United Rugby Championship

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Re: United Rugby Championship

Post by Morf »

Theleinsterlad wrote: March 11th, 2022, 11:52 pm
John23 wrote: March 11th, 2022, 8:58 pm Once the Sharks got parity, it went very downhill after that for the Scarlets
Are the empty stadiums still as a result of covid or do fans down there no longer care like in wales? Btw shocked to see the millennium stadium not full tonight - again is there restrictions in attendance, cause if not that’s a worry for Welsh rugby
All of the SA stadia are way oversized for the actual fans. A lot of reasons to that but oversized world cup stadia and exodus of white South Africans are big ones.
Colmodon
Bookworm

Post by Colmodon »

Morf wrote: March 12th, 2022, 2:07 am
John23 wrote: March 11th, 2022, 8:58 pm Once the Sharks got parity, it went very downhill after that for the Scarlets
Are the empty stadiums still as a result of covid or do fans down there no longer care like in wales? Btw shocked to see the millennium stadium not full tonight - again is there restrictions in attendance, cause if not that’s a worry for Welsh rugby
All of the SA stadia are way oversized for the actual fans. A lot of reasons to that but oversized world cup stadia and exodus of white South Africans are big ones.
They're Covid restricted to 2000 fans at the moment.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Colmodon wrote: March 12th, 2022, 6:09 am

And the MilStad last night was down to greed by the WRU - they decided to charge something like £115 per ticket for a Friday night game!
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
John23
Enlightened

Post by John23 »

Hopefully that will be the end of a 6 Nations on a Friday night nonsense
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

K cause would love to make a sway trip to one of the Leinster games when they are down in SA next season but an empty stadium would put me off a bit
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

How many tries have Leinster scored this season (in competition)?

Looking at the URC site and the EPCR site, we have scored 84. I have us at 85 though?
I have Bumbleflex
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Dave Cahill wrote: March 13th, 2022, 5:12 pm How many tries have Leinster scored this season (in competition)?

Looking at the URC site and the EPCR site, we have scored 84. I have us at 85 though?
50 URC, 35 HC. I'm guessing they haven't added the Ulster game.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

They have 54 URC (includes Ulster game) and 30 ERC on the official sites. - I have 55 and 30.

I wonder have the URC not included the Penalty try against Scarlets - there have been problems with Penalty tries and their site in the past
I have Bumbleflex
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Dave Cahill wrote: March 13th, 2022, 5:12 pm How many tries have Leinster scored this season (in competition)?

I know this is going to sound absolutely ridiculous but they haven’t added ANY of the penalty tries scored this season!!!
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Theleinsterlad wrote: March 12th, 2022, 5:46 pm

K cause would love to make a sway trip to one of the Leinster games when they are down in SA next season but an empty stadium would put me off a bit
This is the season to go. Durban and Capetown. Next season is the cr@p one. Joburg and Pretoria.

Didn't know about the covid restricted crowd. I figured you could just rock up at the stadium and pay in
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

Xanthippe wrote: March 12th, 2022, 12:07 pm

And the MilStad last night was down to greed by the WRU - they decided to charge something like £115 per ticket for a Friday night game!
WRU don't miss out as the tickets are distributed to the clubs who have to pay for them whether they sell them or not. There is no public transport on Friday nights to get back to the valleys, hence empty seats.
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

D4surfer wrote: March 14th, 2022, 9:11 am
Xanthippe wrote: March 12th, 2022, 12:07 pm

WRU don't miss out as the tickets are distributed to the clubs who have to pay for them whether they sell them or not. There is no public transport on Friday nights to get back to the valleys, hence empty seats.
10,000 unsold but also a load more empty than clubs bought and couldn't sell on loads of offers of boy one get one free from the junior clubs in wales' Yet the WRU come up with a press release saying they are delighted 63,000 turned up talk about not reading the room!
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

The boks sides are 4 from 4 last weekend, I would fancy the bulls sharks and stormers to all win again

Munster may get the win vs the lions, Edinburgh vs Glasgow same weekend as a Scotland 6 nations game seems a bit daft
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Great for the tournament. Home strength has added a real dimension to it. I think next year we'll see stronger teams touring and a little more respect in the calendar scheduling (special circumstances notwithstanding)
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

JB1973 wrote: March 16th, 2022, 12:58 pm The boks sides are 4 from 4 last weekend, I would fancy the bulls sharks and stormers to all win again

Munster may get the win vs the lions, Edinburgh vs Glasgow same weekend as a Scotland 6 nations game seems a bit daft
"....a bit daft"? You're the master of understatement; take a bow!!!
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

You'd have to think the Bok sides will be stronger next year and they will be looking towards winning the league my worry is that the welsh and Scottish sides just won't be able to compete. In last week's game the scarlet's had the sharks right on the go for an hour in fairness to them but the sharks just wore them down in the last 20 . I personally doubt any welsh region will win out in SA this season, their sides just look to big and powerful for us, it's unlikely many of the welsh lads will go with the ospreys out there while the dragons are just not good enough full stop.

The irish sides will give them a tough game and I would expect at least one of you to get a victory out there
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

riocard911 wrote: March 16th, 2022, 4:18 pm
JB1973 wrote: March 16th, 2022, 12:58 pm The boks sides are 4 from 4 last weekend, I would fancy the bulls sharks and stormers to all win again

"....a bit daft"? You're the master of understatement; take a bow!!!
I like to be understated :D
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Bulls pass Connacht in Table, with a game in hand, by demolishing Scarlets with nine-try victory. Sharks can pass Bulls tomorrow if they beat Zebre. Glasgow & Edinburgh 2nds slugging it out at present 17-17.
Blue Man
Enlightened

Post by Blue Man »

The Welsh sides are a joke. Looks like Irish, Scots and Saffas will be prevalent in the knock out phase. Leinster’s trip to SA will be interesting, presumably the Internationals will stay in Dublin and prepare for the Heino Cup (assuming we beat Connacht). The challenge is that we have five tough URC games left and will need c. 15 points for a home quarter and semi (very rough estimate). After the match against the Lions I’m concerned but excited about the Sharks and Stormers.
The knock out games will be amazing with fully loaded Saffa and Irish teams going at it but we need to make sure we finish first / second in the regular season and with Connacht, the turnips and Saffas on the menu, that’s a tough run in. Better than facile matches against flaky Welsh sides and good learning environment for Osborne, McCarthy and Co.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Glasgow displace Munster in 3rd place with three SA teams lining up behind Edinburgh, with games in hand. If Bulls, Stormers & Sharks continue their progress, three Irish, three SA and two Scottish teams will comprise top eight with venues determining the outcomes.

Some tough days ahead where we'll need full Squad, fully armed.