Kleyn, Hodnett, Healy, Crowley and even Archer put in great performances but am I alone in not getting the Casey vibe? I thought he was really poor yesterday and was outplayed by Luke. I remain puzzled at Farrell's fondness for him.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

That was Keith Earls last game on Irish soil in front of Munster supporters. If they had elephants, an Aer Corps flypast, and Brian May soloing through "Limerick you're a Lady" from atop one of the stands, that'd be okay by me

I have Bumbleflex
SoupyNorman
Bookworm

Post by SoupyNorman »

enby wrote: May 14th, 2023, 10:50 am but am I alone in not getting the Casey vibe? I thought he was really poor yesterday and was outplayed by Luke. I remain puzzled at Farrell's fondness for him.
Put me in the Casey totally outplayed McGrath camp. Passes so much crisper and sweeter and regularly putting passes through tight gaps when several dummy runners offered. For Leinster passes out of ruck were notably cleaner and not stalling the receiver when the likes of Joe McCarthy were standing in at scrum-half.
BlueStreak
Knowledgeable

Post by BlueStreak »

Dave Cahill wrote:That was Keith Earls last game on Irish soil in front of Munster supporters. If they had elephants, an Aer Corps flypast, and Brian May soloing through "Limerick you're a Lady" from atop one of the stands, that'd be okay by me
Fair play Dave. Been a bit down in the dumps this morning but that put a smile on my face. And I fully agree by the way.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

BlueStreak wrote: May 14th, 2023, 11:24 am
Dave Cahill wrote:That was Keith Earls last game on Irish soil in front of Munster supporters. If they had elephants, an Aer Corps flypast, and Brian May soloing through "Limerick you're a Lady" from atop one of the stands, that'd be okay by me
Fair play Dave. Been a bit down in the dumps this morning but that put a smile on my face. And I fully agree by the way.
100%. Anything else would be begrudgery, and I've no time for that.
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

Were himself and Church the last men standing from Croker 2009?
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

enby wrote: May 14th, 2023, 5:52 pm Were himself and Church the last men standing from Croker 2009?
Yep
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Dave Cahill wrote: May 14th, 2023, 10:59 am That was Keith Earls last game on Irish soil in front of Munster supporters. If they had elephants, an Aer Corps flypast, and Brian May soloing through "Limerick you're a Lady" from atop one of the stands, that'd be okay by me
It would have to be Moyross's own Noel Hogan instead of Brian May
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

RoboProp wrote: May 14th, 2023, 7:12 pm
Dave Cahill wrote: May 14th, 2023, 10:59 am That was Keith Earls last game on Irish soil in front of Munster supporters. If they had elephants, an Aer Corps flypast, and Brian May soloing through "Limerick you're a Lady" from atop one of the stands, that'd be okay by me
It would have to be Moyross's own Noel Hogan instead of Brian May
A couple of weeks ago I'd have said Johnny Fean, but sadly... :(
I have Bumbleflex